Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Do You Unequivocally Believe RG3 Is Our Franchise QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 02:20 AM   #61
Bucket
Playmaker

Re: Do You Unequivocally Believe RG3 Is Our Franchise QB?

A lot of people blowing what Moss said up. I don't know if ANYONE has realized this, but no matter what his performance. If RG3 has done well, or played poorly. He's always assessed the situation in a TEAM PERSPECTIVE. Never once has he said, he's played well or badly. He's always said the TEAM.

So, i'm not sure why anyone is surprised that he still does it. It was okay with everyone when we were winning. Now people are just looking for shots.

Still remember when I couldn't even hear myself think because the whole stadium was chanting RG3 all game.

Now, it's like you want this guy thrown out the stadium. Many QB's have bad seasons. It happens, and it doesn't mean they are bad QB's. Many variables are included in running an offense.

Last edited by Bucket; 11-20-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2013, 03:00 AM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
that's a bit ridiculous. Luck is a proven commodity I wouldn't want to pass on
I don't think I'd pass on Luck, but I'm not sure how he is proven any more than Nick Foles (who has been better than Luck) or Griffin.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
A lot of people blowing what Moss said up. I don't know if ANYONE has realized this, but no matter what his performance. If RG3 has done well, or played poorly. He's always assessed the situation in a TEAM PERSPECTIVE. Never once has he said, he's played well or badly. He's always said the TEAM.

So, i'm not sure why anyone is surprised that he still does it. It was okay with everyone when we were winning. Now people are just looking for shots.

Still remember when I couldn't even hear myself think because the whole stadium was chanting RG3 all game.

Now, it's like you want this guy thrown out the stadium. Many QB's have bad seasons. It happens, and it doesn't mean they are bad QB's. Many variables are included in running an offense.
Actually Griff has come out a number of times this year, and last - and taken blame for a loss or said that he needs to play better. . I dont think i have ever heard any QB say "i played great today". Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #64
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post

Last year rob used to say a lot after games that he took ownership for team losses and even if he made a few bad plays- which he did, he still took ownership.
Year 2- he says the team needs to be better and yada yada when rob has stunk like dogshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't think I'd pass on Luck, but I'm not sure how he is proven any more than Nick Foles (who has been better than Luck) or Griffin.
Luck was solid and nfl ready since college and is working toward being a true professional.
Foles had a so-so college career w/ an upside and his nfl experience this year is producing 10x as much than his rookie year.
Griffin has yet to take the leap from an NCAA mindset and offense style to something that will last in the nfl
Of the 3 mentioned rob is least developed as an nfl QB and Foles is getting close to proving he could be a #1 for a lot of teams soon.
I think that is what the Luck is proven about. Also it helps that Luck was on a team w/ new coaching a d systems and even lost that coach to illness, and still took them to the postseason.
I agree 100% that luck is battle tested moreso than Foles/Rob.
You've never see. Luck on commercials eating up the limelight, beat boxing, meeting with Obama or top celebrities, tweeting fortune cookie mantras, running w recklessly to an ACL, having his pops criticize the team, and certainly not leading a team to a losing record.
Oh hands down Luck is proven. He shuts up and comes to work. Rob is planning his wardrobe a d stuck in the mirror why Luck is growing a neck beard and doing man shit.
I'd trade Robert and the next 3 1st to get luck just to be rid of a diva centered around our failures.
Think about that WP
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

After the Packers game this year Griff said something to the effect of , "put that on me - im not afraid to take the blame for that". "We didnt start fast because of me".
Old 11-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #66
Green Monk Machine

I wouldn't have traded 3 1st to get Robert but to get Luck and to get rid of Robert and the read option, I'd bundle 3 1st and Robert. Maybe then Kyle could have a stellar career or lead us to success b/c rob and RO WILL NOT!!!

Not unless we can have 3-4 Robs per year and dispose of 1-2 after each season ending ACL.
But who wants to bring a cartoon or Madden game to life?
Just cut the nonsense bull-ish out and play NFL football before nfl changes the team name and makes it so soft and PC that women are allowed to play and we lose the sport forever. The window is closing to having any sort of satisfaction of winning a Super Bowl and being proud of what it took to earn it.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #67
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
I wouldn't have traded 3 1st to get Robert but to get Luck and to get rid of Robert and the read option, I'd bundle 3 1st and Robert. Maybe then Kyle could have a stellar career or lead us to success b/c rob and RO WILL NOT!!!

Not unless we can have 3-4 Robs per year and dispose of 1-2 after each season ending ACL.
But who wants to bring a cartoon or Madden game to life?
Just cut the nonsense bull-ish out and play NFL football before nfl changes the team name and makes it so soft and PC that women are allowed to play and we lose the sport forever. The window is closing to having any sort of satisfaction of winning a Super Bowl and being proud of what it took to earn it.
I still maintain the read option is merely a transitioning tool for Robert to get more accumulated to the NFL. It will eventually fade into the playbook as Robert becomes a better passer and becomes better at going through his progressions.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #68
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I still maintain the read option is merely a transitioning tool for Robert to get more accumulated to the NFL. It will eventually fade into the playbook as Robert becomes a better passer and becomes better at going through his progressions.
Sadly we will need know. Kyle may or may not last another year. Either way, the system will change.
Last season was supposed to be IMO the transition year. I mean from Kirks draft day, he has only been acquired for a trade. Long term development for either seems to never have been considered. But that's another worn out one sided winning debate over wreck less QB mgt. this is my nightmare.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #69
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

RG3 is the Franchise QB....if we bring in a coaching staff that he's comfortable with and that will develop him quickly (Art Briles). If not, expect to lose him via trade next year or in FA the following year.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #70
Gary84Clark

It's McNabb all over again. It's not Robert's fault, it is Shanny's fault. Now all of a sudden RG3 turns into McNabb at the end of his career? Only common thread is Sahnny suggesting the QB is not working hard enough or something like that. Shanny needs to man up, Joe Gibbs did.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #71
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I think sophomore slump, major knee surgery with no off season work, a poor oline, and questionable coaching have a hell of alot more to do with his bad season than him wanting to look good for games. Lol. Can we give the kid one more year with all those fixes before we trade him.......my goodness.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Not questioning Luck's professionalism, just saying that he's been about as expected in the league thus far. He's still young and will get better.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #73
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Do You Unequivocally Believe RG3 Is Our Franchise QB?

^ I think Luck has been awesome. Remember that same team went from a horrid season to a playoff team in his first year. They look pretty good this year too. The guy never loses back to back games.
Nick Foles has one of the best running backs in the league, a defense that is quietly become very good, and has played absolutely nobody during his recent "rise to the top". Luck is better than Foles hands down.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #74
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I just think people need to remember that losing brings out the worst in everybody. RGIII isn't immune to that either. You need to remember - RGIII is a young pup and this is probably the first time he's had to face such adversity when it comes to football. He needs to learn how to deal with it - that's the only way he becomes a better player. He has the tools and the brains. Give him time. He is a franchise quarterback.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #75
MTK
\m/

I think this rough season could be a good thing for Griffin in the long run. Everyone needs a reality check sometimes.