Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #61
Skinzman
The Starter

Re: Skins cowboys postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Boarder line, with the oline putting us on the bubble. Defensively I think our front 7 personnel are solid top ten with a great defensive mind coaching them and Brandon Merriweather was a probowler not too long ago and if finally healthy. Offensively, I think our QB, RBs, TEs, WRs all have top ten potential with the right coach on the sidelines. Oline could be better too though maybe just above avg today, but top ten within a year. BA and Shanahan have done a solid job building the roster IMO.
To get Shanny out of here as quick as possible, you went from Pierre is horrible, Morgan is horrible, Aldrick Robinson is horrible, our O-line is horrible, and Shanny doesnt know how to build a team to they are all top 10 but coached bad. Its getting hard to keep track of all of your opinions, other than an oilman friend in Denver says Shanny is a bad coach. Thats one that has remained a constant.

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

This is a fairly insufferable thread, and the only people posting in it agree with me.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #63
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
To get Shanny out of here as quick as possible, you went from Pierre is horrible, Morgan is horrible, Aldrick Robinson is horrible, our O-line is horrible, and Shanny doesnt know how to build a team to they are all top 10 but coached bad. Its getting hard to keep track of all of your opinions, other than an oilman friend in Denver says Shanny is a bad coach. Thats one that has remained a constant.
Peter Boy's contract is horrible. He's paid like a #1 wr and isn't by any stretch of the imagination. Hank and Moss are badly misused and underused. Altogether it's a solid group and could be very similar to the Saints' wr corp for instance, which is top ten.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #64
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Carr totally and completely shutting down Peter Boy is evidence he's not a #1 wr.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #65
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Carr totally and completely shutting down Peter Boy is evidence he's not a #1 wr.
Carr didnt totally shut him down. RG3 could have completed plenty to him tonight but was full of bad throws. Plenty of times, Carr undercut him and challenged RG3 to go over the top, but RG3 couldnt do it. Several times Pierre had a couple of yards on him, thats considered open in the NFL. The 4th quarter alone, he could have had 50-75 yards if RG3 could of gotten him the ball. You cant blame him when the QB had such an off night. You are just to busy listening to people call the game who are in love with the Cowboys claiming that since he didnt have a ton of catches, that he was shut down. You are relying on Collinsworth for your opinion. He is on pace for 100 catches and like 1300 yards for the year, which is comparable to a lot of 1's.

His contract isnt really all that bad. The overall annual salaries may be a bit high, but his guaranteed money is not bad (Approximately 30% guaranteed, some go in the 40's or even as high as 50%). Mike Wallace is a bad contract for a WR. We can get out of his contract next year and end up saving 3 mil against the cap after just 2 years of the 5 year contract.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #66
The Goat
Pro Bowl

It could be his 1st season to break 1000. But I doubt it. He typically has several "quiet" games over the season and loses pace with that 1000+ target.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #67
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
It could be his 1st season to break 1000. But I doubt it. He typically has several "quiet" games over the season and loses pace with that 1000+ target.
So you are judging him by games that havent happened?

In Indy, he was used as an Aldrick Robinson, to threaten the safeties deep except occasionally. Peyton had Reggie Wayne to be his main target, and used TE's and RB's for underneath stuff. Garcons targets with Peyton were pretty low because Peyton likes to get the ball out quick and he rarely ran shorter routes. He got targeted to keep the safeties deep when they cheated up. His quiet games had more to do with how he was targeted.

