I guess Romo's contract extension

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #61
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: I guess Romo's contract extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
No it doesn't diminish the fact he drove the team down the field for the game winning FG. Yes, he stats are horrendous and he played badly, but that does not diminish it, who won the game? How was the FG possible?
The Cowboys won the game despite Romo trying to throw it away. So he finally put it together for 1 full drive and about 30 yards in another drive. That's not impressive to me when you're playing the worst defense in the league. You should have blew them away. You didn't. Fact is, i Kolb didn't hit that clutch winner, OR do a perfect onside kick, you'd be pissed at Romo. Romo didn't win the game, Kolb did.

Quote:
That is not true, Leaf was a QB, Joey Harrington is a QB, do they have "Moxy"? Far from it.
You act as if he's the first guy to do it. Maybe I should have been clearer, active QB's have it. You don't have to look beyond our team to see someone who did it...twice in a season and twice in one game actually. That's right, Mr. Brunell vs the Cowboys in 05 with two bombs to Moss. I don't recall him being anything special, but I guess he possesses this moxie you speak off.

Quote:
You are right, there is a lot of hype and media praise surrounding Romo now, but when you say Campbell is a better QB is just beyond me. Neither has won a super bowl or any major victory. That is more of an opinion that a fact.
You make a valid point. It is more opinion. It won't be after we win the super bowl this year, but right now, it is opinion.

Quote:
Randel El, Lloyd, Portis, Betts are "a bag of nutts and misfits"?
Randle El was gone before half time with an injury. Lloyd (1 catch all season, and was in that game), Caldwell (signed after week 2), McCardell (signed 6 days before the game) and Thrash (normally a special teamer) were all asked to be our WR's. If you don't think throwing them together at the last minute is a bag of nutts and misfits, then what qualifies? You go sign two waiver players and let them be your #1 and #2, or #2 and #3 and see what you are saying.

Quote:
Just like the Dallas game against the Bills, it was the D that came up big for Washington and not allowing the so called "high octane offense" score. The two games before the Lions game, Campbell did not do any thing impressive, he did what a normal QB is supposed to do. I am not saying he was bad, but nothing that would make you go "WOW". That is what the media wants and that is why they like Romo. I am sure you saw the ball over the head scrabmle and that is what the media wants to see.
I disagree with you. Campbell throws a VERY good deep ball, and it does make people say WOW. He's been doing it all season.
Campbell goes about his business and is quiet and respectful. Romo likes the spotlight. Gibbs knows how to control his players and keep them grounded. Only Riggins is a guy I can remember that was "high profile" for the Skins, because Gibbs likes quiet leaders. Romo seems like a good guy, but he's got a long way to fall if he fails now. These kids don't need that added pressure. You will NEVER catch Campbell doing what Romo did with those 6 turnovers.
Trust me when I say Campbell is a better scrambler than Romo. He is extremely underrated in that catagory because he has a pass first attitude. He has all the elements of a great QB...with more experience, some day he will be great. Campbell does a lot of things that "wow" you, you just have to watch every week.

I'm not saying Romo sucks or anything of the sort, I just feel he is overrated. People literally are (or were) putting him up there in the top 3 or 4 qbs. No way is he that good. His performance vs a terrible D proves it.

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #62
Monksdown
The Starter

oh no, not the Super Bowl predictions. Calm down dude, i don't want that type of thinking until mid - december.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #63
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
The Cowboys won the game despite Romo trying to throw it away. So he finally put it together for 1 full drive and about 30 yards in another drive. That's not impressive to me when you're playing the worst defense in the league. You should have blew them away. You didn't. Fact is, i Kolb didn't hit that clutch winner, OR do a perfect onside kick, you'd be pissed at Romo. Romo didn't win the game, Kolb did.
I am sorry, gotta help me with this one, who is Kolb?

Quote:
You act as if he's the first guy to do it. Maybe I should have been clearer, active QB's have it. You don't have to look beyond our team to see someone who did it...twice in a season and twice in one game actually. That's right, Mr. Brunell vs the Cowboys in 05 with two bombs to Moss. I don't recall him being anything special, but I guess he possesses this moxie you speak off.
I was trying to tell you about "Moxy" after you said " Also, EVERY Qb has that kind of "moxy" or they wouldn't be a QB"

Quote:
You make a valid point. It is more opinion. It won't be after we win the super bowl this year, but right now, it is opinion.
Wow dude, I hope you didn't just jinx your team. I am a superstitious person so I wouldn't say something like that.
Quote:
I disagree with you. Campbell throws a VERY good deep ball, and it does make people say WOW. He's been doing it all season.
Campbell goes about his business and is quiet and respectful. Romo likes the spotlight. Gibbs knows how to control his players and keep them grounded. Only Riggins is a guy I can remember that was "high profile" for the Skins, because Gibbs likes quiet leaders. Romo seems like a good guy, but he's got a long way to fall if he fails now. These kids don't need that added pressure. You will NEVER catch Campbell doing what Romo did with those 6 turnovers.
He does have the arm for the deep ball but he is inaccurate with his deep passes. Tell me how man of those he has after 4 games. Only a handful, and none for touchdowns. Still, I have not seen anything that WOWs me from JC.

I think it is too early to say that Campbell will NEVER have such a bad game. True, maybe he won't have 5 INTs, but Romo is not the first nor the last, and I hope we both will be around long enough for me to remind you when Campbell has a really bad game.
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #64
Cowell
Impact Rookie

I have no idea what you are talking about BigD, Campbell throws an excellent deep ball. That is what he truly excels at and I'm not being very biased here. He throws the deep ball better than most.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #65
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
I am sorry, gotta help me with this one, who is Kolb?
Woops, my bad, it's Folk. Still got baseball on the brain or something. LOL.

Quote:
I was trying to tell you about "Moxy" after you said " Also, EVERY Qb has that kind of "moxy" or they wouldn't be a QB"
In understand. Fact is, this was not the first time someone did this, and it won't be the last. It happens a lot. Granted the collapse of the Bills (including onside kick) doesn't happen a lot. But 1 and a half drives at the end of the game do happen, it's not moxie, it's doing your job. If they didn't, they would be the next ryan leaf, and be sitting on his sofa watching the game. I don't want to take anything away from his last two drives. But two drives don't make a QB.

Quote:
Wow dude, I hope you didn't just jinx your team. I am a superstitious person so I wouldn't say something like that.
LOL...yeah, I am a bit superstitous too...I knocked on wood when I said it. haha.

Quote:
He does have the arm for the deep ball but he is inaccurate with his deep passes. Tell me how man of those he has after 4 games. Only a handful, and none for touchdowns. Still, I have not seen anything that WOWs me from JC.
You need to watch more of the games...I am sure anyone here will tell you he has one of the best deep arms in the game...in fact ESPN even said he did on a broadcast. This is well known, and getting more well known with more exposure.

Quote:
I think it is too early to say that Campbell will NEVER have such a bad game. True, maybe he won't have 5 INTs, but Romo is not the first nor the last, and I hope we both will be around long enough for me to remind you when Campbell has a really bad game.
True, but Campbell doesn't make those kinds of dumb mistakes...and IF he did, I bet you anything that Gibbs would either take him out, or at least take him out of the equation by going conservative and running the ball, or doing dink and dunk passes.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #66
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Woops, my bad, it's Folk. Still got baseball on the brain or something. LOL.

In understand. Fact is, this was not the first time someone did this, and it won't be the last. It happens a lot. Granted the collapse of the Bills (including onside kick) doesn't happen a lot. But 1 and a half drives at the end of the game do happen, it's not moxie, it's doing your job. If they didn't, they would be the next ryan leaf, and be sitting on his sofa watching the game. I don't want to take anything away from his last two drives. But two drives don't make a QB.

LOL...yeah, I am a bit superstitous too...I knocked on wood when I said it. haha.

You need to watch more of the games...I am sure anyone here will tell you he has one of the best deep arms in the game...in fact ESPN even said he did on a broadcast. This is well known, and getting more well known with more exposure.

True, but Campbell doesn't make those kinds of dumb mistakes...and IF he did, I bet you anything that Gibbs would either take him out, or at least take him out of the equation by going conservative and running the ball, or doing dink and dunk passes.
On Kolb, for a minute there I was wondering how and why the rookie QB for the Eagles came into the picture.

I am thoroughly enjoying your debate though.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #67
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about BigD, Campbell throws an excellent deep ball. That is what he truly excels at and I'm not being very biased here. He throws the deep ball better than most.
Yes, very true. I remember seeing a stat somewhere that he leads the league in YPP. Or else I'm crazy.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #68
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not saying Romo sucks or anything of the sort, I just feel he is overrated. People literally are (or were) putting him up there in the top 3 or 4 qbs. No way is he that good. His performance vs a terrible D proves it.
Romo's been a top 5 QB so far this year. However, there's little reason to expect it to continue.

If 5 weeks was enough to decide who the pro bowl QBs should be, we'd have to put David Garrard on the AFC roster ahead of palmer. I'm not surprised that the media is overreacting, but there's a lot of football to be played. This is called "early varience."

Wait until Romo's incompletions start getting picked (like in the Buffalo game). Completion %'s are through the roof leaguewide this year, and Romo has been very much below the league average. The INTS are going to come for him in bunches just like this last week.

The touchdowns will also likely come in bunches, but if theres one thing I know it's that 1 TD does not equal 1 INT. I would guess it's closer to 2 TDs to one 1 INT.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #69
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
I do, since I live in the DC area, I have no choice. Sometime it is the only game on TV. I did not say he doesn't have the arm to throw it, I have seen him over throw many time. I am just saying he is inaccurate. So what! ESPN said JC has a good arm, well move over John, Joe, and Brett. How come when ESPN says Romo is good, everyone in here says they are not right, but when they say JC has a good arm, they are pretty accurate and credible?

Quote:
Weren't you the one who said that Gibbs supports his players and would stick with them. If Gibbs does take him out or run the ball, how is that going to help his psyche? How is that going to toughen up your QB and make him believe everything is possible and to never give up. Wade stuck with Romo and they ended up winning, who knows what would have happened if Brad Johnson was in the game.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #70
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I have seen him over throw Moss and other reciever many times. When was his last "deep ball" touchdown? Wasn't it with Caroline? And even that one, it was all Moss. I have not seen much from him this year, I think the number of deep passes probably equal the number of over thrown passes.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #71
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Yes, very true. I remember seeing a stat somewhere that he leads the league in YPP. Or else I'm crazy.
YPP does not mean "deep ball" threat. If you throw a screen pass and your RB takes it for 15 or 20 yards, it is all the RB, not the QB. Those stats are not as accurate as you might think. A west coast offense will have a better completion %, but a bad YPP.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #72
MTK
\m/

Most of JC's big completions have come on bombs. There's been a few nice YAC gains such as Randle El's 4th down scamper last week but for the most part it's been BOMBS AWAY!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #73
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Most of JC's big completions have come on bombs. There's been a few nice YAC gains such as Randle El's 4th down scamper last week but for the most part it's been BOMBS AWAY!
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Define big completions. I mean your statement is right but it adds no value. It is like saying, JC's tuchdown passes usually are complete passes in end zone, well duhh!

Also, we both can sit here and claim things, but how did you come up with that fact?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #74
firstdown
Living Legend

Man you guy's still hashing this out. How about this. Romo has some very good qualities as a QB and JC has some very good qualities as a QB. On 11/18 then on 12/30 we will see which one can get the V!
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #75
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Define big completions. I mean your statement is right but it adds no value. It is like saying, JC's tuchdown passes usually are complete passes in end zone, well duhh!

Also, we both can sit here and claim things, but how did you come up with that fact?
Jeez this shouldn't be that hard. By big completion I mean a big play, of say 20 yards or more of which he has 11 this year, and he also has 4 completions of 40+.