Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Favorite Apps for your Smartphone

Parking Lot

Old 03-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #61
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Favorite Apps for your Smartphone

Not sure how Droids compare to iphones but i use my phone all the time and only charge at night. But if im using navigation i usually plug in my car charger, and if im teathering my computer is charging it.

One thing that sucks though is after about 6-8 months our batterys start to suck pretty bad and you need to charge more often...... im just starting to get there with the my current droid.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #62
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Not sure how Droids compare to iphones but i use my phone all the time and only charge at night. But if im using navigation i usually plug in my car charger, and if im teathering my computer is charging it.

One thing that sucks though is after about 6-8 months our batterys start to suck pretty bad and you need to charge more often...... im just starting to get there with the my current droid.
I have the original droid with the stock battery, and it is really starting to suck now. I have to charge it multiple times a day, especially if I'm listening to music, streaming music or using navigation. I need to buy a new battery.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #63
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Or you can just keep a charger at home, in your car, and in the office.
What I am pretty much forced to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #64
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I didnt want to start a new thread for this but my phone barely works and I randomly stumbled on Amazon Wireless. Its a third party vender (like Best Buy) and there shit is a lot cheaper then whats on verizonwireless.com Has anyone used it before or know of other good places to check out?

AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

Also any new sweet apps?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #65
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I didnt want to start a new thread for this but my phone barely works and I randomly stumbled on Amazon Wireless. Its a third party vender (like Best Buy) and there shit is a lot cheaper then whats on verizonwireless.com Has anyone used it before or know of other good places to check out?

AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

Also any new sweet apps?
Yes... I upgraded through costco and got 2 samsung galaxy s phones for 99 bucks the day they came out. It was a very pleasant experience and it saved a ton.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #66
mlmpetert
Playmaker

^Ive always gotten my upgrades through Verizon. Im starting to think the better route would be to buy from retailers....

The Galaxy Nexus looks really nice, especially with that curved screen but im officially waiting for the Droid 4 (i really need hard keys) which should hopefully be out any day now. Im really hoping its initially offered through a retailer like Costco or Amazon Mobile and i can save 100 or 1/3 of the price.

I also got a question if anyone knows a bit about android stuff.

I am against locked bootloaders because they just seem to go against my principles, although ill likely never root or do anything real fancy with my phones so at the end of the day they likely wont impact me much. The thing that drives me nuts though is unremovable bloatware. Ive heard the newer motorola phones are supposed to have a option to remove it (or permanently hide it).

So knowing that I probably wont want to try and hack a locked bootloader does anyone know if bootloaders or UI’s ever get updated by the phone company; in this case Motorola? It seems a big selling point for androids are what Android OS the phone is using, the newest being Ice Cream Sandwich which will/is replacing Gingerbread. So if I buy a newer phone like the Razr or the Droid 4 which both run Gingerbread out of the box, but with the promise that it will updated to Ice Cream Sandwich as soon as fully ready, will there be any updates to the Motorola UI when the new OS is ready? Are UI’s tailored to the Android OS theyre sitting on top of?

Basically should a Galaxy Nexus UI always be (in theory) smoother on Ice Cream Sandwich than a Droid 4 UI that was originally made for Gingerbread, or will the Moto UI update so that its also designed for the new OS?

Last edited by mlmpetert; 12-16-2011 at 09:56 AM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #67
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Bumping an old thread here.

Does anyone know of an app that would record screenshots of your phone and let you basically create a video tutorial (with audio)?

My buddy's business has developed an app and he wants to create a brief video that showcases its features
Old 06-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bumping an old thread here.

Does anyone know of an app that would record screenshots of your phone and let you basically create a video tutorial (with audio)?

My buddy's business has developed an app and he wants to create a brief video that showcases its features
well both android and iphone now let you take and save screenshots. you could make the video on a regular computer with youtube. I know it can be done, not sure the best software though. I know there are several free ones to create the youtube vids.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #69
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Running the iOS 7 beta now and... it's ugly as hell. Huge step backwards imo

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote