Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #61
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: f...gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Skins have a very nice history actually pre Gibbs, maybe no SB victories, but a proud tradition of making the playoffs and pre SB titles. I like Gibbs, but I think he isn't untouchable with regards to criticism. All HCs are criticized, even legends, that is my major point. Gibbs I never played it safe or throttled back for anything, why does Gibbs II have to?
Gibbs has always been conservative, remember when he was bringing Rypien and Humphries? Same thing with Campbell, when he sees some of the errors disappear he's going to let it rip like the old days. You watch.

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #62
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Ok everyone, are we Redskins fans or not? Then show it by not whining over one loss, everyone has a right to their opinion but to bash Gibbs... Maybe a new forum should be created for Redskins doubters.

If everyone was so happy about us losing what would the point of this forum be huh? It would make for a boring blog that is what it would do wouldn't it? Granted saying F--- Gibbs is extreme, but if the guy is pissed the guy is pissed. What makes this loss especially maddening is the way we lost it. We gave it away!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:58 PM   #63
twinskinsfan
Special Teams

Yeah calm down, i will admit, I was very pissed but not enough to go and beat my kid over.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #64
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I would like to add that Gibbs is brilliant by taking the brunt of the blame instead of a player such as Campbell. If the Skins would have passed in the last 2 plays of the game and an interception would of occured, the media would be roasting Campbell for a "bad" decision. Gibbs is trying to build Campbell's confidence level not destroy it by satisfying his own ego. So when you guys (the doubters) blame Gibbs think about what he's trying to accomplish.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #65
Skinner
Camp Scrub

WHY THE HELL WAS BETTS IN THE GAME WITH PORTIS ON THE SIDELINE!!? how many times has betts ran for 1500 yards? He is no where near as good as portis! Hes supposed tonbe the closer? Great call joe!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #66
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Had we passed at the goal line 3 times, people would be second-guessing Gibbs. Running the ball from inside the 5 twice, and throwing once seems like a health mix. To criticize the coaching staff for their play calling at the end of the game is Monday morning QB-ing IMO.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #67
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan0201 View Post
one loss and here is the response
thats true,but the point is its one loss that everyone on this fucking forum had as a win,and probably an easy win
go back to the first game of last yr,everyone thought we would have an easy time of it with Minnesota,a 37 yr old Brad Johnson will get his ass kicked,well we know what happenned,and the realist knew it was going to be a long season,then you had the people saying relax,its only 1 game
If we cant beat a team like the giants when were up 17-3 its going to be a long mfking season,Dallas is probably going to kick our ass so bad I'm going to have to move out of Texas so I dont have to hear all the bs
Old 09-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #68
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

F...this thread

We're saying F Gibbs because we went to heavy jumbo at the end of the game? People are upset about this? Yeah, because heavy jumbo has never worked in Redskins history.

We're saying F Gibbs because with the game on the line we didn't put Campbell (who doesn't even have a full season under his belt) in the shotgun so he could call his own plays? Yeah, because Gibbs and Saunders have proven nothing when it comes to playcalling
Old 09-24-2007, 12:41 AM   #69
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
thats true,but the point is its one loss that everyone on this fucking forum had as a win,and probably an easy win
go back to the first game of last yr,everyone thought we would have an easy time of it with Minnesota,a 37 yr old Brad Johnson will get his ass kicked,well we know what happenned,and the realist knew it was going to be a long season,then you had the people saying relax,its only 1 game
If we cant beat a team like the giants when were up 17-3 its going to be a long mfking season,Dallas is probably going to kick our ass so bad I'm going to have to move out of Texas so I dont have to hear all the bs
Maybe it's our fault for having it as a win then?

Look, I gave us 60% odds at best going into this one. Yeah, I thought we would win it. No, this is not like the Vikings or Titans losses last year. Life goes on.

Who cares about Dallas? They have a bad defense and have as many divisional wins this year as we do so far. They aren't going to go into Philly and win, so it really doesn't matter that they are 3-0.

We will have to beat them head to head at least once, but we can still do that in week 17 if not before. Thats a really, really long time away.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #70
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

people here thought that we would be 2-1, they just thought the loss would be against the eagles not the giants.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #71
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Ah plz....was it Joes fault when we were WINNING at halftime 17-3 ??????? its the damn players not doing there job. That's flat out retarted!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #72
Skins_4_Lyfe
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dude If you are a true Redskin fan you remember 4 SB that Gibbs brought here, give the man a chance. He'll get it done, I guarantee it!!
Enough is enough, he's going on his 5th season back and he's still getting used to "the new" NFL. It's obvious that the game has passed him but he's taking too long to get caught up.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 AM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Ah plz....was it Joes fault when we were WINNING at halftime 17-3 ??????? its the damn players not doing there job. That's flat out retarted!
Of course, Gibbs had NOTHING to do with the 2-0 start, but he's totally at fault for the loss today.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #74
MTK
\m/

LOL this thread is hilarious
Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 AM   #75
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_4_Lyfe View Post
Enough is enough, he's going on his 5th season back and he's still getting used to "the new" NFL. It's obvious that the game has passed him but he's taking too long to get caught up.
Actually, he is only in his 4th season since coming back so maybe its you that needs to catch up.
Closed Thread