\m/

Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

so horrible, words can't even describe

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #62
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Just heard that the guns were registered to the shooter's mother. No link yet.

If I had guns in my house, I'd keep them locked up in a safe and hidden. Can't trust anyone. No need to have an assault weapon laying around.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #63
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There is no reason at all to interview a single child

At least some journalist get that...

Anderson Cooper ‏@andersoncooper

In answer to your tweets, no, Of course i will not be interviewing children from the school. I do not think that is appropriate at this time
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
At least some journalist get that...

Anderson Cooper ‏@andersoncooper

In answer to your tweets, no, Of course i will not be interviewing children from the school. I do not think that is appropriate at this time
Good, at least some people in the media have more integrity than that. I mean damn, these kids just witnessed something that could traumatize them for the rest of their lives and a reporter's first thought is to put a mic in their face? How do they sleep at night?

I'm at a loss for words right now. I just have a hard time understanding what could cultivate someone, even someone disabled, to do something as horrible as this.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #65
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm at a loss for words right now. I just have a hard time understanding what could cultivate someone, even someone disabled, to do something as horrible as this.
The fact that he killed a huge majority of his own family tells you something went wrong mentally or he had some serious hate within him.

According to the reports, his brother being questioned said he hadn't talked to his brother in years. That says to me that something is wrong with that family structure that they don't even communicate.

Official: Gunman's NJ brother cooperating - Yahoo! News
Quote:
The official says Ryan Lanza's computers and phone records were being searched but only "in an abundance of caution." He says Ryan told authorities he had not been in touch with his brother in recent years.
Where they abused? Did he just snap? Did he have mental problems all along and it was just passed off as "different or unique"? It really is hard to tell, but you would have to have some incredible hate in your heart to kill your own family.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #66
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
The fact that he killed a huge majority of his own family tells you something went wrong mentally or he had some serious hate within him.

According to the reports, his brother being questioned said he hadn't talked to his brother in years. That says to me that something is wrong with that family structure that they don't even communicate.

Where they abused? Did he just snap? Did he have mental problems all along and it was just passed off as "different or unique"? It really is hard to tell, but you would have to have some incredible hate in your heart to kill your own family.
Something's kinda weird about a kindergarten teacher owning an assault weapon. Rest her soul but still, if you have a son with an emotional disturbance and you're keeping weapons in the house? That seems like a pressure cooker. Then again, I'm not sure if the son was even still living with the mother. It'll be interesting to have all these kinda of questions cleared up in the coming days.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #67
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Really sad and tragic. Let us remember those that lost loved ones and not these jerks that did the shooting. As such a tragic day not just in CT but in the USA! Parents will have not just a miserable holiday season this year, but for all seasons to come!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #68
mredskins
Gamebreaker

It is painful to think their tiny bodies are still in there.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #69
Schneed10
A Dude

I'm so sad about this.

The United States averages 9 gun deaths per 100,000 people per year. Canada averages 4.78. France averages 3. Australia, 2.94. Norway, 1.78. Greece, 1.50. Germany, 1.10. Spain, 0.63. The Netherlands, 0.46. United Kingdom, 0.22. Japan, 0.07.

If you think it is impossible for gun control laws to work, then you must believe we are more violent than the people of all of these nations. That is the wrong kind of exceptional.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I know he was autistic. I know autistics that are just not capable of this, but they are reporting it as if he may have had a severe case. So ****ing terrible. My daughter is in kindergarten and my wife is her art teacher. I have always said there should be armed security gaurds and or metal detectors at every school. It is way to easy to walk rite into a school. I am praying for every victims parents, family , and friends. Cannot and do not want to imagine where their heads are ag rite now. I also find myself wondering why his mothers weapons were not securely locked up. From what im hearing he was obsessed witb guns. His mom was a kindergarten teacher but was not at school today. God bless all of our children tonite. Hug the shit out of them tomorrow.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #71
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I know he was autistic. I know autistics that are just not capable of this, but they are reporting it as if he may have had a severe case. So ****ing terrible. My daughter is in kindergarten and my wife is her art teacher. I have always said there should be armed security gaurds and or metal detectors at every school. It is way to easy to walk rite into a school. I am praying for every victims parents, family , and friends. Cannot and do not want to imagine where their heads are ag rite now. I also find myself wondering why his mothers weapons were not securely locked up. From what im hearing he was obsessed witb guns. His mom was a kindergarten teacher but was not at school today. God bless all of our children tonite. Hug the shit out of them tomorrow.
Wow, very sad. He must have been very high functioning. They see the world very differently then normal people.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #72
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
I know he was autistic. I know autistics that are just not capable of this, but they are reporting it as if he may have had a severe case.
I don't think the VAST majority of the autistic population is capable of this. I just ask that everyone please tries their hardest not to jump to conclusions, especially as in regards to a topic as potentially personal as autism. And that's not to say you said anything wrong or insensitive or anything, I just hope people don't start blaming this evil act on autism.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #73
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Where's it say he was autistic? All I've seen is that he had a personality disorder, but hasn't been identified by name.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I don't think the VAST majority of the autistic population is capable of this. I just ask that everyone please tries their hardest not to jump to conclusions, especially as in regards to a topic as potentially personal as autism. And that's not to say you said anything wrong or insensitive or anything, I just hope people don't start blaming this evil act on autism.
Oh God no. Just pointing out that I heard that. Every individual is different , autistic or not. @Rave - the initial reports were that he had autism, i heard it on tv.
Edit: initially they were saying the shooters mother was a teacher at the school too.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #75
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Oh God no. Just pointing out that I heard that. Every individual is different , autistic or not. @Rave - the initial reports were that he had autism, i heard it on tv.
Edit: initially they were saying the shooters mother was a teacher at the school too.
True. I just read that they're speculating he had highly functioning Aspergers. Which is essentially autism.

It'll be a mess for another few days while they get everything figured out.