Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Baltimore Cop vs kid

Parking Lot

Old 02-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #61
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Re: Baltimore Cop vs kid

That dude has definitely had one banana too many shoved up his tailpipe. I really don't expect much better from a probable Ravens fan. You know, come to think of it, he seems very relaxed for an Orioles fan.

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #62
FRPLG
MVP

ProFootballTalk.com - Moats Hassled By Cop Outside Hospital Where Family Member Was Dying

Another example of how cops are usually just ape-like turds running on power trips. Yay for law enforcement! This is why everyone loves you guys some much.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #63
jdlea
Playmaker

I'm pretty sure that cop's from Dundalk
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #64
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
ProFootballTalk.com - Moats Hassled By Cop Outside Hospital Where Family Member Was Dying

Another example of how cops are usually just ape-like turds running on power trips. Yay for law enforcement! This is why everyone loves you guys some much.
Either a power trip or racism, or both.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #65
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Ought to lose his job, that simple, at the point they pulled into the hospital grounds, his attitude should have changed from protection to assisting. If he doesn't understand what it means to protect and serve then he ought not be entrusted with the job regardless of motivation.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #66
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

he may be wrapped a little tight to "serve and protect"?????
I think the public may be better served and protected by the incarceration of officer Riviere'.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Either a power trip or racism, or both.
I have to agree with you on this one. I can see why he pulled him over and I can see why when people jumped out he pulled his gun (remember a cop has to treat everyone as a threat). At some point he sould have realized that they where telling the truth and let them go. Heck, if he followed them into the hospital just to check that would have been fine.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #68
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post

Seriously. Way too many of them come off like meathead bullies. I mean, they're pulled over in a hospital parking lot with their hazards on, and Moats' wife is crying that her mother is about to die. What the hell does he think is going on? This cop deserves a kick in the nuts and a lengthy, unpaid suspension.

“If you want to keep this going, I’ll just put you in handcuffs, and I’ll take you to jail for running a red light. . . . Understand what I can do. I can tow your truck. I can charge you with fleeing. I can make your night very difficult.”

What a douchebag power trip.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I have to agree with you on this one. I can see why he pulled him over and I can see why when people jumped out he pulled his gun (remember a cop has to treat everyone as a threat). At some point he sould have realized that they where telling the truth and let them go. Heck, if he followed them into the hospital just to check that would have been fine.
The problem is that they stopped at the Hospital ER. At the point where he entered the Hospital parking lot his mind should have realized, "hey maybe they have an emergency"
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #70
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Wow...simply wow...what are kids these days being taught?

Sure he had no right to get physical, but you think the answer would be "start swinging". Damn...I am getting scared as to the direction of this country.
Please tell me there are SANE people out there???
Since this thread has been bumped anyways I'd like to share that the direction of the country went wrong before this when cops went from "serve and protect" to "patrol and control"

I have friends that are in law enforcement as well.. from a county sheriff, to several beat cops, sergeants, etc.. all of them are nice as well, well all but one, he's a complete dickhead (I guess he's not really a friend)

The 7 cops you know and bbq with are your friends, of course they're nice to you, you haven't seen every ride they've been on.. and maybe they're like that out in the field too.. but there are more than 7 LEO's in this country

It's a stressful job but if you can't put up with it, then quit.. any other job where you do something like this you're out, a cop should have to find his own way after something like that as well

Who is a cop to tell me whether to sit down or remain standing so that he can yell at me? That's ridiculous... and he had no reason to even touch the kid.. if the kid did so much as put his hand to the guy to back him away it's "assault"

What happened to police not being above the law? What an apologist you are.. it's this complacency with the steady decline we have in giving up our freedoms and even comfort that's an issue with this nation, not some kid saying dude
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #71
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
that's completely ignorant. Ive been arrested and had my life threatened by police who had a grudge against me for sleeping with a married cop's girlfriend. I've been arrested and assaulted for not having a vin plate on a truck i bought. I didn't remove it, and the charge was thrown out. As it turns out that cop (in a different state than the aforementioned, mind you) was called over because he was dating our neighbor who was a hooter's waitress that we had thrown out of a party for acting like a complete cunt the week before. It took him over 2 hours of detaining me with no reason (his original claim was that my truck had no vaild inspection sticker, which was true, but since it wasn't on a public road I wasn't in violation) to finally find something to charge me with.

cops are people of various character, just like in any other walk of life, no matter who they beat or who they barbeque with. some are attracted to the job to truly help people and that's great. some like to carry guns and sticks and feel empowered. the people who are drawn to that aspect of the job should be weeded out, but then who else are we gonna get to deal with the crack heads, and murderers and rapists... petty theives and arsonists, etc....
I got slammed to the pavement as an 18 year old for minor in possession of alcohol.. this is after I came out of the car with my hands on it, after a patdown and no resistance

either way I don't hold that against every police officer as I've probably had more nice officers than dickheads.. it's the cops that think because someone isn't apologizing and crying that decide that they need to escalate the situation that are the issue... if they can talk with disrespect so can I, luckily I don't have to do that often at all.. mostly the young cocky guys

my roommates got busted for pot a couple months back and there was some young guy trying to crack jokes and being extremely accusatory and rude, I came home in the middle of it and it was absolutely disgusting.. I spoke with one of the quiet respectful officers and mr 25 year old tactical unit was removed from the residence

not to take up for my roommates, they're the reason that I'm moving out
Old 03-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #72
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
oh and my basis for calling that statement ignorant is that the people who are arrested have first hand knowledge of the situation. I'd venture that false arrests make up much more than 1% of all arrests and I fail to read any laws saying I cannot "use my mouth" when I'm being forcefully detained without explanation.

I find it peculiar coming from you, a person who believes so strongly in the 2nd amendment, since that amendment was based on the notion that the govt shouldn't be able to completely overpower the population, as that is the first step down a road that leads away from democracy.
it's funny how they won't give up their guns but they'll gladly give up the 4th amendment among others..
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #73
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

I don't know about this one. No, I'm no friend of the police but that kid was a little punk who doesn't know the game. He does need his a** beaten. If he's going to break the law then he needs to learn what to say to the fuzz, yes, no, F you take me to jail.

That fat cop would've just given them a warning if that one kid hadn't called him "dude". You could see he just wanted to get in his cart and roll off for coffee and donuts. Hey dork, he's a cop not your f'ing friend!

Think that cop is bad, get thrown in Pamunkey Regional or the lovely Parham Hotel. They make that cop look like strawberry short cake.

Heads or tales, dorky skater punk or punk in a dorky cart? I'll bet that cop would've had a different tone with someone who could beat his a**.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #74
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
That dude has definitely had one banana too many shoved up his tailpipe. I really don't expect much better from a probable Ravens fan. You know, come to think of it, he seems very relaxed for an Orioles fan.
What's wrong with being an O's fan? There are many of us that are not from B-More. The Nats did not exist when several of us were growing up. In fact at every Skins game you can hear the "O's" chant during the National Anthem...come to think of it that does drive me nuts. Not all O's fans are bad though. Cut us some slack, but I concur that Ravens fans are bad, they are almost as bad as Philly fans.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #75
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

That Moats situation was just awful. I understand the officer has a job to do, and I can understand pulling a gun out after a chase (albeit short one), but as soon as his wife told the reason for the situation, the dude should've reassessed the situation and realized he should help them. I've had good encounters with cops and bad ones as well, and you kinda gotta look at both sides of the equation, but everybody can tell the cop was wrong on that one. Personally I feel bad for Ryan Moats and his father in law, they missed a chance to say goodbye to his mother in law during her last moments, and nothing said or done will ever take away from that.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote