Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL week 13

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #61
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Around the NFL week 13

Landon Collins is def not worth the money we gave him, plays a position I think you can find and fill fairly easy but he is an above average player imo. He is a starter in the NFL. I also think he is a leader on D and especially the secondary.

If we cut him in the offseason, its 13.8M in dead money.

I dont know what you do with him but I imagine he plays for us in 2021 .... as a 17.2M cap hit. Crappy situation for us.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Gregg Williams, YOU’RE FIRED!! You Suck!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What Williams did yesterday is absolutely fireable. I mean Gase sucks. Whole staff sucks but with one play left and half a field to go you under no circumstances send the house. Absolute trash call. That is the equivalent of passing on the last play of the game when you have the lead!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #64
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What Williams did yesterday is absolutely fireable. I mean Gase sucks. Whole staff sucks but with one play left and half a field to go you under no circumstances send the house. Absolute trash call. That is the equivalent of passing on the last play of the game when you have the lead!
And some wanted him as our HC. He’s a loser from the Jeff Fisher school of shit.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #65
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Is Wentz really playing that bad or is his O Line playing that bad? I know he has been the most sacked QB in the NFL like around 60 Times. Heck one game he was sacked 8 times.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #66
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Your favorite coach...lol. To not have at least one safety on the last play of the game where Oakland had to go deep is inexcusable. Shouldn't have waited until today. Should have been fired right after game.

The corner also played just pathetic coverage. He bit on a double move. No point of doing that when all you had to do was play the deep ball.

Just bad all around but GW has to take the fall for putting his db in that position.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #67
SunnySide
Playmaker

Just saw the replay of the Jets blitz vs raiders. Wow. Credit the raiders for leaving 7 in to pass pro.

If I was a Jets fan, I think Id love it. Youre in a very tight race with Jacksonville (1-11) for Trevor Lawrence. Winning that game does absolutely nothing positive for you.

Its not quite as comical as Zorn calling the swing gate TWICE in his lame duck coaching season but its close and I loved the swing gate when it was happening live. Perfect cherry on top to a complete shit show of a season.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #68
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Even though he made the bad call, he's just a scapegoat for Jets. The real issue is Adam Gase.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #69
Monkeydad
Living Legend

How do any of you know that Williams wasn't just following orders from the top, to secure that #1 pick?
Old 12-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #70
Warthog
The Starter

Anyone who wants Wentz on this team is smoking something. Just because the Eagles paid him a cap-killing salary doesn’t mean he’s good. He’s running for his life and now has happy feet on every play.

We don’t need to trade for the top draft pick. Just let Kyle Smith draft for a QB with no advice or interference from Dan Snyder.
Kyle is amazing and has partially built this team using low draft picks, UDFA and castoffs on one- year contracts. A team is lucky to get those type of players to just be a Special Team ace. Not a legitimate starter in their rookie or second season!!

Promote Kyle Smith to GM and let him pick our future QB with our first draft pick. With all our draft picks and all that cap money we can fill the biggest holes on this team. With Rivera and this comeback season we will attract good or very good FA who want to hitch themselves to a team on the rise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #71
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Anyone who wants Wentz on this team is smoking something. Just because the Eagles paid him a cap-killing salary doesn’t mean he’s good. He’s running for his life and now has happy feet on every play.

We don’t need to trade for the top draft pick. Just let Kyle Smith draft for a QB with no advice or interference from Dan Snyder.
Kyle is amazing and has partially built this team using low draft picks, UDFA and castoffs on one- year contracts. A team is lucky to get those type of players to just be a Special Team ace. Not a legitimate starter in their rookie or second season!!

Promote Kyle Smith to GM and let him pick our future QB with our first draft pick. With all our draft picks and all that cap money we can fill the biggest holes on this team. With Rivera and this comeback season we will attract good or very good FA who want to hitch themselves to a team on the rise!!

That is a great point Warthog. This team has not had much luck luring the top FAs without having to overpay for them. It is big (or has the potential to be big) to actually have a team that can compete with anyone, with a winning culture, a more than competent coaching staff, etc. It definitely makes a difference.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #72
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

Agreed though I'd be tempted to trade down if we end up picking after the #12 slot we're currently projected into. With the top 2 (3?) expected to be gone by then, it could be a big reach when we have other needs. BPA for me, then look at a prospect QB in round 2 or maybe 3. Smith looks capable with holding down the fort next year if needs be.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #73
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re FA additions ... Alex Santos was in charge of pro scouting. I have no idea what percent credit Smith or Santos get for Wes Schweitzer, KPL, Logan Thomas.

Hopefully it was mostly Kyle Smith.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Eagles will bench QB Carson Wentz for Week 14 against the Saints.
Jalen Hurts will get the call for an exceptionally tough matchup. The Eagles had no other choice after Wentz completely bottomed out against the Packers, completing just one pass for eight yards to wide receivers in roughly 38 minutes of play. Completing 57.4 percent of his throw and averaging an awful 6.0 yards per attempt, Wentz has just one more passing touchdown (16) than interception.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #75
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
How do any of you know that Williams wasn't just following orders from the top, to secure that #1 pick?

I don't but if he was, he probably wouldn't lose his job. Maybe he is back next year with a pay raise after the draft?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote