Steve McNair found shot to death!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #61
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Steve McNair found shot to death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Even the saints succumbed to temptation on occasion. If the best of us fails, what chance for the rest? We're human and, as such, all fall short of the glory of God. (Let me be clear, I am not offering McNair up for sainthood).

Steve McNair was a good man who did much good work in this world. Through the use of his god given abilities, he set an example of how to do well with the gifts given him at birth. At the same time, he was human and succumbed to human desires that cost him, those he loved, and those around him considerable loss and pain. The betrayal and pain caused by his choices to those he loved, shows that even the best, strongest and toughest among us can have a failing of will or spirit.

This failing, however, does not, and cannot, alter the fact that he gave freely to others and worked to improve the world in which he lived. This failing does not, and should not, change the recognition that he did these good works when it would have been just as easy to live off his riches and care only for a life of luxury.

To me, this failing does not change the example set by his good works. His failing does not, cannot and should not change the need for the rest of us imitate them. Rather, his failing demonstrates only that he was human; a trait we are all doomed to share.

When people like this die as a result of foolish, wrong choices that make some of us say "WTF?", it is important, to me, that the man's good works aren't turned against him by those who seek to promote evil agendas or those who would cry "hypocrite" when otherwise good people demonstrate very human failings. Recognizing what he did with his life - ALL that he did - we can remember him as a great athelete and a good man who made a bad choice and paid the ultimate price for it.

RIP Steve McNair. Peace be with you and with your family and the family of the young woman.
This is, without a doubt, one of the best posts I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #62
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Even the saints succumbed to temptation on occasion. If the best of us fails, what chance for the rest? We're human and, as such, all fall short of the glory of God. (Let me be clear, I am not offering McNair up for sainthood).

Steve McNair was a good man who did much good work in this world. Through the use of his god given abilities, he set an example of how to do well with the gifts given him at birth. At the same time, he was human and succumbed to human desires that cost him, those he loved, and those around him considerable loss and pain. The betrayal and pain caused by his choices to those he loved, shows that even the best, strongest and toughest among us can have a failing of will or spirit.

This failing, however, does not, and cannot, alter the fact that he gave freely to others and worked to improve the world in which he lived. This failing does not, and should not, change the recognition that he did these good works when it would have been just as easy to live off his riches and care only for a life of luxury.

To me, this failing does not change the example set by his good works. His failing does not, cannot and should not change the need for the rest of us imitate them. Rather, his failing demonstrates only that he was human; a trait we are all doomed to share.

When people like this die as a result of foolish, wrong choices that make some of us say "WTF?", it is important, to me, that the man's good works aren't turned against him by those who seek to promote evil agendas or those who would cry "hypocrite" when otherwise good people demonstrate very human failings. Recognizing what he did with his life - ALL that he did - we can remember him as a great athelete and a good man who made a bad choice and paid the ultimate price for it.

RIP Steve McNair. Peace be with you and with your family and the family of the young woman.
Good post and amen.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #63
SBXVII
Franchise Player

JR, again well put. I was going to say something profound as you did but thought against it. Thankfully I was tought if I had nothing nice to say....then say nothing at all. It's funny how people will always point out the negatives even when they are obvious instead of looking at the positives. I would bet his family would want everyone to focus on the good things he did in his life vs. focusing on his transgressions.

Some people fail to remember we are all born into sin.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #64
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:

One of the best posts I have seen in awhile. Thank you J.R. and RIP Steve
Old 07-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #65
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Steve McNair, a great player that I followed since his college days.

How do we, as a nation, stop all the killing? Judging from all the movies that are being shown on TV, everyone loves violence, and my two boys won't watch a movie unless it has a lot of bloody scenes in it. That's insane.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #66
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Steve McNair, a great player that I followed since his college days.

How do we, as a nation, stop all the killing? Judging from all the movies that are being shown on TV, everyone loves violence, and my two boys won't watch a movie unless it has a lot of bloody scenes in it. That's insane.
Since today is the Dalai Lama's birthday, may I suggest that we begin listening to him?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #67
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

I have been out of town and not near a tv or internet or even newspaper. Just heard about McNair and wow I am shocked and saddened. We in the Redskin family unfortunately know what tragedy is. My prayers go out to his family.
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #68
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Maybe it is just a bad picture of her.

Matty and 53Fan are spot on with their comments above. McNair paid a heavy price for hooking up with that lady.

Unfortunately so. Steve could have had some hot Tenn babes(actual women) or even a Titans cheerleader, but he got caught up with a really young girl, who got in over her head. She looks Lebanese so it may have been a honor killing/suicide.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #69
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I think she was attractive, in a black widow sort of way. Certainly worthy of the attention of a pro athlete based on her looks. I guess some of you are watching to much Entourage either that or your looking at the mug shot from her DUI, which actually isn't half bad.

Heres a better idea of what she looked like:
Sahel Kazemi

The thing I don't get is why do all these athletes promise these girls the world when they're married with children and how can the girls get swept up in this. Isn't it obvious that the same thing could easily happen to you, assuming he leaves his wife? I guess in a case like that they see the money as a nice fall back position in which case they can find true love later.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #70
GusFrerotte

She was attractive, but not like bombshell hot, plus she was 20. She was obviously unstable and looking for an older guy to take care of her. Steve should have known better that he was playing with fire.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #71
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Jeff Fisher: The Steve McNair I Knew Would Want Me to Say 'Sorry' -- NFL FanHouse
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #72
skins89moss
Playmaker

I was at work when i saw the breaking news that Steve McNair was fatally shot along with a female inside a Nashville condo. My inital thought was it may have been a love triangle. As the story unfolded it does appear that it is a murder suicide. Another tragic murder of a person who still had their whole life ahead of them to be taken away from his family. Based on the details McNair was having affair with this 20 year old for several months and had also met her family. So it appeared that this relationship may have been serious to the female victim/suspect. She told some of her family members that Steve was going to divorce his wife. Well in her mind she must of thought that they had a future together. Well maybe McNair had some second thoughts about leaving his wife and kids to be with her. This is just my opinion what may have happened but sometimes people snap and do things in the heat of the moment which they may regret. Who ever shot McNair 4 times, 2 to the head was very angry and wanted to make sure he was dead. The female had only 1 fatal gunshot wound to the head which may have lead detectives to believe she pulled the trigger after shooting McNair. We don't know what kind of relationship he had with his wife but his kids are the ones who will greatly miss him. It goes to show you that even pro atheles not only have to worry about random gun violence but also domestic violence is just as dangerous. I think a former Carolina Panther RB was shot and killed by his wife several years back. Does anyone recall who he was. I think his name was Fred Lane. My thoughts and prayers go out to the McNair family. May God comfort you.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #73
skindeep
Camp Scrub

R.I.P.Steve
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #74
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Does anyone find it strange that his roommate found them (the bodies) but he need someone else to call in the 911 call? I read it I think on CNN, I will try to find that part of the article.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #75
MTK
\m/

Man that's tough to watch, great tribute. Fisher is a class act all the way.