Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Hopefully all this chaos will come to an end soon, now that Bruce Allen is in charge and is better at controlling chaos than Vinny ever was. I don't know what Zorn was trying to prove by sending AH home. I mean it's not like he's the first person to ever show up late to practice. It has me wondering if the mandate actually came down from Bruce Allen as "we're not playing favorites anymore and we're going to start holding people accountable Jim. So if someone is late, you send them home."

Though I think the bigger issue was that Haynesworth reportedly tried to get many of the players to arrive late together in protest.

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #62
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I don't particularly care for the scheme, but Haynesworth needs to keep his criticisms in house. I don't like it when Portis mouths off to the press and I don't like it when Haynesworth does it either. What good does it do to talk to the press about the fact that you think that your coaches (i.e., your bosses) suck? I recognize that Haynesworth can be a dominant player, but this is precisely why I had serious reservations about the team pursuing him in free agency. Keep your trap shut Albert.
Albert has become image conscious. He has heard the rumblings about him not playing all the plays, not worth his contract and other things he considers not to be true.

His speaking out (though I don't neccessarily agree with his method) is his way of trying to make people understand, hey!! I'm everything you thought you were getting if I weren't being held back. With a different approach to how the defense is played we will inturn see a different payer. I find it disturbing for a coach to tell a player to get ot of my face, go sit down and shut up because he offers suggestions about how he as a player can help make the defense better.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #63
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hopefully all this chaos will come to an end soon, now that Bruce Allen is in charge and is better at controlling chaos than Vinny ever was. I don't know what Zorn was trying to prove by sending AH home. I mean it's not like he's the first person to ever show up late to practice. It has me wondering if the mandate actually came down from Bruce Allen as "we're not playing favorites anymore and we're going to start holding people accountable Jim. So if someone is late, you send them home."

Though I think the bigger issue was that Haynesworth reportedly tried to get many of the players to arrive late together in protest.
Albert was the ringleader of a conspiracy......Shame.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What the hell is Phat Albert thinking? Thats pretty piss poor if he tried this crap...like to hear what London Fletcher, Cooley, JC and others have to say about this garbage...not really want I want to hear from our team going into a primetime game with the cowturds....way to be getting ready...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #65
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Sorry GTRIPP but the best qb in the east is Mcnabb, Manning is slightly better than Romo just because Tony is at times very inconsistent. Also I just ran by this report Haynesworth tried to get teammates to come late to practice | ProFootballTalk.com
McNabb's got to be a cut below in most books. One week he'll be worse than Campbell, and the next week he'll be better, but he always compiles a better season than Jason at the end.

My point is: they're closer than McNabb and Eli are.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I wonder what Red Bar thinks of all this?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #67
redsk1
The Starter

I mentioned the other day before all of this, that i want AH to be Mr. Redskin. If it's not going good he needs to be part of the solution. By mouthing off like this, it ain't helping. It's ok to feel this way but to talk to the media about it, i'm not sure it's the best thing in the world. It's like he's taking up for himself personally not having a great stat year. Who cares, us fans know what he brings to the table.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #68
Longtimefan
Playmaker

If Haynesworth does not play tomorrow night he will have missed both Dallas games. I don't want to think Andre Gurode has anything to do with it. Could he be systematically avoiding the Cowboys?
Old 12-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #69
Bigreds77
Special Teams

If Gray gets the axe I wonder what HC would want him? He went against the HC & sold out the Rooney rule also.
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #70
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

Wow Zorn is really being a little bitch now. I cant wait for the season to be over and see where the team is headed this offseason.
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #71
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You know Carlos Rogers has taken a lot of heat around here, and deservedly so, but you can almost sense he's been biting his tongue for a while now. Again, Rogers has been horrible but I think if had the opportunity to be completely candid, I think he'd place some of the blame on his coaches.
Because his coaches gave him those stone hands he's been sportin'...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #72
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Really? Guess I missed that report, where did you hear that? Is this mutiny against the coaches because the players really aren't buying into the shit anymore, or what?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #73
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
If Haynesworth does not play tomorrow night he will have missed both Dallas games. I don't want to think Andre Gurode has anything to do with it. Could he be systematically avoiding the Cowboys?
I could see Gurode avoiding AH moreso than the other way around. I think he'll play.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #74
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I could see Gurode avoiding AH moreso than the other way around. I think he'll play.
Jason Reid has reported that he is indeed going to play and start.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #75
Pocket$ $traight

He probably should keep it in house but one thing I like about Al is he doesn't seem to back down from anyone. He truly seems concerned about his legacy as a player and he feels that he was misled by those who brought him here.

Good for him for calling out the coaches. Why hasn't there been a fistfight over Randal-Fail being allowed to catch punts? Why the hell is the stretch play still in our playbook?

As bad as the players have played, the coaching has been worse. Much worse.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote