McDonald's Cashier Loses It

Parking Lot

Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: McDonald's Cashier Loses It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
The Walmart close to where i live has a McDonald's in it.
Mother of mercy! It must be a breeding ground for crime in there!

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #62
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Mother of mercy! It must be a breeding ground for crime in there!
Ok I am happy to have everybody laugh at me. I re-read what I posted and I agree with you all, nowhere in there did i intelligently post what I was trying to say, i deserve the heckling. So i'm gonna try to put my thoughts on here in a more educated, controlled manner.

More often than not, the life of a walmart/mcdonalds employee is not very good to begin with. They are payed a very, very low wage, with bad hours, and it is pretty much a dead end job. Most of the time they have very poor health insurance, to the point where i once read that an average worker sometimes as much as 40% of their paycheck is gone each week because of their high health care costs, especially if they have children on the policy.

Couple all this with some of the locations they have to work in, (The McDonalds in that fine upstanding neighborhood where that poor poor woman accidentally lost a moment of self-control is a fine example) and you pretty much have a person already on the brink just waiting for a reason to lose it.

I'm sure this had a lot to do with this story, the man who dished out the beatdown was probably experiencing all of those things, and let's be honest, getting out of jail a convicted felon for a violent crime, there is not a whole lot he can do for a living, fast food or construction is going to be about it.

It is for those reasons alone why people should treat fast food / retail workers with more respect. We as a whole society treat these people like they are scum, like they are beneath us. That is why I always try and be nice to them, because you don't know what kind of day they are having, and how close they could be to completley snapping.

I live 6 miles from Winchester VA, and they have a Wal-Mart with a McDonalds in it. I will go ahead and tell you now, the customer base there and the types of people working in there, I would not mess with them. Their lives have to be miserable. They are also in a not so great area.

Hope this helps. The lesson learned is hopefully one day we can all treat each other how we would want to be treated, i know it sounds hokey but it could have saved these people in the mcdonalds.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You won't ever have a problem with the people who work at McDonalds if you follow the simple philosophy of never messing with people who make your food. Yes I know this mostly applies to the actual sit down restaurant industry and not so much fast food itself, but whose to say if you piss off a McDonalds cashier that he won't go to the person making your food and convincing them to give you a "special order"? Just don't do it. Problem solved.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #64
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
You won't ever have a problem with the people who work at McDonalds if you follow the simple philosophy of never messing with people who make your food. Yes I know this mostly applies to the actual sit down restaurant industry and not so much fast food itself, but whose to say if you piss off a McDonalds cashier that he won't go to the person making your food and convincing them to give you a "special order"? Just don't do it. Problem solved.
God the horror stories. The chicks bathing in the sink at KFC, some dude flicking boogers and snot on the pizza deliveries at Dominos.

And the movie Waiting.

I'm surprised I still have the nerve to eat at restaurants/carryouts anymore.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
God the horror stories. The chicks bathing in the sink at KFC, some dude flicking boogers and snot on the pizza deliveries at Dominos.

And the movie Waiting.

I'm surprised I still have the nerve to eat at restaurants/carryouts anymore.
Don't forget Still Waiting either, another good example. Both of those movies were pretty good. Butyeah excellent point. Honestly it doesn't bother me when I go out to eat at restaurants, mainly because I'm always nice to my server, and if they give me good service I have no problem giving them a good tip. I know what it's like to work a shit job you hate too, so I understand their predicament.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #66
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Like my 6th grade gym teacher always said: "If you are gonna pick a fight with someone, make sure it is someone that you can beat, because when you get your butt whipped, we will have no sympathy for you."

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #67
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Like my 6th grade gym teacher always said: "If you are gonna pick a fight with someone, make sure it is someone that you can beat, because when you get your butt whipped, we will have no sympathy for you."
And that's why I hit girls.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #68
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

^^ and kick puppies.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #69
firstdown
Living Legend

We have a Wal Mart that has a McDonalds and a built in jail.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
My Walmart has a Subway in it. For some reason it's a very mild mannered place where everybody smiles and dances like they're in The Sound of Music. Coincidence?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #71
mlmpetert
Playmaker

McDonalds and Wal Mart are actually 2 of my favorite places. I eat a whole lot better then i used to but i still have to have McDonalds every so often. And Wal Mart is just great.

I went yesterday during lunch and i got oil and a filter for my car, vitamins, trash bags and laundry detergent. Obviously i had to check out their sweet tshirt selection and had difficulty passing up their roll back price of 2.50 for a bottle of wine (currently working on a box of Peter Vella's Cabernet Savignon). The one close to work doesnt have a McDonalds for some reason but if it did i could do my shopping while eating a hot fudge sunday, and if theres a different cashier when im ready to leave ill sometimes get a second sunday to cap off my shopping experience while on the drive home.

I agree 100% with Snake, but i think you got to treat everyone that you temporarily transact with, with respect. I always make sure i try and engage the cashiers at walmart or if i go to McDonalds a second time i might say something to the girl like do you guys have hot fudge sundays, as if i just didnt order it. Sometimes people dont want to talk and i completely understand, but saying hi, thank you and treating people with respect that you need to work with in order to complete a purchase is just common decency.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #72
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
My Walmart has a Subway in it. For some reason it's a very mild mannered place where everybody smiles and dances like they're in The Sound of Music. Coincidence?
Subway isn't safe either!

I haven't heard of Fire in the Hole in some years now, but its wildly popular on Youtube. There's plenty of vids.

And now the new thing to do is... Coning apparently? Although its not criminal, you smash an ice cream cone into your head. Apparently this is what the kids do for fun nowadays.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #73
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The playplace isnt a jail.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #74
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
And that's why I hit girls.
Everyone has their own reasons.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #75
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

DRave, I guess I should thank my lucky stars there are no known Subway drive thrus in NoVa, at least that I know of. But that is pretty crazy. I remember Fire in the Hole from back in the day as well, that was actually pretty funny, although I'm sure it sucked for the cashiers lol. Coning is so lame. Idk whether it's a my generation vs. younger generation thing, but really? Kids today. 'Nuff said.