Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Parking Lot

Old 01-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #61
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

As for the retreating glaciers:

"Syed Iqbal Hasnain, the Indian scientist under fire for saying Himalayan glaciers may disappear by 2035, denied making the assertion that was published in the United Nations’ most comprehensive report on climate change.

The UN included the date in its 2007 assessment of global warming, citing a study by the environmental group WWF, which referenced a 1999 article in New Scientist magazine that quoted Hasnain. 'I have not given any date or year on the likely disappearance of Himalayan glaciers,' the scientist said.

'I had simply told the New Scientist in an interview that the mass of the glaciers will decline in 40 years,' Hasnain said in a telephone interview. 'The date, 2035, was their invention. I was misquoted in the report.'”

Melting Glaciers Scientist Blames Issue on Misquote (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

Surprise surprise.... IPCC making sh** up again.

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #62
firstdown
Living Legend

Funny how the left cannot figure out why so many question the scientist on global warming but they are so quick to dismiss these types of reports.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #63
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Also funny how they can't predict the economy next month very well but know the weather report 1000 years from now.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #64
dmek25
MVP

are we in this thing together? i see a lot of bitter people. you guys clinging to your guns, and your bible?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #65
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
are we in this thing together? i see a lot of bitter people. you guys clinging to your guns, and your bible?
Not sure about the guns/bible comment, but yeah we are all in this together. Sadly what we're seeing here is just a microcosm of society in general. Everyone talks a good game when it comes to bipartisanship but it rarely works out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #66
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

What I really hate is polarization, in terms of political parties.

If you are conservative you are a republican, and you vote and support them without thinking. All things any liberal says is stupid. And vice versa with Dems.

Its so freaking annoying. Why can't people think of issues independently, rather than letting a party dictate what is right and wrong? I guess its just easier not to think.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #67
redsk1
The Starter

I believe this guy.

YouTube - Satire Clip Will Ferrell SNL Clip
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #68
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Yes we are in this together but why is it that if we are not sold on global warming we are the bad guys. Heck I have no problem with building some wind mills or using solar energy but while we are working on those things why not drill from our own resources? Why is it wrong for me to not want the US strapped with the burden of paying for most of what they want to pass to clean up something I'm not sure is man made? I'm not bitter, I don't own a gun, and I don't think we evn have a bible in the house. The only way I see the left happy on this is for us to all cave in and hand the UN our check books.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #69
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yes we are in this together but why is it that if we are not sold on global warming we are the bad guys. Heck I have no problem with building some wind mills or using solar energy but while we are working on those things why not drill from our own resources? Why is it wrong for me to not want the US strapped with the burden of paying for most of what they want to pass to clean up something I'm not sure is man made? I'm not bitter, I don't own a gun, and I don't think we evn have a bible in the house. The only way I see the left happy on this is for us to all cave in and hand the UN our check books.
May god save your soul Well said first .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #70
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not sure about the guns/bible comment, but yeah we are all in this together. Sadly what we're seeing here is just a microcosm of society in general. Everyone talks a good game when it comes to bipartisanship but it rarely works out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not supposed to work. It was set up to take a long time for the government to change something. The Founding Fathers were suspicious that the politicians who would come after them would streamline wholesale change, or circumvent the Constitution, the Republic, and the Revolution.

Don't buy into the bipartisanship BS. When they all agree on something it's usually not in our best interest.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #71
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
It's not supposed to work. It was set up to take a long time for the government to change something. The Founding Fathers were suspicious that the politicians who would come after them would streamline wholesale change, or circumvent the Constitution, the Republic, and the Revolution.

Don't buy into the bipartisanship BS. When they all agree on something it's usually not in our best interest.
Our founding fathers were correct in their suspiciouns.
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #72
MTK
\m/

Quote:

I definitely don't think we need to agree on everything all the time, that's dangerous in of itself. But I don't think the intent of the system was to bring policy making to a standstill either where both sides have lines drawn in the sand and generally oppose each other just for the sake of it.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #73
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post

nothing better to cling to then my gun and my bible.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #74
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I definitely don't think we need to agree on everything all the time, that's dangerous in of itself. But I don't think the intent of the system was to bring policy making to a standstill either where both sides have lines drawn in the sand and generally oppose each other just for the sake of it.
The last time they agreed on something we invaded Iraq.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #75
MTK
\m/

Quote:
The last time they agreed on something we invaded Iraq.
Good point, like I said that sort of thing is definitely dangerous