Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #61
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Again, your right, because by the end of the year we will be ranked much higher. Look all kidding aside, the defense has played well enough for us to have won both games.
Except, of course, the Giants game.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #62
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I am happy with the D. Getting TOs, only allowed 1 offensive TD in each of our games...if they keep this up all year, they could save us until our offense figures itself out, which I believe will happen.

Our defense is the least of our worries.
I wouldn't say that, because last I checked we're still not getting all those sacks that we're supposed to be getting...
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #63
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I wouldn't say that, because last I checked we're still not getting all those sacks that we're supposed to be getting...
Our defense is still bend but don't break, and well while unfair, there are higher expectations of them given how much $$ the team has spent in the offseason. Look at the Giants D last nite, they basically kept NY in the game.

There is QB pressure and turnovers, but they need to be one of those factors that leads to Ws.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #64
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Indeed there is a correlation between what the two units do, as well as how they play on the field. That correlation was a topic of conversation which Blache was very much a part of when he was the defensive line coach, Greg Williams was DC, and Gibbs was the HC. Blaches' coaching philosophy is simular in many ways to that of Williams minus the creative blitzing. He does not beleive sack totals/or lack thereof should be a barometer for guaging the effectivness of a defense.

Between Gibbs, Williams, Blache and the secondary coaches the subject of how Gibbs wanted the defense to play based on his struggling offense was discussed. They arived at the conclusion that many of Williams' exotic blitz packages would be curtailed, mainly because Gibbs felt if the defense was repeatedly burned by the blitz (in an effort to make big plays/cause turnovers) they could dig a hole deeper than his offense could produce out of. Whatever ambivalence if any there may have been, did not prevent the defense from being effective. He was of the beleif that a vastly improved offense would reduce any sizeable onus on the defense, hence the hiring of Al Saunders.

Blache's defensive philosophy is sound and effective. He may not have all the parts he'd like to have to run some of the sets he would like, but sound nonetheless. There are times when he would like to be more aggressive, play more man and press coverages but his personnel dictate otherwise.
The fact that I want our defense to play better really has nothing to do with the offense trust me. That's the point I'm trying to make. I want the defense to play better regardless of how the offense is doing. To your point about Blache and sacks, you'll get no argument out of me, he really couldn't care less. At least everytime he's asked about the lack of sacks, that seems to be his stance. Maybe I should be using the word pressure since that is what I'm really getting at. I use the word sacks because you are definitely getting pressure on the QB if you get them and probably more turnovers as well. I find it interesting that our FO doesn't share his philosophy though. We trade 2 draft picks for Jason Taylor, give AH more money than any DT has ever gotten, and draft the best pass rushing DE in the draft with our first round pick. What do you suppose the purpose was here? We sure didn't get Taylor and Orakpo to stop the run. And Haynesworth, although very good against the run, was acquired more for his ability to collapse the pocket to help get pressure on the QB than anything else.

I find it hard to believe that any HC in the NFL, or college for that matter, would not want more sacks, turnovers, and 3 and outs by the defense if they could get them. That is what I'm asking for. To think that this defense cannot get any better than it already is......well..it sounds a little "out there" to me. And the fact that a HC doesn't want his defense to get repeatedly burned on blitzes is completely understandable. If that is what is happening on blitzes you're probably not doing it right. IMO they should have stopped Blache from blitzing last year, he certainly isn't any better than Greg Williams at it and there is certainly nothing creative about them. They aren't disguised and end in completions as often as not. We have a good defense and I'm not hating on Blache, but I will not apologize for wanting it to be better, and the offense has nothing to do with me wanting that.

Last edited by 53Fan; 09-22-2009 at 01:46 AM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #65
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
The fact that I want our defense to play better really has nothing to do with the offense trust me. That's the point I'm trying to make. I want the defense to play better regardless of how the offense is doing. To your point about Blache and sacks, you'll get no argument out of me, he really couldn't care less. At least everytime he's asked about the lack of sacks, that seems to be his stance. Maybe I should be using the word pressure since that is what I'm really getting at. I use the word sacks because you are definitely getting pressure on the QB if you get them and probably more turnovers as well. I find it interesting that our FO doesn't share his philosophy though. We trade 2 draft picks for Jason Taylor, give AH more money than any DT has ever gotten, and draft the best pass rushing DE in the draft with our first round pick. What do you suppose the purpose was here? We sure didn't get Taylor and Orakpo to stop the run. And Haynesworth, although very good against the run, was acquired more for his ability to collapse the pocket to help get pressure on the QB than anything else.

I find it hard to believe that any HC in the NFL, or college for that matter, would not want more sacks, turnovers, and 3 and outs by the defense if they could get them. That is what I'm asking for. To think that this defense cannot get any better than it already is......well..it sounds a little "out there" to me. And the fact that a HC doesn't want his defense to get repeatedly burned on blitzes is completely understandable. If that is what is happening on blitzes you're probably not doing it right. IMO they should have stopped Blache from blitzing last year, he certainly isn't any better than Greg Williams at it and there is certainly nothing creative about them. They aren't disguised and end in completions as often as not. We have a good defense and I'm not hating on Blache, but I will not apologize for wanting it to be better, and the offense has nothing to do with me wanting that.
very well said.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #66
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
And the Eagles defense looked awesome today.
For all the people that thought it was no big deal when so many of us were up in arms about the absolutely stupid decision to cut Antonio Dixon. He got his first sack today and is part of their defensive line rotation. He has played in every game. This was the only good thing to come out of training camp and our dumb coaches cut him.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #67
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Really? Dixon was the only good thing to come out of training camp? And we're much worse off without Dixon?

Good for Dixon, but our D Line is just fine.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #68
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

^ +1
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #69
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Really? Dixon was the only good thing to come out of training camp? And we're much worse off without Dixon?

Anthony Montgomery has been hurt all year, Griffin is at the end of his career, and what are we doing with Renaldo Wynn waiting for him to develop so he can be active. Ok, you are right he was the second best thing, Marko Mitchell was the first and he has yet to get on the field. Another dumb move. Tell me what came out of training, camp that was better?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #70
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
For all the people that thought it was no big deal when so many of us were up in arms about the absolutely stupid decision to cut Antonio Dixon. He got his first sack today and is part of their defensive line rotation. He has played in every game. This was the only good thing to come out of training camp and our dumb coaches cut him.
Well, we would have to let someone else go if we decided to keep Dixon.. Although the spot for Anothony Montgomery could have been easily filled in by Dixon..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #71
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Well, we would have to let someone else go if we decided to keep Dixon.. Although the spot for Anothony Montgomery could have been easily filled in by Dixon..
Well i think Dixon had more upside then Monty & Wynn especially Wynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #72
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I just realy pisses me off, that we let him go. We have had so few undrafted free agents that have been worth keeping. Those are the players that realy help a franchise succeed. It is how we built our teams of the eighties. It would be one less position to think about in our next draft.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The guy had one sack (and what like 4 tackles all season) and we're up in arms about it? Really? Nevermind that we have Golston, Jarmon, Haynesworth, Griffin, Carter, Orakpo, heck even Chris Wilson can play the line. And maybe Carter or Griffin will be gone next year, or both. So what, Antonio Dixons are a dime a dozen. I guarantee we'll find another free agent, training camp hero defensive linemen next summer.

Really, of all the things to be upset about Dixon is not one of them. Like I said good for him, but losing him is irrelevant
Old 11-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #74
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:

Yes, good point. Thats great for him.

But that is the least of the Redskins problems. If the Offense could just play half as well as the D, we would be in decent shape.

Most know it starts up front and with a smart/quick decision making QB. Something IMO we have neither.

On to the thread. As we move through this horrible season, it appears very clear to me this is the end of the line for Blache and more than likely the rest of the coaching staff.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #75
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
The guy had one sack (and what like 4 tackles all season) and we're up in arms about it? Really? Nevermind that we have Golston, Jarmon, Haynesworth, Griffin, Carter, Orakpo, heck even Chris Wilson can play the line. And maybe Carter or Griffin will be gone next year, or both. So what, Antonio Dixons are a dime a dozen. I guarantee we'll find another free agent, training camp hero defensive linemen next summer.

Really, of all the things to be upset about Dixon is not one of them. Like I said good for him, but losing him is irrelevant
I see what you are saying, but I saw what i believe to be more than just a dime a dozen talent. The guy is a rookie. A team like the Eagles, have used him as part of thier rotation every game. We just payed a hundred million for a DT. You watch, he is more than another UDF. I watched him closely and he was a bull dozer coming through the middle on every play(in pre-season).