Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Officially Announce Training Camp Move to Richmond/Ashburn Renovations

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #61
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Redskins Officially Announce Training Camp Move to Richmond/Ashburn Renovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The ride to Richmond from DC is traffic hell. Frostburg & Carlisle were much nicer rides.

To bypass the DC traffic take 301 south over the Harry Nice bridge into VA go about and 90 min from there and you hit 95 just above Kings Dominion.Not a bad ride (some police )

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #62
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Officially Announce Training Camp Move to Richmond/Ashburn Renovations

Alright ive almost completely lost interest, but i had to work late and since it was on the way home i drove by City Stadium.

It isnt as bad as i remembered. It was built in the late 20's and has a certain kind of charm to it. But theres a lot less parking then i thought. It would be really hard to add another field to the area without loosing a lot of the parking or doing some major excavating.

Richmond, VA the New Redskins Training Camp Spot? - Hogs Haven

When people go to training camp are they just sitting there watching practice? Or are they walking around to different tents and exhibits and merchandise carts? Seems like sitting on bleachers in the full sun during july/august watching practice with nothing else to do could get not-so-fun after 20-30 minutes.

Whats odd to me is that this is the place Snyder checked out a couple months ago. Seems kind of weird this is where he would want to host camp, unless Shanahan is cool with 1 field.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #63
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I still find it funny, we're the Washington Redskins, yet we play games in Maryland and Practice in Virginia..We have nothing to do with DC.
How far in SE do you want to go to find open land for all facilities?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

If they tore down city stadium you can fit some fields and small facilities in that "block" from what I recall... perhaps MCV would just house the dorms and film rooms.. shuttle to the fields
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #65
milellie111

Im not fond of this change at all
milellie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #66
milellie111

Will less fans show up to training camp now that it will be in Richmond?
milellie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by milellie111 View Post
Will less fans show up to training camp now that it will be in Richmond?
Quite the reverse. Your gonna see a ton of fans from southern Va and the tidewater area coming into richmond for camp. I went to a couple BBQs over the weekend, it was the top thing being talked about.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #68
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Quite the reverse. Your gonna see a ton of fans from southern Va and the tidewater area coming into richmond for camp. I went to a couple BBQs over the weekend, it was the top thing being talked about.
Even though I'm moving just across the border into NC, I'll definitely try to see if I can make it to training camp next year!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #69
Jak101
Camp Scrub

Richmond is an amazing town with some pretty great ways to pass a weekend; this will only add to it. This was a nice move, and I'm really looking forward to getting there sometime soon!
Jak101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #70
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I'll definitely be up for it. Have you heard any more about the locations, the City Stadium is a wreck, U of R is out, not sure where the facilities are without MAJOR renovations.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #71
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Could Redskins move bring football to VCU? - NBC12.com-Richmond, VA News, Weather, Traffic & Sports

^ Probably only interesting to VCU fans. But it turns out RG3's grandma Juley Allen lives down here. I had no idea he had VA roots. I know his dad's roots are New Orleans, anyone know if his mom's are VA?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #72
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Could Redskins move bring football to VCU? - NBC12.com-Richmond, VA News, Weather, Traffic & Sports

^ Probably only interesting to VCU fans. But it turns out RG3's grandma Juley Allen lives down here. I had no idea he had VA roots. I know his dad's roots are New Orleans, anyone know if his mom's are VA?
Pretty sure his grandmother just happened to move there about a decade ago, but no roots there.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #73
mbedner3420
The Starter

Have they released any details for the planned renovations? I'm curious to see what they have in mind.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #74
JPPT1974
Special Teams

They have reasons for it. Maybe the best for the team.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #75
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Pretty sure his grandmother just happened to move there about a decade ago, but no roots there.

Okay i was wondering if he maybe had some of that Newport News athlete dna.