Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trade Deadline: Any movement?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Guys Santana moss is a damn good player and one of the best redskin wrs really of all time if u look at his numbers and longevity but he's not a wes welker type of player, idk if moss could take the hits wes does, u have to remember welker goes across the middle almost every snap, that's balls right there.

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #62
Deivybaby

Re: Trade Deadline: Any movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It has so much to do with situation though. If Welker was on the skins / jets over these last 10 years do you think people even know his name? Do you think having tom brady throw you the ball for all these years will help or hinder your career? Do yourself a favor, and check out moss career stats. Now imagine him with Brady all those years. Now add about 50 td's, 7,500 yards, and 250 catches to those totals. Hows Moss stack up now? Having brady get you the ball as compared to grossman, ramsey, campbell, etc etc is night and day. Moss has had to fight for every catch hes ever made. Welker is the recipient of a hall of famer putting the ball exactly where it has needed to be for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welker was already decent in Miami they just had made a mistake its fine . But I find it funny how alot of you in here believe Moss is some what would be on the level of Welker? how so ? if you watch both of them play they are not on the same level.makes it even worst on him 5-6 diff QBs and hes the same thing all the time?, how do you the fans know if Wes Welker can not help the skins for those QB's? maybe Wes Welker is just better?I highly doubt Moss gets 122 rec in his career ever if any of you believe that it just shows hw much u love him.

I have no beef with Moss either but its kinda crazy to put that excuse there. Its like saying what if Mcnabb in 010 had his 04 team in B$G? if Mcnabb was good he would of simply shown it. Thats how it is in the NFL Peyton new jersey lesser weapons and new system and is on pace for 30 td's again.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Guys Santana moss is a damn good player and one of the best redskin wrs really of all time if u look at his numbers and longevity but he's not a wes welker type of player, idk if moss could take the hits wes does, u have to remember welker goes across the middle almost every snap, that's balls right there.
I think welker is great. Underrated even by most. They are totally different Moss was a burner for most of his career. We will never know how their careers would have turned out had Moss been the recipient of Tom Brady passes and Welker was catching balls from - well - sub par qb's on lack luster offenses. But i personally think Moss's numbers would be much greater and welkers much lower. Its just common sense. On top of that if you put them both on Bradys teams for equal time in their prime i think Moss would be the better of the two.

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #64
Deivybaby

Quote:
Thank you!!!lol Welker is a consistent player and Moss is not .

I wanna know this question to every one who would u rather have Moss or Welker on the skins team? like right now?. If Wes was here he would be our #1guy no doubt about it .

BTW Dwayne Bowe wants to be traded .
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Welker was already decent in Miami they just had made a mistake its fine . But I find it funny how alot of you in here believe Moss is some what would be on the level of Welker? how so ? if you watch both of them play they are not on the same level.makes it even worst on him 5-6 diff QBs and hes the same thing all the time?, how do you the fans know if Wes Welker can not help the skins for those QB's? maybe Wes Welker is just better?I highly doubt Moss gets 122 rec in his career ever if any of you believe that it just shows hw much u love him.

I have no beef with Moss either but its kinda crazy to put that excuse there. Its like saying what if Mcnabb in 010 had his 04 team in B$G? if Mcnabb was good he would of simply shown it. Thats how it is in the NFL Peyton new jersey lesser weapons and new system and is on pace for 30 td's again.
First of all - jerry rice could not have helped any of the redskins qb's moss played with. Think about who we are speaking of? Ramsey? Rex grossman? John beck? Donovan mcnabb ( well after his best days were past him) ? Jason campbell? Really? Tom freakin brady is a first ballot - sure fire - hall of famer. Welker was great on special teams with the dolphins - and showed flashes as a wr. Which - and not coincidentally i will add - were bought to the surface when he joined new england and the aforementioned tom.freaking brady started throwing him the ball! Lol.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #66
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Thank you!!!lol Welker is a consistent player and Moss is not .

I wanna know this question to every one who would u rather have Moss or Welker on the skins team? like right now?. If Wes was here he would be our #1guy no doubt about it .

Do you think that consistency might have something to do with the fact that he is consistently thrown the ball by brady? Come on. This is crazy. Moss is two years older than welker rite now and has lost a step. He is now finally after 10 years or so playing with a good qb. Im not sure who would be better if they both played in the same system with brady all these years. Bottom line is moss has not had the same opportunity as welker to showcase his skills. Contrary to popular belief it does matter who is throwing you the ball. Matters big time.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
First of all - jerry rice could not have helped any of the redskins qb's moss played with. Think about who we are speaking of? Ramsey? Rex grossman? John beck? Donovan mcnabb ( well after his best days were past him) ? Jason campbell? Really? Tom freakin brady is a first ballot - sure fire - hall of famer. Welker was great on special teams with the dolphins - and showed flashes as a wr. Which - and not coincidentally i will add - were bought to the surface when he joined new england and the aforementioned tom.freaking brady started throwing him the ball! Lol.

No doubt moss has had bad qbs for sure
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
No doubt moss has had bad qbs for sure
I think bad is probably a nice way of putting it. Lol. More like complete and utter garbage. I was watching them interview Moss on - i think espn- today about RG3. He was saying what you would expect - ya know - how great he is. But you could see in his eyes that he was thinking "wow i wish i was a rook now with this guy at the helm". Its like some poor guy who waited his entire life to bang some hot chick and he finally gets the chance and he really cant get it up anymore. Very sad. Oh what could have been. Maybe he could have been as great as wes welker.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #69
53Fan
Franchise Player

Who knows what Moss would have done had he played slot for Brady all those years? He was too busy playing #1 for a bunch of QB's we were always looking to replace...much less making Pro Bowls like Tommy boy.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Exactly. Not sure how that whole qb thing has nothing to do with it???

Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #71
SKINS73
Special Teams

Welker is good; however, he's also benefited from defenses focusing on Gronk and Hernandez. Moss had weak QBs AND he was the receiver defenses focused on. It would be difficult to compare the two with any degree of certainty. Personally, I'd like to see Fitzgerald go to the Pack and have Rodgers tossing him the ball. That would be epic.
SKINS73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #72
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

^^ Could you imagine a team of Rodgers, Fitz and C. Johnson (hell, through Gronk in as the TE).

They would scorre 100 points every game.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #73
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Do you think that consistency might have something to do with the fact that he is consistently thrown the ball by brady? Come on. This is crazy. Moss is two years older than welker rite now and has lost a step. He is now finally after 10 years or so playing with a good qb. Im not sure who would be better if they both played in the same system with brady all these years. Bottom line is moss has not had the same opportunity as welker to showcase his skills. Contrary to popular belief it does matter who is throwing you the ball. Matters big time.

Gee, you think?

Brady vs. Grossman/Beck/McNabb/Campbell/Collins/Brunell/Ramsey.

Moss HAS been consistently good even with those QBs. Look up his stats. Until 2011's injuries, his lowest production with the Skins was in 2006 with 790 yards and 6 TDs in 14 games. He's around 1,000 yards annually with a best year of 1,483 and 9 TDs. Give him Tom Brady or even RGIII for his whole career and he'd be one of the best in the NFL.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #74
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I'd bet he'd love to play w/ RGIII too. If Garçon was healthy, I'd see no need, but we could go deep into the playoffs if we had a true # 1 like Bowe. What would it take to get a deal done? I cant see Pioli trading him either. It would essentially be like turning in his resignation as GM.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #75
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Miami is the rumored trade partner for Bowe.