Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Report: skins say they will pick a qb with the 4th pick..

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #61
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Report: skins say they will pick a qb with the 4th pick..

If we trade Haynesworth to Detroit, we'll lose Okung for sure. They'll get their DT they were likely to pick with the #2 pick and then scoop up Okung to fill their other big need.

If we do a deal like that, we better swap the #2 and #4 picks as part of the deal so we can get Okung.

Since we have McNabb for probably 4 good years barring a career-ending injury, I don't think there's a chance we take a QB in this draft at all. Even if JC is not our backup, Kyle Shanahan is confident in Grossman and we'd still have Colt Brennan...not the best but good enough backups for McNabb. We have real needs that the #4 pick can and will solve if we don't waste it on a QB to sit behind McNabb. Top 5 picks are not used for backup QBs. I hope and believe they're targeting Okung and if the Lions take him, we'll have a good situation to trade down with a team needing Claussen or whomever is availble between Suh and McCoy (one will be there if the Lions take Okung after the Rams get Bradford). We can still take a great LT a little later and get back our 2nd we traded for McNabb, or get a 3rd.

In any case, whether we can get Okung or not, we should take a Tackle.

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #62
MTK
\m/

Yeah taking a QB at #4 would be overkill. McNabb will probably play at least 3 more years and that means you get zero from that #4 pick until year 4 at least, huge waste.

I've got no problem going with a QB later on depending on who's available.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #63
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I don't understand why some people continue to take what Allen, Shanahan, or anyone from the Redskins organization says publically about anything right now. The draft is 3 days away. This is the time of year when everybody lies about everything. Whether what the redskins' staff says about anything is true or not, if they say something publically and on the record, its because it suits the team's agenda.

For example, expressing public confidence in the offensive line, whether genuine or not, serves multiple purposes: 1) it makes other teams question whether we intend to focuse on the offensive line in the draft; 2) in the event the line isnt addressed signficantly, it makes the current OL guys feel good and prevents bad blood from developing; 3) if the skins are currently negotiating with any free agent LTs (Flozell Adams, for example), it gives the skins additional leverage as they can say they don't really need the player; 4) if the skins are negotiating a trade for an offensive lineman, it also increases our leverage, as we don't come off as desperate as we otherwise would; and 5) it will serve to pacify the fans if we don't draft a LT in the first round and instead go with a playmaker since we can say, "before the draft, our offensive coordinator evaluated the line in minicamp and felt it was great for our new ZBS."

Don't anything anyone in any front office says this time of year at face value.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #64
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Watch -- Shanny will take Tebow at #4. How's that for a head-scratcher?

More like head-bang against the wall.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #65
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Watch -- Shanny will take Tebow at #4. How's that for a head-scratcher?

More like head-bang against the wall.
Then trade him to the Jags for the rights to Tony Boselli...wait, what?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #66
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Then trade him to the Jags for the rights to Tony Boselli...wait, what?
Tony Boselli is like the reverse Mike Williams. Rather then having to slim down he'll have to eat like 20 double-downs every day just to get back up to his playing weight.

Yes that really is Tony Boselli leaning against the wall.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #67
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Tony Boselli is like the reverse Mike Williams. Rather then having to slim down he'll have to eat like 20 double-downs every day just to get back up to his playing weight.

Yes that really is Tony Boselli leaning against the wall.
Yeah he does triathlons now. He's down like 100Lbs. And he wasn't fat before.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

It's amazing when you see some of these big guys slimmed down after football. It's really scary when you think about all that extra weight they are carrying around for all those years. Granted a lot of it is muscle, but a lot of it is fat too.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #69
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's amazing when you see some of these big guys slimmed down after football. It's really scary when you think about all that extra weight they are carrying around for all those years. Granted a lot of it is muscle, but a lot of it is fat too.
I don't know he seems fine to me in this pic (in terms of general health), and for a guy as tall as Boselli 300+ isn't that much.

However I definitely agree that the majority of NFL big men are going to have to get rid of a lot of their playing weight and try to avoid the trap that our very own BMW fell into a few years ago. I think Schlereth did a good job of slimming down post-NFL but getting to the size of a guy like Mark May post-NFL might be ideal. Boselli just seems way to skinny now if you ask me.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #70
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Dont we also have 5 QBs on our current roster.
Yeah how could you possibly replace Bartel and Brennan with a measly 1st QB taken in the draft?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #71
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Whats perplexing is Kyle Shanahan stated in one of his interviews that he is satisfied with the OL product we have now. Said he has no problem with the OL as it is right now and believes we would be competative... as is. When asked who he would use at LT he stated Heyer was the LT today (meaning Sun.). He basically said most people think with the zone blocking scheme teams need smaller faster OL and he stated thats a fabrication. He stated they prefer big guys who are fast or can move in space relatively well.

So my question is.... is there any possible way between Buges and Zorns scheme is the reason the OL did not do so well and the new coach's have seen this and are happy with our talent?
Yeah, most coaches just say "wow our o-line sucks we'll prob cut all of these guys!"

Of course that's what he said.. they also said Campbell was our QB and so on.. or whatever the actual quote was

Anyone who's followed football more than a year knows this, no offense meant by that.. I think that we'll get more out of some of our guys.. Rabach, etc.. and for some reason I think that Heyer will look better this year.. maybe not very good, but I'm expecting significant change in his game.. hopefully for the better and not worse
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #72
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If there was a QB I pick on the 5th round it would be Kafka from Northwestern (great athlete with potential)

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I don't know he seems fine to me in this pic (in terms of general health), and for a guy as tall as Boselli 300+ isn't that much.

However I definitely agree that the majority of NFL big men are going to have to get rid of a lot of their playing weight and try to avoid the trap that our very own BMW fell into a few years ago. I think Schlereth did a good job of slimming down post-NFL but getting to the size of a guy like Mark May post-NFL might be ideal. Boselli just seems way to skinny now if you ask me.

At 6'7 and 322, that is too much weight for your average person. Someone that height should be around 230-250 to be considered in their ideal range, which he appears to be now. That's based on the BMI index and is just a general range of course.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #74
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
At 6'7 and 322, that is too much weight for your average person. Someone that height should be around 230-250 to be considered in their ideal range, which he appears to be now. That's based on the BMI index and is just a general range of course.
and a total lack of muscle