Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Osi Done For The Year

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #61
hesscl34

Re: Osi Done For The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan View Post
and WHAT do u mean by that? u want me to say i hope Santana Moss or Jason Campbell goes down???
u classless idiot!
Dude, seriously... come on. You are posting on a Skins' fan site. People are going to say things you don't like. I'm sure no one wants Homo to get seriously injured.. but a few bruises (enough to keep him out a few games) would be nice.

hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #62
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Wow! Maybe Strahan will come out of retirement now.
I was thinking the same thing, and today there's word that he may be open to coming back, for a price of course. A cool $8M.

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #63
Miller101
Special Teams

I'm just glad the Giants have to deal with this. Normally, its always us that loses our star players.
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, and today there's word that he may be open to coming back, for a price of course. A cool $8M.

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists
Why would they need him? If I remember correctly, when Daniels and Buzbee went down and we traded for Taylor there were a few (at least one person for sure) people here who talked about how come we didn't plan for things as well as the Giants had by stockpiling defensive line talent over the past several years. It seems to me that the Giants should have no worries about plugging in a backup to start, and then just picking someone up off the street to replace the backup.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #65
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

All this really means is... Jansen and Samuels are going to get beat for sacks by some no-name, rather than Osi or Strahan.

For real tho, how does Samuels keep going to the pro-bowl when he constantly gets manhandled by the speed rush?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #66
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
All this really means is... Jansen and Samuels are going to get beat for sacks by some no-name, rather than Osi or Strahan.

For real tho, how does Samuels keep going to the pro-bowl when he constantly gets manhandled by the speed rush?
What are you smoking? Samuels doens't get manhandled by anything. Against Carolina was one of the rare times where he got romped but he consistently shuts down both speed rushers and bull rushes.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #67
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
What are you smoking? Samuels doens't get manhandled by anything. Against Carolina was one of the rare times where he got romped but he consistently shuts down both speed rushers and bull rushes.

Anytime there is a speed rusher C. Samuels has a problem. ie Peppers, Simeon Rice
Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #68
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

I think it's the NYC papers fueling that. Strahan has made no inclination that he'd even be interested in coming back. He went as far as to reiterate "I'm really done." when all the Favre stuff was going on. He'd have nothing to come back for, they won the SB, he's already a Hall of Famer.. I can't see it.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #69
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I think it's the NYC papers fueling that. Strahan has made no inclination that he'd even be interested in coming back. He went as far as to reiterate "I'm really done." when all the Favre stuff was going on. He'd have nothing to come back for, they won the SB, he's already a Hall of Famer.. I can't see it.

I bet he has several million reasons to come back for one last payday. Plus didnt his ex wife just take half of his S?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #70
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why would they need him? If I remember correctly, when Daniels and Buzbee went down and we traded for Taylor there were a few (at least one person for sure) people here who talked about how come we didn't plan for things as well as the Giants had by stockpiling defensive line talent over the past several years. It seems to me that the Giants should have no worries about plugging in a backup to start, and then just picking someone up off the street to replace the backup.
This is just another passive aggressive attempt to cover your man-crush on Jason Taylor and other elderly Skins linemen who haven't gotten the job done. <sigh> Will you never learn. Skins Front Office = Bad. Every other Front Office (except Cincinatti) = Good.

Seriously though, Smoot's right. Osi's injury just goes to show that teams simply can't plan for every contingency and get starter depth at every position. It's a trade off. I am betting our RB and CB depth are the envy of more than a few teams. This sucks for the Giants. They may have the depth to cover but losing Osi and Strahan is simply something you can't plan for.

Sorta like us losing our starting right tackle and starting guard <cough, cough>.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Well, according to a source close to him he would consider it for the right price. Of course he's staying quiet on it right now, but you would have to believe he would at least entertain an offer.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #72
Skinz4life
Camp Scrub

Good news for the Skins tackles, by the way I thought I remember hearing that the Giants were interested in acquiring Taylor before the skins got him and that was one of the reasons everything moved so fast. It makes me glad that our serious injuries happened early rather than later.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #73
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Do you really want him back? And what do you have after you pay the 8+ Mill. According to ESPN, he has not been working out..................so he's out of shape, and certainly NOT in football shape.
How long does it take get in shape and contribute?

.....Last year, he blew off most of camp, and was fine. BUT, he was working out on his own. This year he has apparently NOT been working out on his own.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #74
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
I bet he has several million reasons to come back for one last payday. Plus didnt his ex wife just take half of his S?
Yeah, I think she made out pretty well. But still, he retired anyway, and I'm sure that Fox is not going to pay him minimum wage for the deal it made with him. Granted, it's not the $8 million that they Giants are allegedly offering (for one season), but he's not so hurting that he can't just get up and go to Greece for a vacation (which is what he is doing right now, right?).
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #75
onlydarksets
Playmaker

DELETED: nevermind - I didn't realize there was a page 2 on this thread.