Advertisements
Old 11-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Again, not what im talking about.
Okay, well, if you're just going to bullshit us, then why post?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #63
rbanerjee23
The Starter

I really hope that everyone who was in the dump Campbell for Cutler camp are seeing what he is doing and realizing that he would have been a worthless addition to the Redskins, right now it doesn't matter who u put behind the line, they will suck because the line is so god awful.

Fix the line >> keep campbell/get new qb, wont make a difference until the line is fixed

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #64
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Okay, well, if you're just going to bullshit us, then why post?
Im not the one posting bullshit clips of the target looking at JC like i said the majority of the time is the case. not 1 vid showed any anticipation that you claimed happens every game.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #65
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

I'm just thankful the Redskins didn't give up all their draft choices in 2010 plus Campbell to get Cutler.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #66
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think the Portis clip doesn't show anticipation. Portis is running straight line, Campbell scrambling and forces it in. But the Giants Cooley TD, Campbell releases when Cooley is still at the 5 yard line, has not looked back, nor made his cut.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

DB by the time the ball reaches a receiver they always should be looking, obviously. The question I think you are talking about is when Campbell releases in relation to the person he is throwing the ball too. Really, Campbell, like many qb's has to trust his receivers alot or else he hesitates. That's why he hits Cooley in stride, but is a second behind other WR's. Great qbs, like Favre, Manning, Brady all develop that trust with their wide receivers quickly, and also communicate to the WR's at the time of the play what they should do next time. That's how qb's make receivers great.

On a related note:
Can anyone remember a time when you saw Campbell and a WR talking during a game about what the DBs are doing? I am sure they must, but just doesn't seem like I see it ever.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #68
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I don't understand why people can't accept the fact that having Cutler here in the situation we are in, would be just as bad as having Campbell. This is by no means a defense on Campbell's behalf, it's more an indictment on the state of our offense and the coaches. Anyone who says "I'll take Cutler over Campbell anytime" is just not seeing the bigger picture...we can't have a decent QB under center if the line can't protect him or allow for even a decent running game.

Green Bay right now is 4-4, because their QB can't get a pass off; Chicago is 4-5. Very few teams can win with a crappy ass offensive line. Add to that an aging runningback running on fumes, terrible receivers, and a bend-but-don't break defense, and you have the Washington Redskins.

So, no, I don't want Cutler right here and right now, because we don't have the offense that would allow Cutler or any other QB (save Manning, Brady, and Brees) to win.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Number one, I think you'd have to say, objectively, that the Redskins OL is the perfect blend of poor coaching, under-talented, and injury ridded, and that there's probably no unit quite as bad as it. But there are a bunch of other teams in this league who are in a similiar situation because of their poor OL play.

Tampa and Chicago absolutely have better receivers than we do. Ours are probably the worst group in the league (St. Louis is close if not just as bad, though). It boggles the mind how people can think that our receiving corps aren't the worst they've ever been. It's quite common knowledge among NFL defensive coordinators: just go man to man and they won't have a chance. A lot of teams have bad OLs, but the WRs are where we really get hurt because most teams have figured out that even if you can't block em, you can still run routes and hit open guys.

And then there's problems with the offensive backfield here as well, of course. Those are realtively recent issues: Campbell's ball security and decision making, Portis being a non-contributor, and Sellers has been awful.

It obviously "starts" with the problems that go back to last year. By definition, that's how this mess started. So that's what it starts with.
How can you say that with such certainty?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #70
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
He's Jeff George 2.0.. Tools that will make you drool but his talent and decision making fall well short of the level of his bravado.
That's exactly what I was thinking. He is Jeff George 2.0, on some days he's brilliant, on most days indecision. redzone inefficiency and interceptions seems to get the better of him.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #71
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

In Cutlers defense his WR's can't get open for sh*t. The TE was the only one who could get open all night. To bad they gave up 2 number ones and won't be able to draft any receivers in the first round for the next 2 years. Time to bring in T.O!
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #72
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
DB by the time the ball reaches a receiver they always should be looking, obviously. The question I think you are talking about is when Campbell releases in relation to the person he is throwing the ball too. Really, Campbell, like many qb's has to trust his receivers alot or else he hesitates. That's why he hits Cooley in stride, but is a second behind other WR's. Great qbs, like Favre, Manning, Brady all develop that trust with their wide receivers quickly, and also communicate to the WR's at the time of the play what they should do next time. That's how qb's make receivers great.

On a related note:
Can anyone remember a time when you saw Campbell and a WR talking during a game about what the DBs are doing? I am sure they must, but just doesn't seem like I see it ever.
Excellent question! I can't remember seeing it.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #73
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

On a related note:
I've seen him talk to the young receivers quite a bit...never seem him talk to that POS Moss or ARE.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #74
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You and me both. I have Palmer and Cutler as my Fantasy QB's - Two weeks ago, I started Cutler he puts up ~10 and Palmer on the bench puts up 35. Last week, I start Palmer and he puts up ~10 and Cutler puts up 25. This week start Cutler b/c Palmer is playing the Steelers and he gets - 3 (and my opponent has Gore who put up 14).

Expect Palmer to have a huge day against the Steelers.

Shoot dude, I am screwed on my fantasy team. I got McNabb and Ryan. Both are stinking up the joint. Both cost me the playoffs probably, along with Portis.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #75
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
He's Jeff George 2.0.. Tools that will make you drool but his talent and decision making fall well short of the level of his bravado. I think he's always going to be a guy who looks like he's about to turn the corner and then pull out a stinker like this. Like the old cliche, he's good enough to keep both teams in the game.
Pretty much sums up my opinion on Cutler. The guy handled the Matt Cassel trade scenario with total immaturity. I'm glad that we didn't shell out future first rounders for this guy.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote