Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chris Cooley for a 1st and a 3rd -- would you do it?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #61
Monksdown
The Starter

Re: Chris Cooley for a 1st and a 3rd -- would you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddavisbro86 View Post
wow alot of fred davis haters i see, its cool u havent even seen what he can do - when used properly youll see hatersss
Hey Fred- when running a 5 yard out to pick up a 1st on a 3rd and 4. How about running the route past the 1st yard marker you scared bitch.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #62
redskin37
Special Teams

Do the same with Portis and Moss and rebuild the whole thing.
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #63
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Tough question. My head says we need those picks, but it also says Cooley is one of our most productive guys on the offense (despite not catching a pass last week.) My heart says there is no way I would ever give up Chris Cooley as I think he is the closest to being a core Redskin as you can get.

Interesting that you mentioned the tight ends from Gibbs I. Don Warren and Clint Didier were solid players, with Clint being more of a pass receiving tight end than Don Warren. I don't believe I could compare them to Fred Davis or Todd Yoder. The verdict is still out for Fred Davis, but there is a large drop off of talent after Chris Cooley.

If I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that the 'skins were getting solid players with those picks, then I'd probably, painfully say go through it. But, I would rather keep Cooley and build the offensive up around him. Get rid of this stupid WCO.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If there is a GM more aweful than Vinny that would consider this of giving 1st and 3rd to us, absolutely. Face it, the offense is gonna be in a major rebuilding mode beginning next year (or it should be). 1st and 3rd would work wonders and Cooley deserves a better team to play for.

We will have a coach next year with an established offensive resume. We will have a new quarterback. We will have at least 2 new starting O-linemen(we need 3). We need a new running back. God, I hate to say it, but we need a new reciever. Cooley isnt going to take this team to the playoffs, TEs never do. So if someone is stupid enough to even give us a 1st, id take it.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #65
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If there was some organization that wished to make that offer I'd take it in a heart beat. I imagine casual fans would have a huge problem with it. Loosing a face of the franchise.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

If there weren't any cap ramifications, I'd trade Portis.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #67
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Retarded thread. Why in the hell would we trade by far our best offensive player for draft picks? Makes no damn sense.

Now if you say we should Carlos Roger, Santana Moss or Laron Landry....then we're talking. But Cooley? Hell no.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #68
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

1st and a 3rd, YES id do it. Thats 2 number 1's we can use on Olinemen and then we can get CP's replacement in the 2nd.or in the late first depending on who is available.

its not like he is helping us now anyways with our QB's getting pushed around in the pocket.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #69
ethat001
Impact Rookie

I would do it in a heartbeat. What good is a pro-bowl TE if he just FREAKING BLOCKS!! We need an O-line (LT) MUCH MORE than a TE. In fact, he's a liability blocking anyway. Think about this: our o-line scored -4 points over the last weeks, and Cooley: 0 points. Plus, we drafted his back-up.

I say also trade away Moss, Portis, and Carter - if we get good value for any of them. As I said in another thread - they're old and their value peaks this year. Sure, we dismantle our team - but honestly can our offense get any WORSE?? We scored SIX POINTS on the league's WORST defense.

Instead We NEED to replace our O-line. Good LT's are first rounders. We also need an RT, which could be a later draft or FA. Any RB and QB looks great with a good O-line.

Unfortunately, I be we'll trade for a free agent LT and trade away our 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks to someone like the Patriots. Sigh.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #70
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If there weren't any cap ramifications, I'd trade Portis.
For now, I would bench him and start Mason. We have nothing to lose, while we are at it cut ARE and have Mitchell play.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #71
Defensewins
Playmaker

Nobody would give us a 1 and 3 for Cooley.
But if a team did offer it, you take it. We are not one or two players away from being a superbowl team. We are one of the worst and oldest teams in the NFL.
This team needs a lot to be good again. Those extra picks would go along way to rebuilding this team.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #72
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Nobody would give us a 1 and 3 for Cooley.
But if a team did offer it, you take it. We are not one or two players away from being a superbowl team. We are one of the worst and oldest teams in the NFL.
This team needs a lot to be good again. Those extra picks would go along way to rebuilding this team.
Why do you take that deal outright? Given the dysfunction of our FO, we would likely blow both picks, and be left without our most consistent offensive player. As I said earlier in the thread, Fred Davis could learn a lot watching Cooley get yards after the catch today by RUNNING THROUGH TACKLES instead of by leaving his feet, which seems to be Davis's favorite move the few chances he gets.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #73
rypper11
The Starter

Chris Cooley is the only player on the offense I'd say no to. If I was Vinny I'd call every team tonight with a fire sale offer. Everyone else must go!
I would be very surprised if more than 2 or 3 of this year's opening day starters are starters here next year anyway so you might as well get something for them.
A 4th for Betts, Kelly or Thomas? A 3rd for any of the guys who started on the OLine this week? A 2nd for Portis or Moss? A 3rd for JC?
Let's try and give the next coach as many picks as possible (to go along with that top 4 first round selection).
Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 AM   #74
freddavisbro86
Camp Scrub

i think the playcalling change may help we'll have to see- i think the eagles coming in next would be great to get start for them turning this thing around- raiders got the best of the eagles we'll see
freddavisbro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 AM   #75
skins89moss
Playmaker

Cooley is the only player on offense that we should not Trade. He was a 3rd pick that is a throw back player who brings his game every Sunday. Our front office can not be trusted to draft the best players with the picks so why get picks if they might blow it. If VC goes and they bring in a proven GM then talk to me later. Cooley untouchable every other offense player lets talk.