His best year so far was with Curtis Painter as his QB. He was allowed to run shorter routes due to having a pretty bad QB and got targeted more because of that. His stats were basically the same as Reggie Wayne that year.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #68
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Sean Taylor passing away was a pretty huge thing too, as long as we're citing things that could have been different.
I was telling some friends prior to the game ,what you pointed out . If # 21 were playing FS , our secondary would be much better . We have been snake - bitten at FS and CB the past 6 years. maybe Im wrong ... but I think a pro bowl type OL Men and PB DB and we would be in the playoff picture next year . Adding a D-Lineman and WR would also help . Special teams and OL cost us tonight .
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #69
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Well, I don´t think ST should be in any equasion by now. You could have argued with it for 1, maybe 2 years. But 6 years... sorry, there is too big a chance for injury or even a trade in the NFL to count on him still playing here.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Skins cowboys postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Carr didnt totally shut him down. RG3 could have completed plenty to him tonight but was full of bad throws. Plenty of times, Carr undercut him and challenged RG3 to go over the top, but RG3 couldnt do it. Several times Pierre had a couple of yards on him, thats considered open in the NFL. The 4th quarter alone, he could have had 50-75 yards if RG3 could of gotten him the ball. You cant blame him when the QB had such an off night. You are just to busy listening to people call the game who are in love with the Cowboys claiming that since he didnt have a ton of catches, that he was shut down. You are relying on Collinsworth for your opinion. He is on pace for 100 catches and like 1300 yards for the year, which is comparable to a lot of 1's.

His contract isnt really all that bad. The overall annual salaries may be a bit high, but his guaranteed money is not bad (Approximately 30% guaranteed, some go in the 40's or even as high as 50%). Mike Wallace is a bad contract for a WR. We can get out of his contract next year and end up saving 3 mil against the cap after just 2 years of the 5 year contract.
For the most part Carr absolutely shut him down. Griff threw several balls rite on the money to pierre but carr had him covered like a glove. I dont care who was calling the game.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The bad:

1. O-Line- Everyone on the Oline with the exception of Silverblunt made multiple mistakes. Thought the Oline had there worst game. D Young and Helu also were pretty poor on blocking and blitz pick ups. Chester, Monty and Kory L especially were poor. I cant believe we've made multiple G and T picks and outside of Silver back, all of have busted and cant make the starting line up.

2. Special Teams - is it Burns who Shanny personally hired to run Teams? We know Teams has been worse this season than any other and its falls all on this terrible decision to hire this f*cking piece of shit with no previous coaching experience. Fire this bitch now. He ultimately cost us the game.

3. Griff's ball security that everyone seems to ignore. He fumbles folks, alot

4. Penalties are never gonna get fixed, and thats entirely on Shanny

The good:

1. Defense maybe had their best game of the season. It was ruined by Kyle and the special teams unit

2. Griff threw the ball and ran great. I really though RG3 looked back to normal. I'm starting to believe Kyle cant coach RG3...I just dont think he trust him or handles him well. Its a trust issue imo.

3. Thought Alfmo and Reed looked solid.

4. Im going 5 - 0 in my fantasy leagues this weekend, i really dominated.

He Gets Us
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #72
Sonny9TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Bottom line is we need better QB play. Everyone can bitch and moan about everything but if we had better QB play we're a 500 team. The season is not lost but it's time for Cousins. I've seen enough of RG3's inaccurate passes, his jittery pocket presence, the one read and try and make shit happen. We can not win with this type of offense. What my eyes tell me is RG3 is simply not ready to be a pro QB. And please....no one show me bullshit stats.
RG3 has played poorly. We took a running QB and are trying to make a pocket passer out of him and trading away 3 first round selections to do it. Cousins is a much better fit as a pocket passer. Much better accuracy but he would struggle with this OL as well. Besides LT we could blow up that line and get 4 new ones with no loss what so ever.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #73
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

12 games left and everyone deep down knows there ain't no 7 game run coming this year. But we can get through this together. Sorry Shannys but I'm all out of love.

I'M ALL OUT OF LOVE - AIR SUPPLY - YouTube

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just very disappointing to watch this team this season. I didn't really believe we would be a great team but 9-7 I thought was a sure bet and there is no chance we even win 8 games
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #75
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

We will go on an 8-3 run, finish 9-7, sneak into the playoffs, and make it to the NFC championship game.

Like a constipated logger taking laxatives, we've just been getting the poop out of us before we go to work.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 10-14-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Closed Thread