Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 05-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #736
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Re: Let's talk good beer

They replaced Brown Shugga with it years ago and people were pissed so they changed the name to Lagunitas Sucks.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #737
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Sipping on a Double Cannon from Heavy Seas. Nice offering from a local establishment. At 9.4% its a sipper.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #738
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is the amazing beer I've been crushing:

Green flash: pallet wrecker, double ipa

Avery: daguna...limited ipa

Firestone: double jack...double ipa

It's gettin hoppy up in this bitch

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-25-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #739
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Camping at stone mountain Georgia after a weekend in downtown Atlanta sipping on balast point big eye ipa...damn it feels good to get away from the corporate bullshit life of home. I wanna toast everybody to say stop, relax, and enjoy the small things in life this summer. Lift a good beer with me on that!

He Gets Us
Old 06-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #740
over the mountain
Playmaker

cheers chico!

edit - i came up with my own original pick up line.

(you are sitting in a swanky hotel bar you are staying at for business. you've had a couple too many to drink as you try to drink enough to fall asleep in a new bed. you decide to walk up to a tall woman in a short curve-hugging red slip on dress as she sits at the end of the bar smoking a virginia slim leaving cherry red lipstick on the butt of the stick)

"excuse me, it looks like you got something in your eye." - you

(you hand gesture to the inner crow of her eye)

(she starts trying to brush what ever it is away)

"did i get it?" - she asks

"no, its still there" - you

"what is it?" - she asks as she more vigorously wipes at her eye ball

(you lean in a little closer for a better look)

"It .. looks like ... love at first sight." - you

BOOM you just picked up a woman who is most likely a really expensive hooker and after she takes you up to her hotel room and you are done, she demands 2k to which you look astonished. Big Toni who was sitting in the bathroom busts open the door and beats the ever living shit out of you as she goes through your wallet. she only finds a couple 20s. she tosses your wallet to toni who grabs your Id. he ahd already pulled your webbing ring off your finger. Toni tells you that if you dont pay him 1k every month for the next 6 months he is going to show pictures to your wife. You pay toni every month for 6 months. but toni keeps coming. sometimes at your work. sometimes he waits for you in the parking garage of your office building. fucjing toni. when will he stop ...
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #741
FRPLG
MVP

That's just hypothetical right? Not like that actually ever happened to anyone whose name rhymed with rover be countin' right?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #742
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
That's just hypothetical right? Not like that actually ever happened to anyone whose name rhymed with rover be countin' right?
lol no that never happened to me.

i did slow dance with a tall hot lady in Atlantic city. after the dance, my buddy told me that she was a he. i didnt quite throw up, but it was close.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #743
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

For the 7th straight year, the best beer in America is….

The craft beer industry may be a hotbed of innovation, but one beer continues to reign supreme above them all in an annual poll among homebrewers.

For the seventh year in row, Russian River Brewing Co.'s Pliny The Elder has taken the top spot in Zymurgy magazine's vote of best commercial beers. Pliny the Elder is a Double IPA with alcohol by volume of 8 percent.

Read More › Beer comes of age in New York as state gets its own ale

"I say it every year, but we really are honored and humbled. There are so many great beers out there," Vinnie Cilurzo, co-founder and brewmaster of Russian River, told the American Homebrewer's Association, which publishers the magazine.

Zymurgy asked AHA members to vote for up to 20 of their favorite beers among any commercial beer available for sale in the Unites States. More than 19,000 votes were received for almost 6,000 different beers and from 1,763 breweries in the online poll.

Read More › The Sam Adams of whiskey

While Russian River continued to rule in the top spot, Michigan-based Bell's Brewery was the only brewery to place two beers in the top 10: Two Hearted Ale at No. 2 and Hopslam Ale at No. 7.

Though much of the top 10 stayed the same as in 2014, Three Floyds Brewing Co.'s Zombie Dust (No. 8) and Firestone Walker Brewing Co.'s Wookey Jack (No. 10) were new entrants to the top 10 this year.

Good list right there folks.

Has anyone had the 3 Floyds Zombie Dust? Was talking to a dude last week in Atlanta who was saying this was the beer i need to try.

He Gets Us
Old 06-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #744
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
For the 7th straight year, the best beer in America is….

The craft beer industry may be a hotbed of innovation, but one beer continues to reign supreme above them all in an annual poll among homebrewers.

For the seventh year in row, Russian River Brewing Co.'s Pliny The Elder has taken the top spot in Zymurgy magazine's vote of best commercial beers. Pliny the Elder is a Double IPA with alcohol by volume of 8 percent.

Read More › Beer comes of age in New York as state gets its own ale

"I say it every year, but we really are honored and humbled. There are so many great beers out there," Vinnie Cilurzo, co-founder and brewmaster of Russian River, told the American Homebrewer's Association, which publishers the magazine.

Zymurgy asked AHA members to vote for up to 20 of their favorite beers among any commercial beer available for sale in the Unites States. More than 19,000 votes were received for almost 6,000 different beers and from 1,763 breweries in the online poll.

Read More › The Sam Adams of whiskey

While Russian River continued to rule in the top spot, Michigan-based Bell's Brewery was the only brewery to place two beers in the top 10: Two Hearted Ale at No. 2 and Hopslam Ale at No. 7.

Though much of the top 10 stayed the same as in 2014, Three Floyds Brewing Co.'s Zombie Dust (No. 8) and Firestone Walker Brewing Co.'s Wookey Jack (No. 10) were new entrants to the top 10 this year.

Good list right there folks.

Has anyone had the 3 Floyds Zombie Dust? Was talking to a dude last week in Atlanta who was saying this was the beer i need to try.
Zombie Dust was just ok. It is very hard to get which leads to its mystique but it was nothing that blew my mind.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #745
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Zombie Dust was just ok. It is very hard to get which leads to its mystique but it was nothing that blew my mind.
Any suggestions for a pale ale? Breckinridge use to have the best, but they stop making it. The world has gone iPa crazy...in the summer sun I like a lighter tasting pale ale...usually go dales...and great divide makes a slamming one when I can find it.

Any suggestions from anyone?

He Gets Us
Old 06-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #746
over the mountain
Playmaker

bell's just started distribution in MD and i am going through their offerings not named 2 hearted ale (one of my fav). I used to drive to DC to get 2 hearted.

I tried bells lager by the lake this weekend. pretty good but not something i would routinely buy. im going to try the midwestern ale and another kinda golden ale offering (i forgot the name) next.

chico - ive been meaning to try lagunitas pilsner. that may be a good crisp clean summer beer.

bell's distribution is insanely quick. on md and Dc shelves are beers that are less than 2 weeks old. just insane.

-----

monument city is coming out with a new IPA. i tried a shot from a tester growler and it was pretty good. hard to tell from the little i had but its not as good as 51 rye. its more or less another decent mosaic IPA .. which there are way to many of on the shelves to begin with. i wish they went ahead w a pale ale they had planned instead.

-------------------

wow, stone enjoy by and 90 min made the top 10? wow. they are good solid beers but top 10? thats the thing about beer or food or women .... to each his own. there is no right or wrong in the world of personal preference.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #747
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

monument city is coming out with a new IPA. i tried a shot from a tester growler and it was pretty good. hard to tell from the little i had but its not as good as 51 rye. its more or less another decent mosaic IPA .. which there are way to many of on the shelves to begin with. i wish they went ahead w a pale ale they had planned instead.

-------------------

wow, stone enjoy by and 90 min made the top 10? wow. they are good solid beers but top 10? thats the thing about beer or food or women .... to each his own. there is no right or wrong in the world of personal preference.
I had Monument City's Battle IPA at the Maryland Craft Brew Festival a few weeks back. I had the first pour off the cask that day, and could possibly be the first person outside the brewery to have it. From what I remember (memory is a bit hazy from that day. Sampled 20+ beers that afternoon), it was very very good. But also heard they are not bottling it...

Here are some of the different things I've had lately...I tend to post everything in Untappd, so if you don't have the app yet, get it and follow all of us who post here...there.

Have 2 bombers (one in fridge, one aging) of the Points Unknown IPA from Stone/Wicked Weed/Ecliptic. Good stuff. Be careful. It's an easy drinker and if you don't sip, you'll miss how complexly good it really is.

Heavy Seas' Blackbeard's Breakfast. Nice porter.

Union Double Duckpin. Quality DIPA. Love the fact that it drinks so nicely out of a can. Nice to see a lot of craft beers going the can route. Something about drinking out of a can in the summer time.

Mispillion River Reach Around IPA. Only distributed in DE. Drinks nicely out of the can. Reminded me of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Could be my go to drinker at the beach.

New Holland Mad Hatter. The pine smell alone makes this worth trying. I really liked this.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #748
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Any suggestions for a pale ale? Breckinridge use to have the best, but they stop making it. The world has gone iPa crazy...in the summer sun I like a lighter tasting pale ale...usually go dales...and great divide makes a slamming one when I can find it.

Any suggestions from anyone?
Too bad Union only distributes in MD. Their Duckpin and Anthem beers are lighter tasting.

Flying Dog Doggie Style? Founders? Sweetwater 420?

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #749
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Too bad Union only distributes in MD. Their Duckpin and Anthem beers are lighter tasting.

Flying Dog Doggie Style? Founders? Sweetwater 420?
Yeah sweetwater 420 is a staple...looking for something new. Havent had the Flying dog in awhile, gonna remember to grab that next time.

Has anybody ever had this brewery, Maine Beer Company?
Our Beers | Maine Beer Company

Ive heard they super dankness and have a strong lineup. I need to try these.

He Gets Us
Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #750
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah sweetwater 420 is a staple...looking for something new. Havent had the Flying dog in awhile, gonna remember to grab that next time.

Has anybody ever had this brewery, Maine Beer Company?
Our Beers | Maine Beer Company

Ive heard they super dankness and have a strong lineup. I need to try these.
Maine distributes in MD but only on rare occassions can you find Lunch and you can never find Dinner. there are 3-4 types you can find on a MD shelf 365 but i havent tried any yet like a fuzzy nurple and some other red rose (are these sours?). the perfect pour got a shipment of Lunch in a few weeks ago, i called a few days after and it was already gone. the Lunch is really really good.

it sounds like i need to circle back around to sweetwater. i had it a few times a few years ago, i liked it but didnt love it. maybe i need to give it another go.

chico - try Great Divides english bitter beer. i forget the name they call it. real good beer that leaves the mouth feeling fresh and clean after, which is what i look for in a summer beer. clean, crisp and refreshing.

BD - i hope they bottle it, if it was the same IPA i had. i literally had a plastic shot of it so it is real hard to tell.