MVP

Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

sand, this is what happens when we meet in the playoffs

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #62
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Number one rivalry!!! Me and my cousin have been going at it since elementary school. We can't stop.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #63
dmek25
MVP

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...b87729fb9f.gif
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #64
dmek25
MVP

:d allas::
lets go guys, lets get it started
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #65
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
If you go by Tradition the Rivalry is still there but it's not what it used to from teh 70's-90's if you ask me as a Cowboys fan right now we have a bigger Rivalry against the Eagles I just hate those guys their fans... the way they talk like champions when they've never won.

For me thats the #1 Division Rivalry
No way man, it is the Giants, that is the biggest rivalry for the Cowboys.

You see, with the Redskins and the Eagles, the players really respect each other.

But the Giants have been very public and vocal about just outright HATING the Cowboys and vic versa. Brandon Jacobs being the biggest mouth out there.

As evidence of that, after the Giants-Cowboys game in week 2 at Cowboys stadium, the Giants players vandalized the visitors locker room. They trashed lockers, pissed in lockers and wrote graffitti on the walls.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #66
dmek25
MVP

Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #67
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
No way man, it is the Giants, that is the biggest rivalry for the Cowboys.

You see, with the Redskins and the Eagles, the players really respect each other.

But the Giants have been very public and vocal about just outright HATING the Cowboys and vic versa. Brandon Jacobs being the biggest mouth out there.

As evidence of that, after the Giants-Cowboys game in week 2 at Cowboys stadium, the Giants players vandalized the visitors locker room. They trashed lockers, pissed in lockers and wrote graffitti on the walls.
Really? Wow. I've never supported vandalism before, but that is kinda funny, if still technically criminal.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #68
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
The rivalry hasn't meant shit for ages Dmek. Thing is it is a one sided rivarly anymore. Skins fans still think it is, while I am not so sure about Cowboy fans. Just isn't the same. Both franchises are experiencing a low ebb in their respective histories. You also add the fact that the NFC East is fading fast, and you don't have much of a real rivalry feel to it. Last time I thought there was any inkling of the rivalry left was when Brunell hit Moss for those two bombs to win 14-13 back in 2005. That being said I do think we have a decent chance of winning on Sunday, but to me the rivalry is pretty much DOA. To get the rivalry back where it used to be, both franchises need to turn their respective fortunes around and have the game mean something.
I could see what your saying maybe 5 yrs ago but the past couple of years the rivalry is pretty much been 50/50. Just because Dallas had that stretch of winning does not deminish the rivalry.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #69
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Our team has not been playing well this season but that fact does not diminish the anticipation and anxiety that accompany Dallas week. It's still the best rivalry in the NFC east, maybe in the NFL.

The excitement level dosen't seem to be at an all-time high due mainly to our record. We don't know what to expect anymore, but Redskins Cowboys always has been, and always will be the greatest in live entertainment.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #70
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Well my boss just told me that he got me tickets to the game this Sunday in Dallas. Tickets now in hand, I will be watching this game from those Field Level corporate suites this Sunday.

I am stoked.

Hey, this is my first Redskins game!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #71
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Have fun at the game sand trap.

Zorn is not 2-0 against the girls.. Yes we beat them at their stadium last year, but we laid an egg at our own. I was there. It was pittiful.

I'm excited about Dallas week. I really think the game could go in either direction. If we play like we did against the Broncos we will definately have a shot. If we play like we did the first 8 games Dallas wins.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #72
over the mountain
Playmaker

while the rivalry does not seem as heated as years past, fans from both sides agree that you can throw records, rankings and stats out the window whenever we meet up.

should be a good one, seems the boys oline is really taking a beating with injuries and on-field play. hopefully blache will dial up some pressure and romo wont be able to escape, scramble and make big plays.

go skins!!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #73
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
seems the boys oline is really taking a beating with injuries and on-field play.

go skins!!
I would not say "a beating" they only lost one player to injury. But the confidence is pretty high with Doug Free starting in place of Columbo. Free is big, ahtletic, was taken in the 4th round as depth at LT behind Flozell.

And lest we forget, when he practices, he has lined up against a guys named Ware, Ellis, and Spencer.

Still, game time could be different, but I think he will be fine.

I am concerned about Ken Hamlin going out for 4 weeks, I have never been a fan of Pat Watkins, and the only other guy they have back there is a rookie, Mike Hamlin (no relation) who has been hurt since the preseason and is activated for the first time this season. He shows tremendous promise, but, is a rookie with ZERO playing credability at the pro level.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #74
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
I would not say "a beating" they only lost one player to injury. But the confidence is pretty high with Doug Free starting in place of Columbo. Free is big, ahtletic, was taken in the 4th round as depth at LT behind Flozell.

And lest we forget, when he practices, he has lined up against a guys named Ware, Ellis, and Spencer.

I am concerned about Ken Hamlin going out for 4 weeks, I have never been a fan of Pat Watkins, and the only other guy they have back there is a rookie, Mike Hamlin (no relation) who has been hurt since the preseason and is activated for the first time this season. He shows tremendous promise, but, is a rookie with ZERO playing credability at the pro level.
he still on the roster? and other then Ware, those guys don't scare anyone
Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #75
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

I agree. I think one reason why the Cowboys are 6-3 is because the offensive line has stayed relatively healthy. Now, if Leonard Davis or especially Flozell went down in addition to Columbo, the Cowboys would be in some serious trouble.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote