loll you gotta love first.

Advertisements
Old 06-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #62
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post

alright so this has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks ever since all the lance armstrong wannabees decide to get all decked out in their spandex and f up my morning and evening commutes.

i recently moved to woodbridge last fall and drive up and down rt 123, ox rd quite a bit. for those of you who don't know 123 is a 4 lane divided highway with a speed limit of 55 that is one of the major north south routes in northern va. now that it is getting warmer more and more bicyclists are out riding up and down rt 123 which is great seeing as how they have a nice wide path, easily 6 feet, that they can ride in, most people stay on the path and abide by the crosswalk signals.

however there are now more and more of these asshats that think they are too good for the path and want to ride their bikes in the god damn shoulder of the road. as you can see in this picture i came across two of the douchiest yet the other morning riding side by side on the should at 8:30 am with an empty path 20 feet to their right, um WTF!!!!! (and no i didn't care if i hit them as i went for my phone either, f em)

i now make it a point to not move my truck to avoid these assholes, in fact most times i yell out my window to get on the f-ing path as i drive by. i have encountered assholes on bikes before in north springfield where they would form giant groups and ride 40 or 50 deep down the street not stopping at stop signs and abiding by any taffic laws whatsoever.

after readin tmc's thread on dickholes with 26.2 stickers i figured i would see if i am alone in my hatered or even see if one of you bicyclist wanted to try and explain why you chose to endagner yourself and everyone driving on the road.

anyone else have trouble with team live strong anywhere else?
Do you really drive so terribly that cyclists on the shoulder bother you? Bike paths aren't taken care of very well and when people are spending good money on bikes they don't want their rims/tires getting murdered by bad conditions. These aren't your average everyday buy a Wal-Mart bike and stroll by at 4 mph riders. Believe it or not these people probably drive too and they also pay for roads. Not only that but the law permits them to do such!

I agree with you on a lot of things but you're really that guy that yells at people from out of his window on the shoulder? How are they endangering everyone? You're the one saying you don't "move" for them, how is that not endangering them, yourself, and others? And not paying attention when grabbing your phone? Boy you're digging yourself a hole by playing the "safety" angle on this one. Face it, you get "car power" when you see bikes on the road. Your anger is misplaced and you should figure out where it's coming from.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #63
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I hate those morons too. I like to bike but I don't understand the need to wear those dorky outfits. Tour de morons.
It's for safety and aerodynamics. Pretty much every sport you practice in some sort of uniform, why would a road cyclist go out in cargo shorts and a t-shirt?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #64
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Around here I see that bullshit all the time. Awesome bike paths all over the place, just moments from the W&OD trail, yet some dickbag has to go slow on the road, not obey any signs, and basically cause traffic issues. I'll also be walking down the street and have someone fly by on the sidewalk.

Bikes have their place, but it's not on the roads. If the road doesn't have an acceptable shoulder for you to drive on, then piss off. The picture taken I'm okay with surprisingly. Still silly not to be on the bike path, but they have a considerable amount of room, in Arlington they have maybe 6 inches of shoulder. I don't give any way either, I hold my car steady and hope they don't smack into me. I treat bicyclists a lot like deer, I try not to hit them -- but if I do they probably ran into me.
Bikes are allowed on most roads by law. I can see not driving in the lane of a road above 35mph if there is a decent amount of traffic, I try to avoid that. But if you can easily pass I'd rather be in the lane. Shoulders can be full of gravel, glass, and other debris.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #65
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Why do people feel entitled to plow through people simply because they can?

MLM in action:
Okay I don't condone the actions of that driver but F... critical mass riders. Bunch of damn hippies riding slowly blocking the road on purpose, sometimes in the name of some "purpose" or on behalf of some activist movement. I don't wish that they get plowed, but they could all tangle up and get some mean road rash and all would be fine with me.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #66
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
My least favorite is when they use the road when they're right next to a sidewalk with no one using it. The ironic thing is they probably avoid the sidewalk because they're scared of getting stuck behind someone.
Dude? Seriously? Sidewalks? Sure if you're on some beach cruiser or something, but not on a real road bike.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #67
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
now you are gonna knock my photo skills? i guess it's hard to picture the line of 20 or so cars behind me braking to slow down and causing others to swerve out of the way.

i get in the city you ride on the street, they even have lanes for bikes in a lot of places in dc now, but this ain't dc, and this isn't alexandria or arlington either. this is way outside the city on a highway, with a path right next to them, to me the intelegent choice would be the path.
na na na na boo boo
Old 06-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #68
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well someone is on their high horse (or bike in this case).

For me, cyclists suck because the vast majority (at least here in the DC area) have ZERO desire to follow the rules of the road like cars have do, yet they want all the respect on the road that cars get. No sir.

Also, if cyclists are riding in a group single-file on the right side of the right lane, cool. Fine with me. I'll just slide by. It's when a troop of these goofballs in their spandex are spread out 4 wide in a lane of traffic and no one can pass. Guess what? I'll be laying on the horn until you move. I've done it before, I'll do it again. They always end up getting out of the way.

Don't get me wrong, I don't go out looking for trouble with cyclists. Just the contrary. I'm into fitness and I respect the exercise and hard work they are putting in. But if you want to share the road, then do it respectfully. Stop at stop signs and red lights. Be mindful of cars needing to pass because you're moving so much slower. Use mirrors and hand signals. This doesn't happen at all around here. Take one ride down Beach Drive in MoCo on a sunny day and you'll immediately see exactly what I mean.

So yeah, until that changes, eff cyclists (most of 'em anyway- SS gets a pass because, well, he's SS).
You're mistaking road riders with city commuters.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #69
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

5 straight posts truthful?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Way to break his streak Joe Webb
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #71
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
seems like it whoskenz
Old 06-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #72
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Quoted to preserve the proof that you cannot count.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #73
jamf
Pro Bowl

jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #74
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 06-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #75
firstdown
Living Legend