Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Denver is by far the favorite in the AFC
Surprised by how flat New England has looked tonight. Thought they would make it competitive, especially after that painful loss to Carolina last Monday

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

God Von miller is such a hog in the game. Sensitive Sally, lol hilarious

He Gets Us
Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #63
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I get Fisher not being on everyone's fav list. He's been in the league a long time and not even been to a SB from my memory.

What I like is that he's done quite a bit with a little. All those years in Tennessee he never found a superstar QB but fielded competitive teams against wicked opponents like Manning at Indy all those years. Fishers players almost always seem to play hard for him and his defense is almost always nasty.

I think if he lands a great QB he's a SB contender for sure, because he'll always build that same kind of hard ass defense and team attitude.

Thought this about him for a long time.
He was the coach of the Titans when they went to their Superbowl.

Also he had Steve McNair, not the best QB ever but he was a co MVP with Peyton Manning. Steve McNair was a top 10 QB during his prime years.

I think Fisher is a coach that just does enough not to get fired, but seems to always leave something a little more to be desired, specifically championships.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #64
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Surprised by how flat New England has looked tonight. Thought they would make it competitive, especially after that painful loss to Carolina last Monday
This Patriots team is starting to Remind me of the Ravens team from last year. All they need is Tom Brady to announce his is going to retire and they are going to the Super Bowl.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #65
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
He was the coach of the Titans when they went to their Superbowl.

Also he had Steve McNair, not the best QB ever but he was a co MVP with Peyton Manning. Steve McNair was a top 10 QB during his prime years.

I think Fisher is a coach that just does enough not to get fired, but seems to always leave something a little more to be desired, specifically championships.
Good memory. McNair was great for sure. Not sure the description of just doing enough to to keep his job fits fisher. He's fielded super competitive teams. I thought the rams were garbage when he took over as most did. They showed a lot of progress right away and now look poised to take it to another level. Of course, now some folks are trying to say St. Louis had talent before he got there. I always get a chuckle how those things go back and forth.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #66
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I bet this game comes down to the last few minutes. Hoody is king of halftime adjustments and the turnovers are freaky, won't happen all game.

Manning is soooooo good. I wish we could have pulled him into DC somehow.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #67
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Good memory. McNair was great for sure. Not sure the description of just doing enough to to keep his job fits fisher. He's fielded super competitive teams. I thought the rams were garbage when he took over as most did. They showed a lot of progress right away and now look poised to take it to another level. Of course, now some folks are trying to say St. Louis had talent before he got there. I always get a chuckle how those things go back and forth.
I agree that the Rams weren't very good. What I mean by not doing enough is toward the end of his tenure at Tennessee, it seemed they were just keeping him there because they didn't think they could do any better. Kind of like the girlfriend that one may keep around just because you don't want to take the chance of not getting a better one, even though you know she is just...eh.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #68
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Difference in this game isn't the qb, but Denver dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides. Enjoying the boos and grumbling from the New England crowd

He Gets Us
Old 11-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #69
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I bet this game comes down to the last few minutes. Hoody is king of halftime adjustments and the turnovers are freaky, won't happen all game.

Manning is soooooo good. I wish we could have pulled him into DC somehow.
He would have been killed by our lack of OL.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #70
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Difference in this game isn't the qb, but Denver dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides. Enjoying the boos and grumbling from the New England crowd
That is what almost every game seems to come down. It is the real reason the Skins are as bad as they are this year. It is also why you see a lot of the great teams spend their high draft picks/money on linemen and not skill players.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #71
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Reminiscent of our week 1 game except NE has had average starting field position. We were pinned back on our goaline unable to get 1st downs.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #72
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He would have been killed by our lack of OL.
Probably one of the factors that kept him away, along with the father/son debacle. He's too smart to get involved in something like this IMO.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #73
12thMan
MVP

Helluva catch... and throw.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #74
donofriose
The Starter

This game has been very sloppy. Not sure if this provides any kind of picture of how these teams will play in the playoffs with all the fumbles.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #75
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'd probably bench Montee Ball the rest of the game. Kid has fumbled 3 times within 70 carries over the season. That's unacceptable. Probably need to make his ass inactive a couple games to get the message across.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Closed Thread