The Workplace

Parking Lot

Old 05-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #61
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: The Workplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
WC is a nightmare, claims go on forever, the medical providers are corupt, and the attorneys are ambulance chasers. Spitzer pushed through a lot of legislation before he left but the system still needs a lot of work.
yup we dont touch em anymore.

matty i have a lil secret for you. doctors reduce their bills to the client after we settle and you cut the check. lol like you dont know that already thoo. but thats it, thats the only unwritten trick we have.

FD - your probably ref to CPT codes, which as collusus touches on, the more CPT codes a client/patient has, the more a computer printout shows the injuries and treatment, the more they will get paid.

we used to write out the treatments rec'd in our demands but found that adjusters werent reading and considering every treatment all the time. with CPT codes, the adjuster just plugs in the codes or counts them and the adjuster has a full data-code driven idea of the treatment. is my understanding of this correct?

so freakin ready to blow a hole thru the door and get outta here. co workers are dropping like flies.

Advertisements
Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #62
MTK
\m/

The Workplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown

Does the system in NY require getting pre approvals and the use of codes for ever procedure done on a patient?
Any treatment over $1000 requires pre-auth. The CPT codes are required for billing purposes only.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #63
saden1
MVP

Oh and what's up with women wanting the heat turned up in the workplace? It's 77 degrees up in this bitch.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #64
dmek25
MVP

saden, you crack me up
Old 05-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #65
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Oh and what's up with women wanting the heat turned up in the workplace? It's 77 degrees up in this bitch.
I used to work in a bank with all women and I fought with them every day over the damn A/C. They liked it stifling hot. I loved it when customers complained because I could turn to the women and say see, it's too damn hot in here.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #66
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Seriously. Girls like it way too hot. We have one girl in my house, and she turned the freaking HEAT on. My room is always way hotter than the rest and I like it COLLLDDDD.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #67
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

cant live with 'em
cant kill 'em
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #68
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm guessing its been a few years sense you have done any auto claims because that system is pretty common today.

After thinking about it I'm very surprised that you don't have some type of program as a guide as to what should be paid to doctors and others providing a service. How do you know when a doctor is charging the correct amount when you get a customers bill?
yep.. bro in law's family got out of ins work at their body shop because of the requirements and fees from the computerized systems.. restorations mostly now
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #69
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm guessing its been a few years sense you have done any auto claims because that system is pretty common today.

After thinking about it I'm very surprised that you don't have some type of program as a guide as to what should be paid to doctors and others providing a service. How do you know when a doctor is charging the correct amount when you get a customers bill?
It's called a billing dept., and they use what's called the NY W/C Fee Schedule. There are agreed upon rates for every code.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #70
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Is it not very obvious that you don't grill someone for answers when you see them eating lunch at their desk? Sometimes I wish I could just say "mother fucker, don't you see I'm eating my lunch?"

I got co-workers that like to talk about their hobbies a lot. Just because I have a bike doesn't mean I want to hear about you working on a customizing your bike almost every fucking day.

Oh and saying "your moma" out of nowhere and out of context is totally retarded...especially if the co-worker you're saying it to is in his mid 40's.

</rant-complete>
Got to agree with you here, this drives me fucking nuts. Like, I have a fork in my goddamned hand, what is so fucking complicated? It's even better when they walk up on you start asking their questions, and then go, "oh, you're eating lunch, sorry to interrupt" and continue on interrupting. I wait til their finished, then look them dead in the eye for about 20-30 seconds, long enough to be a good uncomfortable silence, and then answer their question before turning back to my lunch without waiting for them to ask follow ups... I

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #71
johno
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #72
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I got a big scare at the office today (which is where I still am and I think I'm about to lose my mind)....

For a couple of hours our company's IT people had a ton of websites on lockdown. I obviously couldn't check my yahoo fantasy baseball team but I also couldn't check my Yahoo email. I couldn't get on the Post's sports page or log onto my second home, The Warpath. I couldn't get onto a client's website since it's a retail store. Basically I couldn't get anywhere, except for espn.com, which was weird.

I can understand the fantasy sports websites and ebay, amazon, etc. but Yahoo email? Our company handbook specifically says it is ok to check person email accounts from company computers as long as it doesn't interfere with work.

Anyway, all back to normal... for now.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #73
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I got a big scare at the office today (which is where I still am and I think I'm about to lose my mind)....

For a couple of hours our company's IT people had a ton of websites on lockdown. I obviously couldn't check my yahoo fantasy baseball team but I also couldn't check my Yahoo email. I couldn't get on the Post's sports page or log onto my second home, The Warpath. I couldn't get onto a client's website since it's a retail store. Basically I couldn't get anywhere, except for espn.com, which was weird.

I can understand the fantasy sports websites and ebay, amazon, etc. but Yahoo email? Our company handbook specifically says it is ok to check person email accounts from company computers as long as it doesn't interfere with work.

Anyway, all back to normal... for now.
LOL...your civil rights have been violated...call the justice department.

-Jenkins
Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #74
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
LOL...your civil rights have been violated...call the justice department.
I know it's not a big deal but this kind of thing really pisses me off. Our company was hit hard because of the economy, just like everyone else, so this is one of those little things that just makes you say "seriously, this is what our corporate office is worried about?"
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #75
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I know it's not a big deal but this kind of thing really pisses me off. Our company was hit hard because of the economy, just like everyone else, so this is one of those little things that just makes you say "seriously, this is what our corporate office is worried about?"
Did they have a virus scare? Our network has been on shutdown a few times cause some dumbass had a an infected VMWare image and IT couldn't locate it.

-Jenkins