Wizards’ Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Other Sports

Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #61
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Wizards’ Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
In fairness didn't something very similar happen with Agent Zero last year (against the Warriors I think)
It actually wasn't LeBron who got fouled. He dumped it off to Devin Brown who was apparently fouled as time expired. There was no foul called though. After they reviewed the play (??? didn't know fouls were review-able) they decided Brown was in fact fouled, brought the Sixers back out of their home locker room and gave the dude two free throws. Ridiculous.

Yeah something similar happened with Gil last year but it was in March and not with home court on the line. Even though it wasn't James who got "fouled" tonight, overall the way LeBron is officiated is absurd. You'd think he was already Jordan.

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2008, 01:13 AM   #62
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Well several years ago in the playoffs Wade was reffed like that. It was so annoying I had to stop watching the playoffs because it is just sickening.

Two main points. Currently NBA refs suck. College refs are horrendous but NBA refs are not good by any means. And secondly, nowadays refs are told to call more touch fouls, people want higher scoring games. Just like in the NFL when they changed rules to make PI calls easier for higher scoring. They do it in all leagues, NBA, NhL, NFL, MLB(more of ignoring steroids for breaking records and high hrs), soccer(fifa changed rules to make it easier to get carded and they changed the official ball to make it move more irregularly making it harder for keepers), etc. etc.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #63
SeanTaylor21
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
What the F? Are the refs f'n serious? They handed the Cavs the game against the '6ers. I'm feeling pretty pissed off right now, I was sitting here thinking the Cavs lost 89-90 and then I get on NBA.com and it says they won 91-90. So I'm thinking there must be some mistake or something, so I watch the highlights on Comcast Sportsnet and they said that someone called a foul with like .2 of a second left on the clock and the dude sank them both to give the Cavs the win. What kind of m.f.ing bullshit is that? The game was f'n over. The refs literally just took the opportunity for home-court advantage away from the Wizards. This just pisses me off.
It shouldn't have happened, it was a bull shit foul, and if it weren't called we might have had home field advantage going into the playoffs, maybe Stern will make them replay there game like that one game that the Heat had to.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #64
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
What the F? Are the refs f'n serious? They handed the Cavs the game against the '6ers. I'm feeling pretty pissed off right now, I was sitting here thinking the Cavs lost 89-90 and then I get on NBA.com and it says they won 91-90. So I'm thinking there must be some mistake or something, so I watch the highlights on Comcast Sportsnet and they said that someone called a foul with like .2 of a second left on the clock and the dude sank them both to give the Cavs the win. What kind of m.f.ing bullshit is that? The game was f'n over. The refs literally just took the opportunity for home-court advantage away from the Wizards. This just pisses me off.
I understand that fans are often blind, and passion sometimes overlooks reality, but you need to look at this again.
1- he was CLEARLY fouled with that guy falling into his stomach / chest altering the shot. (on purpose? Who knows, but none the less 100% a foul.)
2- the ref clearly put his arm up BEFORE time expired, and just to be on the safe side, they reviewed it and made the right call.
3- it's really not that big of a deal because you'd face the Cavs regardless. Sure it would give you 1 more game at home, but are you willing to overlook what actually happened to get what you want? If it were me, I'd rather do it correctly. To make matters worse, they would still be 1 game ahead of you with 1 to play even if the refs ignored that foul.
4- You should be more concerned with the shit talking the wizards are doing about the Cavs. Why say anything at all? All you're doing is going to get them inspired to beat you. You better be 100% on your game or you will lose to them due to this crap.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #65
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
It shouldn't have happened, it was a bull shit foul, and if it weren't called we might have had home field advantage going into the playoffs, maybe Stern will make them replay there game like that one game that the Heat had to.
Please explain how it was "bull shit", cause it was clearly a foul.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #66
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Please explain how it was "bull shit", cause it was clearly a foul.
Yeah but since when can you review a play and call a foul after the fact?? There was no whistle on the actual play itself. It was a total joke. And it is a big deal. Home court is important.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #67
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah but since when can you review a play and call a foul after the fact?? There was no whistle on the actual play itself. It was a total joke. And it is a big deal. Home court is important.
I agree with GMScud. Home court is a pretty big deal when it comes down to the final two games of the season. And even though it's not a big deal to you Jsarno, it is to us fans of a team that has been eliminated from the playoffs by these guys the last two years. We haven't been good on their court the last two years and if things were on our court we'd probably have a better chance of a better outcome. And part of my rant was definitely spur of the moment, letting my emotions get the best of me, sort of thing.

I'm gonna drop this now because in the end we still have to play the Cavs in the first round, but I just don't like to see games end like that. I've seen that exact thing happen in other games in like the first, second or third quarter and the refs don't call a foul because they just want to let them play the game, but I don't like to see it called with .2 of a second left on the clock in the fourth quarter of an extremely close game. Because in essence the refs are basically handing whatever team that gets the call the win, knowing that the other team can't do anything about it.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #68
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I do understand that home field is important. Both you and the Cavs have a similar subpar road record, and a similar better than average home record.
That being said, you can clearly see the ref putting his arm up signifying a foul before the time expired. Which is why it was reviewed. Had he not put his arm up, there would be no foul and the game would be over.
Sorry guys, it was a legit call. I know that isn't what you want to hear...but hey, get pissed and take it out on the Cavs. Good luck in your series.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #69
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I really think Boston is overrated and won't make it far in the playoffs. The Wizards on the other hand, they are going to shock some folks. Watch.
I figured no one would call you on this comment, so I will.
I watched...and I was right.

quoted by jsarno:
Quote:
It won't matter cause Washington and Boston won't meet. We are the elite, and you are the posers. You won't beat Cleveland first round (assuming that is who you will face).
I also said:
Quote:
It seems that Boston has difficulty with athletic teams, but given the chance to face them in a 7 game series, the Celts would prepare better for it. But again, it's all moot cause you will be dismissed far before you'll have to face the best team in basketball in a series.
Atlanta was pretty athletic, and for some reason we couldn't beat them on the road. We completely dominated them at home though.
game 1- 104-81 (23 point difference)
game 2- 96-77 (19 point difference)
game 5- 110-85 (25 point difference)
game 7- 99-65 (34 point difference)
The celts lost by 9 / 5 / and 3 in the 3 losses.
I am very concerned about the fact that Atlanta gave us a good run, but Cleveland isn't as athletic as Atlanta.

The Wizards had a decent team this year, but they need better role players, and they need to take better shots. They also need to stop talking so much until AFTER they do something. Their mouths just bought them a 3rd straight defeat.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I figured no one would call you on this comment, so I will.
I watched...and I was right.

quoted by jsarno:

I also said:

Atlanta was pretty athletic, and for some reason we couldn't beat them on the road. We completely dominated them at home though.
game 1- 104-81 (23 point difference)
game 2- 96-77 (19 point difference)
game 5- 110-85 (25 point difference)
game 7- 99-65 (34 point difference)
The celts lost by 9 / 5 / and 3 in the 3 losses.
I am very concerned about the fact that Atlanta gave us a good run, but Cleveland isn't as athletic as Atlanta.

The Wizards had a decent team this year, but they need better role players, and they need to take better shots. They also need to stop talking so much until AFTER they do something. Their mouths just bought them a 3rd straight defeat.
We'll see how the series goes with the Cleveland Lebrons. Pretty soon you'll be upset about how many calls Lebron gets as well
Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #71
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
We'll see how the series goes with the Cleveland Lebrons. Pretty soon you'll be upset about how many calls Lebron gets as well
LOL...you might be right...we'll have to wait and see.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #72
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I really think Boston is overrated and won't make it far in the playoffs. The Wizards on the other hand, they are going to shock some folks. Watch.
WOW!
Your first point was that Boston won't make it far in the playoffs. They won it all.
Your second point is that the Wizards are going to shock some folks, suggesting they will go far in the playoffs. They lost first round.

Please state for the record that Dallas will win it all and the Skins have no chance.
I'm tired of the Skins losing and you appear to the opposite of right.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #73
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Even with Gilbert back, the Wizards still have to make some more changes to improve over last year's record.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #74
That Guy
Living Legend

zombie thread!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote