Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Would you consider trading Orakpo and Trent Williams for picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 AM   #61
skins89moss
Playmaker

Re: Would you consider trading Orakpo and Trent Williams for picks?

This will not even get discussed so answer to this question which is
No to both players.

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #62
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Threads like this are the reason that the skins are the way they are. We need to stand by our players and our coaches. Not everyone is perfect all the time. Talent is grown and cultivated, not chased out of town so to be successful elsewhere.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #63
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I know that, but why would anyone even entertain giving those guys up. Orakpo has been in the league 3 years, made the probowl two of them. Trent williams has shown that he can be a very good tackle for years to come. He has been in the league a total of 2 years. I just dont see the logic in even thinking of getting rid of them for picks, which would set us back another couple of years trying to get someone to fill those spots. They are good players, Orakpo will become a game changer in my opinion. Just seems like no one is happy with keeping things status quo. They are always wanting change. Change coaches, players, DC or OC, and what has that gotten us over the last 12 years.. Absolutely nothing! We need consistancy across the board.
I'm in vacation, when I get back and get to a computer I'll respond in full
Old 12-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #64
SkinItup
Special Teams

Basically, no we should not trader them. They are good players and would start on pretty much any team in the NFL.

With that said, if we can get a 1st round pick and another early round pick for either of them, then maybe it could be an offer we couldnt refuse. I don't think anyone is going to give that much to get either of them.
SkinItup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #65
Landry44

I'm just calling it how I see it. Trent Williams gives up plays against good competition. Almost every game he's played against teams with decent pass rushers he consistently gets beat. Now based on what I've seen Willie Smith has pass protected and run block better than Trent Williams. He's faced Carter, Pierre-Paul, Allen, and Cole. He pretty much handled his business against all of those guys. He has outperformed TW. Also Trent Williams has a weed problem that might cost him a one year suspension. What's really bad is he has only been in the league for a year. He makes a lot of bonehead plays on the field and off. He has yet to put together a dominate performance. You mean to tell me this guy isn't expendable?

I look at Orakpo a lot different than Trent Williams. I think he's a guy with the talent, focus, and desire to be elite. My problem is with him is he's not consistent. You see him have a great game one week and then disappear for weeks. I'm sure y'all remember last year when he started with 7.5 sacks and with 8.5 sacks. The first half of the season he was great. The second half of the season he was non factor. Am I lying? He's not that good against the run or in coverage. In my opinion, he's not the best fit for what we do. This year he's been alright, but not great.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #66
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
I'm just calling it how I see it. Trent Williams gives up plays against good competition. Almost every game he's played against teams with decent pass rushers he consistently gets beat. Now based on what I've seen Willie Smith has pass protected and run block better than Trent Williams. He's faced Carter, Pierre-Paul, Allen, and Cole. He pretty much handled his business against all of those guys. He has outperformed TW. Also Trent Williams has a weed problem that might cost him a one year suspension. What's really bad is he has only been in the league for a year. He makes a lot of bonehead plays on the field and off. He has yet to put together a dominate performance. You mean to tell me this guy isn't expendable?

I look at Orakpo a lot different than Trent Williams. I think he's a guy with the talent, focus, and desire to be elite. My problem is with him is he's not consistent. You see him have a great game one week and then disappear for weeks. I'm sure y'all remember last year when he started with 7.5 sacks and with 8.5 sacks. The first half of the season he was great. The second half of the season he was non factor. Am I lying? He's not that good against the run or in coverage. In my opinion, he's not the best fit for what we do. This year he's been alright, but not great.

Williams could always be converted to right tackle if he really stinks it up. Jamaal Brown is on his last legs, and neither Locklear nor Polumbus are good enough to be a starter.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 01-01-2012 at 08:56 PM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #67
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

NOOOOOOOOOOO id never consider.

this one shoulda been closed.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #68
Shadowbyte
Special Teams

No way would I trade him. One of the few bright spots on our team. Plus, in today's NFL you need 2 elite pass rushers so no need to fix something that isn't broken.
Shadowbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #69
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

I would not consider trading either. Unless the phone rang and another GM was falling over themselves and offering us IMMENSE value (at least a 1st round pick). We need to continue to build our roster and trading away our young talent isn't the way to go. Besides, I highly doubt there would be a huge market for either player for the proper compensation.

I have to agree with the "madden trades" comment made in a previous pos.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

yes everything is on the table.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #71
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Brian Orakpo and Trent Williams are too young. They are nowhere near their primes. They are both worth keeping. No way I'd trade either one of them.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Trent's still very young (and immature). Brian Orakpo will be 26 next season. If 26 isn't "in your prime", it's going to be a pretty short "prime."
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #73
diehard
The Starter

Williams contract is huge. He not worth it.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #74
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;873886]Trent's still very young (and immature). Brian Orakpo will be 26 next season. If 26 isn't "in your prime", it's going to be a pretty short "prime."[/QUOTE]

How old is Harrison the LB with the steelers, IMO Orakpo has lots of great years ahead of him. I say NO to trading either one of them.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #75
SkinzWin
Playmaker

[quote=NYCskinfan82;873902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Trent's still very young (and immature). Brian Orakpo will be 26 next season. If 26 isn't "in your prime", it's going to be a pretty short "prime."[/QUOTE]

How old is Harrison the LB with the steelers, IMO Orakpo has lots of great years ahead of him. I say NO to trading either one of them.
I second and move to strike! ...to close this pointless thread!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote