Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #61
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

Khalif Barnes would be a Vinny type move and a steal for the Raiders. Barnes is horrible, he seems to hold on every play and is also a hot head notorious for stupid penalties. Don't make that trade.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 07-30-2012 at 02:36 PM.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #62
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Barnes is horrible, he seems to hold on every play and is also a hot head notorious for stupid penalties. Don't make that trade.
Maybe, but he would still be an upgrade from Jammal Brown.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #63
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
but 7 out of 7 days I'll take Garcon over Winston if we had to choose one or the other. First because as solid as he is Winston is coming off of off-season ankle surgery (I understand it was minor), wanted one of the biggest contracts ever for a RT and his strength is run blocking (we are not a run heavy team). And also because I tend to think a top flight WR is more important than a RT.
Well since we're rehashing.
I would have happily paid Winston 4 for $22 million he would have turned an area of weakness into an area of strength.
Run or pass Winston has been one of the best: Eric Winston Hits the Market. Really? | ProFootballFocus.com

Imo QB success is linked to the quality of the OL and especially for rookie QB who typically are even more dependent upon pass protection.
People look at Cam's success and forget how good his OL was, Cam had all day back there.
Imo the quality of play at the point of attack is the easiest/surest way to ensure success or failure.

And this isn't a slight against Garcon, I think he's gonna be a good player.
But, I think the development of a franchise QB begins inside out.
In year 1 having solid OL/pass protection is more important then upgrading the WR corps.
Also, I think there was greater depth in the WR market place then there was in the RT.

I like the potential of our young OL/RT and at this stage I would rather go with what we got then chase after Barnes or a Barnes like player.
Forester just knows going in that RT might be an area that needs help schematically but how different would that be from when Jammal Brown was starting?

Last edited by 30gut; 07-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #64
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
That's fantastic one of the best posts in 2012
I think it would have been like the Hershal Walker trade was for the Cowboys.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I would take that bet everday and twice on Sunday. Name your real wager on Garcon, Morgan - what do they have to do to help the team more than Winston would have?

Who? ... and please, please, don't put Gafney into the discussion.
But why not? Gaffney is like the T.O. of average receivers. He'll never want too much money because he'll never go above 1000 yards in a season, and he's still pretty young (on a scale of 1-100 early-mid 30's is still young) plus think of all the media coverage we'll get when he goes on a Twitter rant. You're thinking about this from all the wrong angles.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #66
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I dont really get why Allen would say he was talking about a trade with Oakland. Allan and Shanahan seem pretty tight lipped about stuff. Is there any benefit for him to have mentioned a trade before a trade? Just seems wierd.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #67
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I dont really get why Allen would say he was talking about a trade with Oakland. Allan and Shanahan seem pretty tight lipped about stuff. Is there any benefit for him to have mentioned a trade before a trade? Just seems wierd.
This struck me as odd too.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #68
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I'd hate to see Cooley go anywhere. I don't think he's finished producing. Also, one of my favorite Redskins.

Lets look at what O-linemen the Raiders could offer to help our RT problem:

Stefen Wisniewski - Struggled at LT, but could play RT. They're planning on moving him to Center this season. Could be a RT or across-the-line reserve for us.

Khalif Barnes - bad last year but they didn't trade another tackle. He's their starting RT with no replacement. We could trade Brown to them in the deal but he won't be available for them.

Joseph Barksdale - competition for Barnes, but not starter material. He's slow. RT is already the weakest position on their line, I don't see them moving either RT.

Jared Veldheer - comparable value for a healthy Cooley but why would they trade their starting LT? NO team would do that, right?

Ed Wang - I'd buy his Redskins jersey, especially if he gets #69...but he played himself off TWO teams in his rookie training camps. Definitely not a help to us.

Cooper Carlisle - has history as a zone-blocking guard, but can he play tackle?

Mike Brisiel - definitely talented at guard but they wouldn't part with a key member of their line. He's from the Texans so he'd fit in well for us at guard but they JUST signed him to a big deal so I;d say he's off the table.

So, if I had to put my money on an O-linemen from them, I'd pick Wisniewski. He has tackle experience, even though he struggled on the left side. Could be worth a shot at RT and if not, he is versatile enough to use somewhere else.

However, I still hate the idea of trading Cooley for him. Cooley's cap number is probably going to be his ticket out though. He was worth the money, when he was on the field.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #69
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Well, it's because he had slipped and said Raider Nation then kind of threw in that it was because he was talking to the Raiders about a trade this morning that's why he had Raiders top of mind. It wasn't "off air" but it was essentially throw away conversation between questions.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #70
mbedner3420
The Starter

Any news to report with who we are potentially looking to acquire, offload?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #71
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Okay that makes a lot more sense to me.

Im wondering if it really is Cooley, or for a o-line man. Unless they plan on releasing Cooley, he seems like we wouldnt get much in return for the man in the oline category. Maybe back when Al was running things but isnt the Raiders FO a lot more reasonable now?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #72
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Okay that makes a lot more sense to me.

Im wondering if it really is Cooley, or for a o-line man. Unless they plan on releasing Cooley, he seems like we wouldnt get much in return for the man in the oline category. Maybe back when Al was running things but isnt the Raiders FO a lot more reasonable now?
If they somehow manage to swing Veldheer for Cooley that would be incredible but I'm not sure how they (Raiders) view Veldheer or if that would even be an option. A million times no to Cooley for Barnes. Get a 3rd or 4th round pick in that case if you're hell bent on trading Cooley.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #73
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Got it. Trade Cooley for Heyer. RT problem solved.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #74
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Got it. Trade Cooley for Heyer. RT problem solved.
Heyer is no longer with the Raiders unfortunately...
Old 07-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #75
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
If they somehow manage to swing Veldheer for Cooley that would be incredible but I'm not sure how they (Raiders) view Veldheer or if that would even be an option. A million times no to Cooley for Barnes. Get a 3rd or 4th round pick in that case if you're hell bent on trading Cooley.

Would be bitter sweet but awsome. But no way the raiders do that.