Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Whats up with the D-Line?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
Evilgrin
The Starter

Re: Whats up with the D-Line?

The D was overrated, but Orakpo is a top 15 pass rusher also. Try to look at it from a few different perspectives. Imagine us having just played the falcons with no Abraham.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #62
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
1. Maybe on EX, but around here? Nah. I think most members of this board all agree there is no debate there.

2. Lemme do a quick poll: Yes - GOAT, possibly you, based on your posts? No - minus 2 or 3 people, everybody else.

3. Probably the only discussion I believe might have some merit, but that all hinges on Haslett getting replaced (a real possibility).
I mean by end of season. If shanny goes 6-10 i dont see why we shouldnt put him on hot seat. Just because ww have a qb and a rb doesnt mean hes done good if anything hes done worst than what i thought. Id thouggt by now we be atleast over 7 wins and we havent.

Thays just me but ill be nice ans wait for season to end. But shanny not that good i rather have had jeff fisher looking whay hes doing to thr rams.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #63
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
The D was overrated, but Orakpo is a top 15 pass rusher also. Try to look at it from a few different perspectives. Imagine us having just played the falcons with no Abraham.
True. Rob jacksin been a non factor ever since his int td.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #64
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Dear Goat et al,

I get it:
you don't like the team's direction under Shanahan.
And you have alot of evidence on your side.
And this is an open internet forum where you can say pretty much anything

got it. I will tell you its frustrating coming on here and seeing the same rehash of every negative associated with the past 20 years of the Skins. I currently am not using the ignore feature because I like hearing everyone's opinions but its getting to that point with your incessant negativity that I either put you on it or I don't read the warpath as often. kinda an easy choice from that standpoint.
Here's the thing CRed. I understand its a redskins forum, and I'm a redskins fan. But please, quit the whole "If your not gonna be all bright and happy with rainbows coming out of your ears and bright sunshiny rays flowing out your ass about the Redskins, please just quit posting."

You don't like what other people post, don't read it. I'm sure even the goat wants the skins to be good, its just that with being so bad for so long, some of us get frustrated at times, especially three years in, and the same lame ass excuses are made about two to three more years, you just wait. Anyways, out of respect for Sundays being a football day, I will withdraw from this topic, at least for the rest of today! Good luck skins!
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #65
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
That's the real pisser of the situation. A quality FO and coaching staff would be winning this season, the third year in. It was really, really irresponsible to force the switch on defense w/o acquiring the players AND the coaching talent necessary to keep the defense strong. In effect, Mike took the strongest part of the team and grossly handicapped it, and because his monumental ego precludes an adjustment back to the 4-3 and we're limited on quality picks we're stuck with a garbage defense for the remainder of his tenure in all probability. For those who want to crap on the Blache defense still today...are you a Redskins fan or a Shanahan fan?

A quality FO and staff would have kept the 4-3 until the most necessary players became available to thrive in the 3-4, namely front 7 players who really fit the scheme. When you look at our defensive personnel every player with the questionable exception of Perry Riley is (still) best suited for a 4-3 defense.
Here is the thing. Even when Shanny was with Denver, he won a bunch of games just due to the fact that the AFC west stunk shweaty balls. He ran the defense in Denver straight into the ground, I think he might have used them to frack for oil or something. Point is, everywhere shanahan goes, the defenses suffer.

I'm sure you are familiar with his history on the defensive front, but it waas to be expected. Nothing new here, really.

OK, I promise CRed, that is the last negative shanahan ad I will run today.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #66
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
I agree.When this season is over I bet these things will happen these 3 things will happen.

1: RG3 vs Kirk Kousins threads

2: Should Shanny be fired?

3: 4-3 rumors.

just my two cent . I know how we act we usually go trough these directions. Lets hope rex ryan gets fired.
1. RG3 is the truth, and I don't see that there even could be a logical debate. Here no way, ES sure.

2. Shanny- It all depends on his resord as to whether he will be on the hot seat. Honestly I dont think he is and should be given his 5 years.

3. Now there may be something to that, but again till this year plays out who knows. I know I for one would like to keep a 3-4 and keep adding players to the defense.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #67
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What's with this Jeff Fisher love affair?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #68
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
gotta be the push broom
Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #69
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Here's the thing CRed. I understand its a redskins forum, and I'm a redskins fan. But please, quit the whole "If your not gonna be all bright and happy with rainbows coming out of your ears and bright sunshiny rays flowing out your ass about the Redskins, please just quit posting."

You don't like what other people post, don't read it. I'm sure even the goat wants the skins to be good, its just that with being so bad for so long, some of us get frustrated at times, especially three years in, and the same lame ass excuses are made about two to three more years, you just wait. Anyways, out of respect for Sundays being a football day, I will withdraw from this topic, at least for the rest of today! Good luck skins!
The eff is that supposed to mean? I want us to be fantastic, and I genuinely think we have the roster to do it. Thus, my frustration w/ the coaching staff.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #70
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
His badass facial hair...you know you like it.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #71
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Stephen Bowen and Lorenzo Alexander combined for a sack yesterday. I think we all know what this defense is now. They are not going to be a top 10 defense this year but as long as they keep opposing offenses out of the end zone then that's all that matters. Excellent selection by Haslett in getting Alexander and Keenen Robinson in the mix.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote