Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Round 4 Pick?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: With the 5th pick in the 4th Round, The Washington Redskins select...
Everson Griffen * DE * USC 3 4.84%
Bruce Campbell * T * Maryland 44 70.97%
Jonathan Dwyer * RB * Georgia Tech 2 3.23%
Ricky Sapp * DE * Clemson 2 3.23%
Aaron Hernandez * TE * Florida 0 0%
Other (Please elaborate in Comments) 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Round 4 Pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Giants just got Phillip Dillard ILB from Nebraska....If we wanted one, we should have gotten that guy...who do you think is better at drafting defensive talent?
Skins or the Giants....hmmm....his issues were injury related
Well we really don't know how well this FO drafts, since they have no record together. As for the Giants, I can't really say I would be happy by their draft if I was a Giants fan. How much of their resources the past 2 years has been spent on front 7. Too much in my opinion.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #62
SeanTaylor21SKINS
Camp Scrub

Right now this is how the line shapes up according to Chris Foerster...

Artis Hicks at RT
Mike Williams at RG
Casey Rabach at C
Doc at LG
Trent Williams at LT

Article below...

washingtonpost.com
Old 04-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #63
Mc2guy
Special Teams

^ I think Boswell said it well in his column Friday. The skins are headed in the right direction, but adding McNabb and a couple of draft picks isn't going to make this team a contender overnight...it's going to require patience and time.

The pick makes sense if you think Riley was the best potential ILB on the board to supplement Fletcher and Blades. We need more depth there in a 3-4 alignment, so I can see the need.

Boswell indicated 7-9 as a realistic goal this year given our strength of schedule
Mc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #64
LandrySlice
Special Teams

I still can't believe we didint grab another OL player, but I am really putting my trust in this new FO, so I like it I guess!?!?!?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #65
skinsnut
Playmaker

The reason I am pissed is now we still have unresolved RT issues...would Bruce Campbell have started? probably not...but could midway through the season...the other advantage of a guy like this is his is very fast and could arguably also be a solid backup LT after a year or so...Campbell should be a starting RT in a year.

Now we are still stuck with Heyer at RT and that new guy Artis Hicks...who is really a Guard...but that cant be a viable solution.

PLAN B:
now we will have to trade a player or 2 for Jammal Brown...which wouldn't be bad at all but he is 29 and will cost a ton of cash and a good amount of talent loss in personnel...then Trent Williams can play RT for a while.

PLAN C:
OR...we go after old scraps like Flozell Adams to play RT....this is looking more likely now
Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #66
SBXVII
Franchise Player

[quote=skinsnut;693809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I was just going to ask if the Skins thought he would not get drafted or would fall farther down. Again my only concern was the experts said he doesn't bend his knees and gets beat because of it. He would have to work on that as well as learn to block from the other side. That might have been a stretch for him. But I would have prefered they take an actual RT over Riley.

They must be happy with the thought of using the other Tackles we have on the right side.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?
How hard is it to teach technique at the pro level....UGH...

and regarding who is RT....exactly.

Maybe I am making more out of the LT/RT position. I look at it as if I'm a right handed boxer. I jab with my left, throw the heavy punch with my rigth. Then all of a sudden someone wants me to box left handed. I have to change my stance, change my jab, and build up my heavy punch. Plus learn the play calls. It just sound difficult to me.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #67
SeanTaylor21SKINS
Camp Scrub

Quote:
The reason I am pissed is now we still have unresolved RT issues...would Bruce Campbell have started? probably not...but could midway through the season...the other advantage of a guy like this is his is very fast and could arguably also be a solid backup LT after a year or so...Campbell should be a starting RT in a year.

Now we are still stuck with Heyer at RT and that new guy Artis Hicks...who is really a Guard...but that cant be a viable solution.

PLAN B:
now we will have to trade a player or 2 for Jammal Brown...which wouldn't be bad at all but he is 29 and will cost a ton of cash and a good amount of talent loss in personnel...then Trent Williams can play RT for a while.

PLAN C:
OR...we go after old scraps like Flozell Adams to play RT....this is looking more likely now

Artis Hicks is RT according to Chris Forester.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21SKINS View Post
Right now this is how the line shapes up according to Chris Foerster...

Artis Hicks at RT
Mike Williams at RG
Casey Rabach at C
Doc at LG
Trent Williams at LT
I really think that is a solid upgrade from last year, but since this FO has brought competition to every other position, I don't see how we are done adding to this line, both in the draft, by UDFA's and FA. Yes this does sound eerily similar, but I think the difference is that the previous FO tried to pinpoint one player and say that's our guy, MS is working on building a team. The actions may look similar, but the plan and the end product hopefully are vastly different.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I can't believe we passed on Bruce Campbell...now we need to trade away a player to get a decent OT, either that or get an old castoff....we could have been set at oline for years and they pick a no name olb?
They needed to strike gold...that had it in their hands and blew it.
Im pissed!
I watch a lot of MD football and BC was not a very consistent player. If not for his impressive combine numbers you're talking about another Stephon Heyer. If he can reach his potential then it's a great pick for Oakland.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #70
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well we really don't know how well this FO drafts, since they have no record together. As for the Giants, I can't really say I would be happy by their draft if I was a Giants fan. How much of their resources the past 2 years has been spent on front 7. Too much in my opinion.
I'm fairly certain that most of the college scouting department is the same as in the Vinny days. Bruce Allen would certainly have to depend on their judgement for late draft picks. I don't think we have done too well beyond the 2nd round with this crew...ok...a squirel found a nut with Horton once and Golston was good, but the other 20 or so later picks the last 5 years have generally not panned out.

Please correct me if I am wrong regarding the college scouts.
Where is Smootsmack when you need him?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #71
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Right now we have....

Blades
Bowen
Fletcher
Gatewood
Henson
Orakpo
Young
and now Riley
Railey played with Landry At LSU. He looks to be a inside guy. Runs well for a big guy from side line to side line. Good hitter that strikes well when tackling. So so in the pass but will not be asked a great deal if he useed inside in a 3-4. Strong point- has a nose for the ball and get through traffic. Looks to be a strong special teams guy! Sounds a lot Blades!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #72
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
^ I think Boswell said it well in his column Friday. The skins are headed in the right direction, but adding McNabb and a couple of draft picks isn't going to make this team a contender overnight...it's going to require patience and time.

The pick makes sense if you think Riley was the best potential ILB on the board to supplement Fletcher and Blades. We need more depth there in a 3-4 alignment, so I can see the need.

Boswell indicated 7-9 as a realistic goal this year given our strength of schedule
Sounds about right. Vinny and Dan S just killed this team. I am not a fan of the 3-4 and you need a beast at NT for it to work well. Pluse 4 strong fast LB's. I hate to say this but the O might be better then the D for first 8 games of the season!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #73
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21SKINS View Post
Artis Hicks is RT according to Chris Forester.
Technically he is a guard according to the roster...he basically plays every position....ya know...an ideal backup. However, I have not seen him play yet...is he servicable...probably...but so was Heyer...I was hoping for a more legitamate starter, either long term with training or someone that is a legit starter now...not some journeyman.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #74
SeanTaylor21SKINS
Camp Scrub

Perry Riley's Combine:

NFL Videos: 2010 Combine workout: Perry Riley

Some of his highlights:

Perry Riley, LB - Yahoo! Sports
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #75
SeanTaylor21SKINS
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Technically he is a guard according to the roster...he basically plays every position....ya know...an ideal backup. However, I have not seen him play yet...is he servicable...probably...but so was Heyer...I was hoping for a more legitamate starter, either long term with training or someone that is a legit starter now...not some journeyman.

Yeah it'd be great to have a more legitimate starter, but Hicks has had some big time experience including starting in a Superbowl... The O-Line will definitely be better this year.