Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bears waive troubled DT Tank Johnson

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Skins take a chance on Tank Johnson?
Yes 40 45.45%
No 48 54.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #61
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Bears waive troubled DT Tank Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsWill View Post
I can agree with all of that minus the waste of human flesh part (a little to much IMO) But the guy is on his last leg, he has no room for error. i was just saying on the grand scheme of things hes not in the same leauge as a Pacman or Henry. He served his time, this is his last chance to clean up, there is no denying that, but this last little bit (the ticket) is getting way more pub than it should. He didnt start a fight or resist arrest, there were no guns or drugs, he was speeding. He has paid his debt to society by going to jail, hasnt been in any of the same kind of trouble since. So yes i wouldnt mind him to play for the skins as long as there is a strict personal conduct policy worked in his contract.

There is a reason he is who, and what he is. He does not have the ability to turn it on and off. You get his performance on and off the field. You get his attutudes and opinons in the locker room as well. I want more attitudes like Randal El, not "tank"
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #62
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsWill View Post
I can agree with all of that minus the waste of human flesh part (a little to much IMO)
Maybe a bit harsh, but I don't see many redeeming qualities that this thug offers to society.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #63
skinsWill
Special Teams

Never having met the guy, I couldnt say either way. I 100% totally agree with what the commish is doing, and think it should have been done long ago. (Think about what it would have done to the Cowgirls dynasty). Pacman should never see the feild again, Henry shouldnt either. Tank is about an ass hair away from that, but not quite there yet. Hes paid his price by going to jail (was it his first trip to the clink? i have no clue) and now its up to him to clear his name like Ray. Wether or not he will remains to be seen. But at low risk, I still wouldnt mind the skins being the team to give him that last chance
The views and opinions above do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of skinsWill or any of his affiliates. We do however acknowledge that he can be an ass and does likes to argue. Pomotional consideration paid for by the following...
skinsWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #64
MTK
\m/

With the way Goodell is cracking down I wouldn't be surprised if nobody picks up Tank.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #65
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
With the way Goodell is cracking down I wouldn't be surprised if nobody picks up Tank.

I wouldn't either.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #66
offiss

Quote:
Maybe a bit harsh, but I don't see many redeeming qualities that this thug offers to society.
I think the best point you have made against Tank Matty is that he doesn't get it, owning guns especially for a high profile athlete who makes a lot of money is no big deal IMO, I don't believe he used them in a harmful way at any time. Speeding? Come on we all do it. Who knows exactly what happened with the cop and the limo, I think they dropped the charges which tells me the cops may have been out of line as well. I don't believe the Bears cut him for that alone, that could happen to a lot of people under the right circumstances, I believe the Bears let him go because they see in this guy more trouble ahead, in other words his problems so far may not be that bad, but thier feeling is it's only a matter of time and cut bait with him, we don't need what may, or may not come along with this guy.

Further more, if no one picks him up that will send a very clear message to all players, if the commish comes down on you we are all going to back him up. If a couple of high profile players lose thier careers because of off the field problems you can bet the rest will start cleaning up thier acts!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #67
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:

I'm GLAD we won't be. But let's not forgot the Dallas type organization's out there, that love trash bags. Somebody will pick up this trash bucket also.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #68
12thMan
MVP

First of all, who did Tank actually physically injure or harm? Two infractions does not make a douche bag in my opinion.

Secondly, we're the first ones bitching and moaning about our defensive line woes and how bad we need to draft or upgrade at the position. This guy could easily come off this eight game suspension and tear it up and be a role model for some team. And if he did it for the Skins, we'd turn around and say how good our front office looks and how Joe Gibbs has reformed "Tank".

All I'm saying is, let's be careful that we don't apply a double standard just because this guy isn't a Redskin.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #69
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
First of all, who did Tank actually physically injure or harm? Two infractions does not make a douche bag in my opinion.

Secondly, we're the first one's bitching and moaning about our defensive line woes and how bad we need to draft or upgrade at the position. This guy could easily come off this eight game suspension and tear it up and be a role model for some team. And if he did it for the Skins, we'd turn around and say how good our front office looks and how Joe Gibbs has reformed "Tank".

All I'm saying is, let's be careful that don't apply a double standard just because this guy isn't a Redskin.
Absolutely brilliant statement, couldnt have said it better myself
MS
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #70
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post

Secondly, we're the first ones bitching and moaning about our defensive line woes and how bad we need to draft or upgrade at the position. This guy could easily come off this eight game suspension and tear it up and be a role model for some team. And if he did it for the Skins, we'd turn around and say how good our front office looks and how Joe Gibbs has reformed "Tank".

All I'm saying is, let's be careful that we don't apply a double standard just because this guy isn't a Redskin.
Role model??

LOL

Puh-lease

Jeez what does someone have to do in order to be a douche bag in your book? Kill someone?

What he's done was enough to get him booted for 8 games and now CUT from his team, that's douche bag enough for me.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #71
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Role model??

LOL

Puh-lease

Jeez what does someone have to do in order to be a douche bag in your book? Kill someone?

What he's done was enough to get him booted for 8 games and now CUT from his team, that's douche bag enough for me.

I couldn't type fast enough! Boy the "ROLE MODELS" I just hope you were shittin or totally kidding? If not your in sad shape!

He might be a fair "ROLE MODEL" for PACTIRD, or one of the other TARDS, maybe even Henry or TO, nobody else really comes to mind.

And IMO HE IS 100% SHIT, TIRD, DOUCHE BAG, anything else related to TRASH is close enough!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #72
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Role model??

LOL

Puh-lease

So tell me then, what did Tank do? I'm curious if he had one weapon as opposed to several would that change our perception of him?What does someone have to do in my book to be a douche bag? Well, I'm not sure now that I really think about it. But seeing that he never intentially or unintentionally, for that matter, harmed anyone I really can't come to any hard core conclusion about his douche bagness. I can maybe come to an opinion about his judgement, but certainly not him as a person. And it's not beyond reason that he could indeed become a role model. I don't see what's so far fetched about that? Would you consider Michael Jordan a role model? If so, why?But I'll say this...and I'll use myself for example...if you took the two most questionable things that I've personally done and aired it, repeatedly, on ESPN, CNN and local news outlets for the next 36 hours, I'm sure you would have a totally different opinion of me.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #73
MTK
\m/

What did he do?

Why don't you tell me what you think he did to get an 8 game ban and now his ass cut from the Bears.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would back this fool.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #74
redskins21x
Camp Scrub

I still say make trade offer for either Simeion Rice or Kris Jenkins
redskins21x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #75
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Hey 12th, This is just a start.......let's see dope, guns,arrested and charged with aggravated assault & resisting arrest, and he quotes to police,"You ain't the only one with a Glock. If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."
Right out of prision into trouble again...? hum....? ROLE MODEL? If thats your kind of ROLE MODEL.....you might wanna go ahead and turn yourself in.

Chicagoist: "Tank" Johnson In Trouble with the Law Again

Tank in the clink :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State