Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Signing Ochocinco: Te gusta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I mean realistically we're not built to win now. However, getting Griffin the best targets especially now as a rookie is wise, right? Help build his confidence w/ early success. Randy Moss would fit the mold as an awesome possession WR and end zone target. Burress to a lesser extent than Moss but still worth brining in. Ocho also to a lesser extent than Moss but worth bringing into camp IMO. What if he decides brings his A game, studies hard and plays lights out...wouldn't it be worth it?
I don't really agree. I think Moss and Cooley (let's assume for now both stay) are proven receivers for RGIII. While Morgan and Garcon aren't slouches. Then you add some up and comers in Paul, Hankerson, and possibly Robinson.

Let RGIII grow with these guys and let those guys grow with RGIII.

I gotta say for someone who so frequently blasted Vinny's approach I find that you're essentially advocating the same approach. I understand that you're not talking about trading multiple picks for Ocho, but you're still talking about going for the probably past his prime veteran for the quick fix

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #62
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No No No to OCHO
Old 06-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #63
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't really agree. I think Moss and Cooley (let's assume for now both stay) are proven receivers for RGIII. While Morgan and Garcon aren't slouches. Then you add some up and comers in Paul, Hankerson, and possibly Robinson.

I gotta say for someone who so frequently blasted Vinny's approach I find that you're essentially advocating the same approach. I understand that you're not talking about trading multiple picks for Ocho, but you're still talking about going for the probably past his prime veteran for the quick fix
Couldn't disagree more w/ this. In fact I think the current FO is closer to Vinny's approach in regard to the Garcon signing. I understand he's an up and comer w/ potential...so we paid big money for potential rather than proven quantities. Randy Moss, Burress or Ocho are all low risk/low dollar/ potential high reward type signings.

Cooley is wait and see and Tana is money in the endzone but a small target. I think Fred is our only big end zone threat right now short of Garcon, Morgan or Hank breaking into that role. I give those three guys altogether about a 25% probability of growing into the end zone target we need. Randy Moss or Burress (still) would be a great addition for Griffin.

In other words, by all probability I highly, highly doubt we have the "final" tools Griffin will need to be elite at the pro level. Why not keep looking?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #64
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Reggie Wayne didn't play last year?

Interesting.
Whats more interesting is I can't for the life of me understand why I thought I heard the Colts #1 WR was injured which gave Garcon more playing time and another reason he put up such good numbers last year only.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #65
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Case closed. And Im not being racist sinces he's Hispanic and all so save it liberals.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #66
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Case closed. And Im not being racist sinces he's Hispanic and all so save it liberals.
Wait what?
Old 06-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #67
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
When has Randy Moss ever been a possession WR? The guy knows one route, go deep.
Well he possesses the ball right? Possession of the ball = possession wr.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #68
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Well he possesses the ball right? Possession of the ball = possession wr.
Wrong. He is inhabited by devils and therefore is a possession receiver.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 06-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #69
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Whats more interesting is I can't for the life of me understand why I thought I heard the Colts #1 WR was injured which gave Garcon more playing time and another reason he put up such good numbers last year only.
Garcon stepped up for the Colts last year. He had a good season. His stats didn't win him any pro bowl votes but he truly contributed in the Colts passing game.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #70
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Garcon stepped up for the Colts last year. He had a good season. His stats didn't win him any pro bowl votes but he truly contributed in the Colts passing game.
If you talk to Goat he is no better than a 3rd option

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #71
Mechanix544
The Starter

Yeah, well............Sorry, but if we paid about 45million to bring a guy in here to catch a ball, then he is the #1 wide receiver. Garcon is our number one, I have a feeling moss will be the #2, with morgan being the #3. I wish Hankerson could step in right away, and take the #2, or even the #1 title away from either of those guys, you know, all in the spirit of a home grown, home drafted guy becoming an All star and whatever...........But I doubt it happens this year. Garcon is the best receiver on the team as of right now, and he is getting paid as such. Until someone on our roster completely dismisses any doubt that they are the go to guy in the passing game, look for the trio of Garcon, Moss and Morgan to start the year, with a little Hankerson sprinkled in now and then to keep him ahead of the power curve.

BTW, I am really hoping Hankerson goes all crazy and becomes our premier WR, but it seems that the staff is playing that one cautiously, and that probably is the best answer for right now. He has a good core of vets to learn from and develop, let it happen. No need for additional dramas and troublemakers on the team, we have solid WR's this year, for the first time in a long time. We do not need a prima donna to rub off on our young guys like Hank, Austin and Garcon.

I'll say it like this. This WR grouping we have going into this season is far and away the best group of guys we have had in a long while. (having RG3 throwing to them doesnt hurt either, but, just on their own talent, they are the best we have had in a long while)
Old 06-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #72
r08kessl
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Couldn't disagree more w/ this. In fact I think the current FO is closer to Vinny's approach in regard to the Garcon signing. I understand he's an up and comer w/ potential...so we paid big money for potential rather than proven quantities. Randy Moss, Burress or Ocho are all low risk/low dollar/ potential high reward type signings.

Cooley is wait and see and Tana is money in the endzone but a small target. I think Fred is our only big end zone threat right now short of Garcon, Morgan or Hank breaking into that role. I give those three guys altogether about a 25% probability of growing into the end zone target we need. Randy Moss or Burress (still) would be a great addition for Griffin.

In other words, by all probability I highly, highly doubt we have the "final" tools Griffin will need to be elite at the pro level. Why not keep looking?
By low risk you mean a bunch of divas with a tendency toward unloading firearms into their own extremities who would present an overwhelming distraction on a team that has had FAR too many distractions over the years (Haynesworth, Mcnabb, drug suspensions, etc, etc, etc)?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #73
CapitalDefense

Meet a Real Girl For Free on Zoosk Fastest Growing Date Site-Join Now!
www.zoosk.com/Dating
Old 06-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #74
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitaldefense View Post
meet a real girl for free on zoosk fastest growing date site-join now!
www.zoosk.com/dating
wtf!?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #75
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
Meet a Real Girl For Free on Zoosk Fastest Growing Date Site-Join Now!
www.zoosk.com/Dating
The terrorists have won.