Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I Want ----- To Shut Me Up In 2012

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #61
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: I Want ----- To Shut Me Up In 2012

I'm guessing typing Matty would be a bad idea...he has the power!

As for Skins players, I'll have to think of which current player I criticize the most. I think that would be Reed Doughty. There's no Landry or Atogwe on the roster any more. We aren't guaranteed 16 games from Tanard Jackson and Griffin/Merriweather might be worse at coverage than you. Time to step up, son. You may be on the field more than we like.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 04-26-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well, D Hall finally had the horrible Redskin year, last year, everyone was hoping for. Reverted back to his raiders years. The prior couple years his play was just fine and actually excellent at times as a 2nd CB, with Carlos taking the tougher assignments and excelling at the 1 spot. Looks like we finally found out D Hall is not a #1 CB, for all the people who somehow thought he was a 1...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #63
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

I understand the comments about Hall, he is a gambler and takes risk, BUT im really scared about safety still that needs to be our main concern, i think tanard jackson will start at free and strong??? merriweather? gomes? i dont have much confidence in either, i wouldnt mind using our 3rd on a safety that slips to us.
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #64
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The prior couple years his play was just fine
Edit: The below is in no indication of me thinking that D. Hall was our only problem the past few years. Far from it.

You do realize that his "pro-bowl" year, he ranked 2nd worst CB in the league statistically? He had one great game with Chicago, and returned a fumble in the Dallas game, yet everybody forgets he was torched most of that season as well.

People see what they want to see.

Football Outsiders: DeAngelo Hall,Second Worst CB in Success Rate - Hogs Haven

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Worst Cornerback Charting Stats 2010

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Worst Cornerback Charting Stats 2011

This guy has been horrible since his last couple years in Atlanta. He started off his career hot with INTs because he jumped routes, padded those numbers and has been fooling fans ever since...lol Mind boggling.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 04-26-2012 at 10:03 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah when I watched that team a couple years ago...I kept saying to myself D Hall obviously is the problem. Not Haynesworth, not our Running Back play, our entire D Line, and QB play...it was D Hall, the worst CB in the league. Look back to that season, sadly I think our CB was a strongest position in terms of play.

But dont watch the games, just go by the stats. Dont watch the games to see the defense on the field 60-70% of the time...eye test dont mean shit. Like Ive said before, what I see with my own eyes during the game will give you more clues than the stat sheet later.

He Gets Us
Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah when I watched that team a couple years ago...I kept saying to myself D Hall obviously is the problem. Not Haynesworth, not our Running Back play, our entire D Line, and QB play...it was D Hall, the worst CB in the league. Look back to that season, sadly I think our CB was a strongest position in terms of play.

But dont watch the games, just go by the stats. Dont watch the games to see the defense on the field 60-70% of the time...eye test dont mean shit. Like Ive said before, what I see with my own eyes during the game will give you more clues than the stat sheet later.
I just don't get Redskins fans obsession with pinning everything that is wrong on one player or just going out their way to show how terrible one player is and acting like everything else is fine and dandy.

I also don't get fans who think Hall is a #1 corner and keep riding his Pro Bowl season. He's not that good period, and the fact that he may be the best corner on the team is proof that our secondary sucks.

I don't agree though that our CB play was that strong last year. Basically what happened in the big secondary gaffes is that we were asking a supbar secondary to hold on to small leads that our terrible offense couldn't hold by not scoring more points or giving the opposing offense a chance to gain the lead.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #67
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Don't get me wrong. He wasn't the only problem with this team. There aren't enough fingers on both of my hands to point at what was wrong with the team. Yes, I did watch the games and the "eye test" doesn't mean shit really. Why? Because you aren't focusing on one player the whole time. That's why coaches have so much film time so they can break down a players game. No, you can't always use numbers to base a point on, but these numbers (on D Hall) have been consistently bad over most of his career in the NFL.

Don't want to break this down into a D.Hall haterade fest, but I'm just correcting this notion that he's good or our best CB. He's not. Is he better than anything out there right now on the market? Most likely yes. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a June 1st cut though due to his salary.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #68
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
At times, he's in fact not hot garbage, and even makes consecutive plays. But the season is too long, and he gets exposed every year.

I don't think its conclusive that Doughty plays defense worse than Hall does, but it's been a pretty fierce incompetence battle over the last two seasons.
There's something to say about a guy who is always near the tackle but never part of it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #69
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I just don't get Redskins fans obsession with pinning everything that is wrong on one player or just going out their way to show how terrible one player is and acting like everything else is fine and dandy.
For the record, I don't bring out the stats and other data unless people start talking about how he's our best CB and our best defensive player. I'm simply correcting those fallacies.

I do not believe(and never will) that D. Hall is the sole reason why we were shitty the past few years. Too many fingers and toes to count. He's just one of the many bad cogs in a broken wheel.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 04-26-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I also don't get fans who think Hall is a #1 corner and keep riding his Pro Bowl season. He's not that good period, and the fact that he may be the best corner on the team is proof that our secondary sucks.

I don't agree though that our CB play was that strong last year. Basically what happened in the big secondary gaffes is that we were asking a supbar secondary to hold on to small leads that our terrible offense couldn't hold by not scoring more points or giving the opposing offense a chance to gain the lead.
I was referencing 2010 season. no last year's CB play was terrible...safety play was much worse though... Part of the reason CB play was bad was D Hall play, he cant cover the other team's best WR period. There is no disputing that. I hate to bring him up again, Carlos absence was significantly felt last year. But we hate him too, so movin on

He Gets Us
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #71
Ruhskins
Living Legend

So back to thread topic (what a freaking idea, no?)

I think the o-line has a lot to prove this season, so I would like to see them do a good job. Although with a better QB, that may be possible.

I would also like to see our pass rush to take the next step from being just "good" to great.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I'm guessing typing Matty would be a bad idea...he has the power!

As for Skins players, I'll have to think of which current player I criticize the most. I think that would be Reed Doughty. There's no Landry or Atogwe on the roster any more. We aren't guaranteed 16 games from Tanard Jackson and Griffin/Merriweather might be worse at coverage than you. Time to step up, son. You may be on the field more than we like.
Are you serious? Reed is what he is. He's never going to be a good safety in coverage cause he's just not capable. He plays hard, tackles well but that's about all he can do.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #73
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Are you serious? Reed is what he is. He's never going to be a good safety in coverage cause he's just not capable. He plays hard, tackles well but that's about all he can do.
Yeah, I always wondered why people get so mad at a backup for not performing like a all-pro. He's a backup for a reason...lol
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #74
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So back to thread topic (what a freaking idea, no?)

I think the o-line has a lot to prove this season, so I would like to see them do a good job. Although with a better QB, that may be possible.

I would also like to see our pass rush to take the next step from being just "good" to great.
Good point on the pass rush.. This is a key year for Rak IMO. I'd love to see him develop some counter moves, something other than either just speed or power. He gets held a lot but he also puts himself in position to be pushed away from the QB a lot as well. Kerrigan seemed to do a great job of shedding blockers and making the it, Rak hasn't shown that consistently. I hope Jenkins brings some pass rushing as well.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #75
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Good point on the pass rush.. This is a key year for Rak IMO. I'd love to see him develop some counter moves, something other than either just speed or power. He gets held a lot but he also puts himself in position to be pushed away from the QB a lot as well. Kerrigan seemed to do a great job of shedding blockers and making the it, Rak hasn't shown that consistently. I hope Jenkins brings some pass rushing as well.
I wanna say that I'd like to see Cofield do a better job at collapsing the pocket, but I really have not sense of how he did in this aspect last season. A rotation of Bowen, Carriker, and Jenkins should be fun to watch. Bowen and Carriker had 11.5 sacks combine, and I think Jenkins should add to this.
R.I.P. #21