Are You Ready to be a Dad?

Parking Lot

Old 10-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #61
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Re: Are You Ready to be a Dad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Cute boy and my daughter knew the skins logo at the same age. I see sears does not make any money off you. LOL/JK
Thanks first and artmonk. They got a hold of my wife and I when she was pregnant. We used to go every 3 months but now we're on the good ol Birthday Plan ! And whenever my sister and wife plan a freaking family picture day. We bought the little club membership crap and all that. Oh my my my. I'm about to start setting up the ol iPhone and taking the family photos that way ! Save some beer money !

WAY TO LEAVE IT IN SMOOT ! CONGRATS !!!!!!!!

I'm sure you will do a great job !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #62
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Awesome! Congratulations man!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #63
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, I wasn't totally honest when I started this thread. But I'll be honest now. The truth is that I did and still do have all the questions I asked. And I'm nervous and I don't know if I'm ready.

What I didn't tell you was that I'm going to have to be ready by the spring because that's when we're expecting our first child. So ready or not, here comes SmootDad

It's already been agreed that in 2029 I will re-sign as a mod here and Li'l Smoot will be promoted to moderator...or Matty will pay him/her $1 million (adjusted for inflation)

(For my FB friends here please refrain from posting anything there as I still have some relatives to notify. Thanks!)
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #64
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Well, I wasn't totally honest when I started this thread. But I'll be honest now. The truth is that I did and still do have all the questions I asked. And I'm nervous and I don't know if I'm ready.

What I didn't tell you was that I'm going to have to be ready by the spring because that's when we're expecting our first child. So ready or not, here comes SmootDad

It's already been agreed that in 2029 I will re-sign as a mod here and Li'l Smoot will be promoted to moderator...or Matty will pay him/her $1 million (adjusted for inflation)

(For my FB friends here please refrain from posting anything there as I still have some relatives to notify. Thanks!)
Congrats, SS. It appears I'm going to be experiencing the same event at the same time. My wife is due April 5th. I'm apparently going to be a father for the first time at the age of 42. Good lord . . .
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #65
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
Congrats, SS. It appears I'm going to be experiencing the same event at the same time. My wife is due April 5th. I'm apparently going to be a father for the first time at the age of 42. Good lord . . .

Congrads to you too man! My son was born on 4/7, good time of year to have a baby. Weather is till kind of crappy when you are stuck in the house but then by summer the little bugger is ready to go out.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #66
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Wow, congrats to you as well. At 43, with my 3 kids entering the teens, I can imagine how exciting (and tiring) your time will be!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #67
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Nice! End of April for us
Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #68
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Wow. Congrats...April will be here before you know it.

Good luck, you'll do fine. We all feel some nervousness before the child actually arrives, but it will all disappear the first time you see the kid, and your fatherly instincts to provide and protect will kick in.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #69
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Congrats Smoot!

I just found out a week ago that my wife and I are going to be expecting this June. We've been together for 7 years and really put this off until we thought the time was right...I am very excited.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Congrats Smoot!

I just found out a week ago that my wife and I are going to be expecting this June. We've been together for 7 years and really put this off until we thought the time was right...I am very excited.
Congratulations!

I actually found out yesterday also that four of my wife's cousins (well in two cases their wife) are expecting too in the spring...something in the water I guess
Old 10-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #71
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Congratulations!

I actually found out yesterday also that four of my wife's cousins (well in two cases their wife) are expecting too in the spring...something in the water I guess
Crazy.

Regarding your earlier post... we've decided that my wife will stay home once she has the child, at least for the first 2-3 years. We're fortunate that we are able to easily get by (with a little behavior modification) on my salary alone. I have no idea what childcare costs in your area but i've heard rumors of $200-300/ week which i think sounds impossibly high. I think once you subtract the cost of childcare and commuting from the salary of whomever is thinking of staying home, you get a better idea of what makes more sense.

Thomas Paine
Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #72
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Congratulations!

It wasn't the water. It was that we all found the most pleasant and effective way to kill time while waiting for football season to begin.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #73
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
It wasn't the water. It was that we all found the most pleasant and effective way to kill time while waiting for football season to begin.
This should be an NFL commercial.

Thomas Paine
Old 10-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #74
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
This should be an NFL commercial.
Create the next NFL superstar..."Pro-create"! All offseason only on NFLN!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Congratulations!

Just found out now it's 5 cousins. Three of us got married in the same month. Now we're due the same month