Hey, the sun did rise this morning!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #61
vaoutlaws2006
Impact Rookie

Re: Hey, the sun did rise this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Let me inform you since you dont understand. First I am talking about Reed doughty. Second I never said Landry wouldn't be bad because I knew he would be out. If you didn't realize this Vaoutlaws2006 it takes 2 safties to have a great secondary. ie Sean Taylor Laron Landry last year.
So I have 2 words for you DOESN'T MATTER !!
got one word for you MORON! had you referred to who you were talking about i would have understood but you left that part out.

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #62
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
I really think that after J. Taylor went down, all the other starter just went into self protection mode. Just don't get hurt, this game is basically just a practice.
That's exactly what my thought was. I was at the game and most of the fans (myself included) and players were watching Jason Taylor instead of the game when Carolina scored (BTW, I thought they were getting rid of the stupid roar after TD's! It's the dumbest thing in a professional sports arena!). From that point on the defensive players went to two-hand touch trying to keep from making contact and getting hurt in a preseason game.
That being said, the offense was offensive. I'm not sure if they were confused, out hustled or just sucked.
I also think it irritated the Panters players to see their stadium with 40% of the fans for the opposition.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #63
Lady Brave
The Starter

It was definately much more painful to watch live.

VAO2006... by the time I sent you that text, I was laughing. I couldn't help it. I'm not ready to call for anyone's head yet. It'll take a few games into the regular season before I really get concerned. When you've been a fan for 26 years, nothing really surprises me anymore. That's one of the reasons I never make predictions about anything concerning this team.

For those who were there, how was your walk out of the stadium? Mine wasn't too bad. Just a few jeers. I think it's mainly because Panther fans are just lazy.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #64
bertoskins2
Special Teams

bring back arrington
bertoskins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #65
vaoutlaws2006
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
It was definately much more painful to watch live.

VAO2006... by the time I sent you that text, I was laughing. I couldn't help it. I'm not ready to call for anyone's head yet. It'll take a few games into the regular season before I really get concerned. When you've been a fan for 26 years, nothing really surprises me anymore. That's one of the reasons I never make predictions about anything concerning this team.

For those who were there, how was your walk out of the stadium? Mine wasn't too bad. Just a few jeers. I think it's mainly because Panther fans are just lazy.
when fox challenged the spot when it was 44-3 i almost got into it with some panther fans....but the ultimate jeer was when i left and the usher just outside the north elevator said....dont you think its time to take that redskin hat off...i said i ll take it off after you get done sucking my you know what....lol!!!!! sorry i missed you at picasso's
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
Well, they didn't show it on TV but supposedly Jim Zorn's head nearly exploded after that third sack on Campbell and he gave Bugel and earful...
Well, that'd be a shame considering all that Bugel has done for this team and what he's gone through this past week. Maybe he was just yelling in Bugel's direction, and not at Bugel.

Without Bugel really into it the last couple of weeks, you can clearly see that the offensive line seems totally lost. Which to an extent is understandable because Bugel is like a father figure to them. To another extent it's inexcusable when you consider that the two senior members of the team are the anchors of our offensive line-Samuels and Jansen-and they should have taken it upon themselves to take charge of that line on and off the field.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #67
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaoutlaws2006 View Post
got one word for you MORON! had you referred to who you were talking about i would have understood but you left that part out.
alright come on that really wasn't necessary
Old 08-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #68
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, that'd be a shame considering all that Bugel has done for this team and what he's gone through this past week. Maybe he was just yelling in Bugel's direction, and not at Bugel.

Without Bugel really into it the last couple of weeks, you can clearly see that the offensive line seems totally lost. Which to an extent is understandable because Bugel is like a father figure to them. To another extent it's inexcusable when you consider that the two senior members of the team are the anchors of our offensive line-Samuels and Jansen-and they should have taken it upon themselves to take charge of that line on and off the field.
I'm starting to think that Jansen simply can't play anymore. I think he's done.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #69
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm starting to think that Jansen simply can't play anymore. I think he's done.
Week one of the preseason, the HOF game, I thought "Ok, this is a veteran coming off of major surgery playing in a minor game. Let's not worry about his lackluster performance." As the weeks have passed though, it is a bit more disconcerting.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #70
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I've been avoiding the sports news all day because I went out of town and had the game taped today,just finished watching it,WOW!!,what a shocker
I'm trying not to get too upset about it,tgip.The thing most concerning to me was off and def line play,just terrible.Nobody really looked like they came to play,even Rock on the kickoff returns looked like he was playing not to get hurt,he looked very slow,not trying to hit the holes.Hard to judge Jc with no protection.The def needs Landry back quick.Even though we beat the jets Favre pretty much did whatever he wanted against us,defense has got to step it up.I'm going to try and go the pos route and hope this is a wakeup call.I seem to recall the first yr of Spurriers preseason team of us just rolling over people,I thought we were going to be really good,we know how that turned out.Sometimes preseason is an indicator of how good your going to be,sometimes its not,right now we just dont know.I think were looking at 8-8 realistically,if some breaks go our way 10-6.The off line already looks terrible,if we suffer any major injuries along it I think we'll be lucky to be .500
Old 08-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #71
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Huh.

I only saw bits and pieces of the game, but I saw enough of it (and read enough analysis about it the last 24 hours) to know our lines on both side of the ball aren't playing anywhere near pro football caliber. I'm surprised about the d-line and really can't think of anything to say there... but holy shit this situation w/ the o-line has become a travesty. I can't believe it's not the main topic on the board right now. Jansen's continued presence on the field (even on the sideline) seems almost conspiratorial. I don't think there is another team out there that would even give him the league min. Why am I picking specifically on JJ? I have faith that the other guys on the o-line can at least play at an avg level and give us a friggin shot (three of them played well through most of last year and no way can talent drop off so quickly). But for the love of all that is decent Jansen has looked like shit every time he's taken the field for two seasons now (at least when the frail man has been able to take the field). He's a guy who's been outspoken about never taking care of himself, and his performance clearly proves it.

In fact, I'm just shocked at this point that JC will actually take the field w/ Jansen in the line-up. I feel bad enough for the poor kid getting f'd damn near every season w/ a new offensive scheme to learn but the same smallish receivers that have not consistently delivered, but now he's got to sit back there knowing at least one side of the line is going to collapse during every series. This is not how a franchise produces an elite QB.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #72
vaoutlaws2006
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
alright come on that really wasn't necessary

no i guess it wasnt....my apologies.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #73
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
In my opinion campbell has always locked on to his primary receiver and not shown the ability or confidence to read defenses and check down to another receiver before his 2.9 seconds are up. this being said campbell has great pocket presence and will get better. thats one of the reasons we brought zorn on board.

i dont have to "hope" its preseason, it WAS a preseason game lol! (i know what you meant thoo, just couldnt resist)

go skins!!

we will be an 8-8 team give or take a game (and a suisham kick) and will yet again need to go on a run in the end to push into the playoffs. our D dictates our success and we have pretty much the same squad as last year.
Do you really believe JC has great pocket presence. I think thats one of his biggest problems. Its like he is never aware that a sack is coming or that he needs to move out of the pocket to buy time and just stands there until he gets hit. Thats one of the reasons he fumbles so many times while just standing in the pocket.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #74
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
No that's not good because that means we might actually keep him and see him shanking punts all over the place again this year...lol
Frost has shanked some punts in the past but I feel he has improved each year and he has hit some nice punts this year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #75
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Do you really believe JC has great pocket presence. I think thats one of his biggest problems. Its like he is never aware that a sack is coming or that he needs to move out of the pocket to buy time and just stands there until he gets hit. Thats one of the reasons he fumbles so many times while just standing in the pocket.
Yep, yep... and yep! ...
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote