Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

nfl top 100 2012

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #61
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: nfl top 100 2012

So at number 69 on the top 100 players...Carlos Rogers. I just had to stop and laugh when I heard them announce it. Also either I miss heard the narrator of the show or Orakpo (and/or Hall) is rated really high on this list. Like higher than LaMar Woodley, Phillip Rivers, Justin Tuck.

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #62
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So at number 69 on the top 100 players...Carlos Rogers. I just had to stop and laugh when I heard them announce it. Also either I miss heard the narrator of the show or Orakpo (and/or Hall) is rated really high on this list. Like higher than LaMar Woodley, Phillip Rivers, Justin Tuck.
Carlos ball'd out last year. He was always good for us too, he was always there he just couldnt come up with the pick, now he can and is a probowler.
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #63
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba305-ST21- View Post
Carlos ball'd out last year. He was always good for us too, he was always there he just couldnt come up with the pick, now he can and is a probowler.
Oh no I fully agree with you. I just find it funny. We have a guy who doesn't do much for us. He goes on to another team and becomes a star. Come to think of it who was the last player we got who was a bust for his team and became a star on our team?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #64
MTK
\m/

Los was always solid, far from being a bust in his time here, his problem was always the dropped picks and he seems to have that corrected.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #65
That Guy
Living Legend

carlos was our best cb when he left here. he's an actual #1, unlike hall. it really is too bad things didn't work out.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
carlos was our best cb when he left here. he's an actual #1, unlike hall. it really is too bad things didn't work out.
Honestly, I didn't like Carlos Rogers the whole time he was a Redskin. He dropped too many interceptions. He did cover well. Players get sick and tired of losing so he felt it was in his best interest to move on. The Redskins only had 2 winning seasons during the time Rogers was in Washington. As much as I didn't like Rogers, I do appreciate him over DeAngelo Hall. Hall was a huge disappointment in 2011.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #67
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I hear McNabb is making a comeback so he can crack this list. (or is he?)

NFL - Time for Donovan McNabb to retire - ESPN

He claims to have lost 15 lbs and is "in shape".

Must be Albert Haynesworth's definition of "in shape".

I find it hilarious this clown is now working on his mechanics and footwork. All those fans that trashed Shanny can now kiss his ass. That's why he's a coach and you are not.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

He must be on the "all you can eat" diet. I've followed that same diet myself over the years.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #69
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
He must be on the "all you can eat" diet. I've followed that same diet myself over the years.
No, I saw him on "eat this not that" on the today show. He substituted mcdonalds for burger king. Maybe joe mcknight should give it a try?
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #70
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Oh no I fully agree with you. I just find it funny. We have a guy who doesn't do much for us. He goes on to another team and becomes a star. Come to think of it who was the last player we got who was a bust for his team and became a star on our team?
yeah not many for us, i would say Carriker though. Unfortunately we have had many go to other teams and do good but i think that will begin to change with Shanahan and Co. although I think letting LaRon go was a mistake we shouldve signed him for a year to see, he will be a probowler for the jets
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #71
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I think we've gone over this Carlos Rogers thing one too many times now. Carlos Rogers balled last year because Carlos Rogers FINALLY started playing up to his potential.

Now....lets stop and think to why that is.

Hmmmm....ONE YEAR CONTRACT. Those three words are exactly why he balled out, and exactly why he got the corrective measures for his eyesight. He knew if he didn't ball out last year, he could kiss that chance of a big contract good bye.

He had no such motivation here in DC, because he was a high round pick who got top money before ever playing one down. Then he sat back and saw how players around him got paid top dollar for half assing it, which is exactly what he did. Was he bad? Of course not. Did he play up to his potential? Absolutely not. Not even close to what he should have been playing like over the years.

Rogers was ultimately mad that D-Hall got paid big time coin, while he was being snubbed even though he was a better CB. Had Rogers got contacts, and worked his ass off, he probably would have been looking at Nnamdi or Revis type money, but he blew it.

Let's not even forget that Rogers only got a 1 year contract once he became a free agent, and didn't even get that contract until late in the ball game when all the other CBs had been gobbled up.

Now that he's gotten paid, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rogers going back to being that same old player he was in DC. Decent...but not matching his potential.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Rogers has been in a contract year loop since 2009. Even if we were to assume that there was something fundamentally different about his performance in SF (it probably was just usage/coaching differences), he's been on a one year contract since 2008, a year when he might have been the top CB in the NFC East.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #73
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

If only McNabb would admit that he's on 2nd string QB status now he would be better off. A team, probably the Eagles, would re-sign him. Andy Reid recently made a pitch on McNabb's behalf. But if his old Philly head coach really thought that highly of him, then why wouldn't he re-sign McNabb to a contract?
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #74
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think we've gone over this Carlos Rogers thing one too many times now.
That was all you needed to say
Old 05-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #75
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think we've gone over this Carlos Rogers thing one too many times now. Carlos Rogers balled last year because Carlos Rogers FINALLY started playing up to his potential.

Now....lets stop and think to why that is.

Hmmmm....ONE YEAR CONTRACT. Those three words are exactly why he balled out, and exactly why he got the corrective measures for his eyesight. He knew if he didn't ball out last year, he could kiss that chance of a big contract good bye.

He had no such motivation here in DC, because he was a high round pick who got top money before ever playing one down. Then he sat back and saw how players around him got paid top dollar for half assing it, which is exactly what he did. Was he bad? Of course not. Did he play up to his potential? Absolutely not. Not even close to what he should have been playing like over the years.

Rogers was ultimately mad that D-Hall got paid big time coin, while he was being snubbed even though he was a better CB. Had Rogers got contacts, and worked his ass off, he probably would have been looking at Nnamdi or Revis type money, but he blew it.

Let's not even forget that Rogers only got a 1 year contract once he became a free agent, and didn't even get that contract until late in the ball game when all the other CBs had been gobbled up.

Now that he's gotten paid, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rogers going back to being that same old player he was in DC. Decent...but not matching his potential.
Not quite. The lack of offers is what finally told him to start working better on shit in his control -- vision correction, ways to mentally focus himself, etc. He was on one-year contracts before...but didn't perform at a higher level because he overvalued his own worth.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote