I say we "Dive for a Top 5"!!!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #61
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: I say we "Dive for a Top 5"!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Wrong. The Pittsburgh Penguins 100% gave up for Lemieux. It's a very known thing in the hockey world that crappy teams get reminded about every year.

The ironic part is that Lemieux was a generational hockey talent, well some argue a better talent than Wayne Gretzky prior to when he suffered cancer.. Is Andrew Luck a generational quarterback talent?
Management(top dogs) certaintly did by deliberately removing the good players from the roster. I'm ok with that.

But I'm talking about the players and coaches. Were the players just plain ass or did they not give any effort? It's not hard to find the scrub hockey players in your system.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #62
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Management just shipped whatever good players left out of town, and I'm ok with that.
Aka....the 2011 Denver Broncos. Send your best WR to the Lions and were shopping Orton, Dumervil (or so rumors suggest). Even through this, the team still plays hard and tries to win each week.

NBA on the other hand, many of those jackasses don't even play 100% regardless where they are in the standings.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #63
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Oh man. Someone just challenged SCP in the hockey world. Here comes an Aurele Joliat reference
Considering I've been in MD my whole life, I certainly won't be claiming expertise over the hockey-mad Canadians in the world.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #64
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Management(top dogs) certaintly did by deliberately removing the good players from the roster. I'm ok with that.

But I'm talking about the players and coaches. Were the players just plain ass or did they not give any effort? It's not hard to find the scrub hockey players in your system.
In the Pens case the players were just plain ass and the coach wasnt much better.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #65
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Try to lose? Never!

Nevertheless, as long as Shanny starts Beck at QB we'll lose most of our remaining games anyway.

We could never suck for Luck the way the Colts are doing it. I mean, week after week they continue to start some guy named Curtis Painter at QB. Painter passed for 42 yards last week. So, finishing last is surely out of the question. But I can see how we could possibly finish the season in the bottom five. That probably won't happen if Shanny comes to his senses and reinstates Rex as the starting QB but, if he sticks with Beck for the rest of the season, it could.

We're unlikely to beat any of Dallas, Jets, Pats, NYG, or Eagles. It won't be easy to win @Miami or @Seattle. Minn at home is no pushover for us, either.

In short, I would much rather win as many games as we can than to finish the season in the bottom five but I think it could happen.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Redskins Redskins.com
WR Niles Paul suffered a turf toe injury, could be out a couple weeks, per Mike Shanahan.

Looks like GusFrerotte kicked Niles Paul in the toe to continue his "Suck for Luck" campaign.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #67
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:

Considering I was a Leafs fan who finished 4th last, I followed it closely. I remember their team was constantly being switched around. 3rd line center played 10 games as the 1st line center while the 4th line center played as the 2nd line center, and so on... They just did everything they could to lose more games than New Jersey who were also unexpectedly terrible. The fans and players didn't complain because they had Lemieux to look forward too.. What did he do the year after he was drafted? Scored 100 points, won rookie of the year, the next year he had 141, and within five years he had back to back stanley cup championships.

You can't exactly say it didn't work for them, or their players went into a "losing mentality".

Quarterbacks are game changers, Andrew Luck can turn a team around.

I love London Fletcher as much as the next guy, he will always be my favorite linebacker... But he's 36 years old and our team sucks, we need a quarterback. You can be our linebacker coach London, but this team won't make the playoffs while you're here.

Last edited by IrMitchell; 11-07-2011 at 05:14 PM.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #68
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
...I love London Fletcher as much as the next guy, he will always be my favorite linebacker... But he's 36 years old and our team sucks, we need a quarterback. You can be our linebacker coach London, but this team won't make the playoffs while you're here.
Fletcher's situation seems likely to play out like Ken Harvey's - the Skins didn't get to the playoffs under Norv until the year after Harvey was done. In hindsight, Shanny would have been much better off keeping Jason Campbell as the caretaker at QB until he found his "franchise" player. You can never convince me that Rex or Beck are better options than Campbell.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #69
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Well I, for one, was pissed we let JC go from the beginning. I do think the McNabb experiment wouldn't have happened with JC here. JC wanted to start.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #70
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Fletcher's situation seems likely to play out like Ken Harvey's - the Skins didn't get to the playoffs under Norv until the year after Harvey was done. In hindsight, Shanny would have been much better off keeping Jason Campbell as the caretaker at QB until he found his "franchise" player. You can never convince me that Rex or Beck are better options than Campbell.
Absolutely, Jason Campbell wasn't in those MVP talks (not that they were completely serious) that one season for nothing. He can make the throws with an offensive line.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #71
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Well I, for one, was pissed we let JC go from the beginning. I do think the McNabb experiment wouldn't have happened with JC here. JC wanted to start.
With JC here the Skins would have 3 crummy QBs instead of 2. I think MS brought in DM thinking he was still enough of a big time QB to overcome the little amount of talent they had on O last year. Obviously it didnt work.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #72
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
With JC here the Skins would have 3 crummy QBs instead of 2. I think MS brought in DM thinking he was still enough of a big time QB to overcome the little amount of talent they had on O last year. Obviously it didnt work.
Well if we had 3 crummy QBs last year (I'm assuming JC, Rex, and Beck) we would have still kept our second rounder and gotten a solid player from the draft given MS/BA's track record.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #73
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Lmao!! Top five we're guaranteed a top 3.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #74
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

We will have to agree to disagree because I have always thought JC was decent/good. Much better than any option we had at the time (McNabb included) or we do now.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #75
itvnetop
Playmaker

Dark pleas for Barkley(s)?

Check the stats, son!

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote