Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #61
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
I would rather he play 15-20 snaps a game for someone else.
Really? That'd be about half his lowest snap count, which was in the Detroit game that he had to leave early in.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #62
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I trust JLC more than i trust Schefter when it comes to this sort of thing. his closeness to shanahan makes the accuracy of the information doubtful, especially when its to the skins strategic advantage to get false information out there. kinda like - whether it was about the search for WMDs or stories on the war in iraq, who would be most likely to report information closer to the truth - Fox News or the BBC? i'm not trying to get political beacuse I really don't care. I just think that, when agendas are involved, the media outlet with "closest" source is not going to have the most accurate information.
Has JLC been right or on time with ANYTHING this year that's about us? He's broke a few things league wide but he's usually 2-4 days behind what we're even talking about on here. Remember he was the one saying that we were top on the list for Porter, Dansby, Pashos, etc etc

Just not much of what he's said has actually come close to anything that's happened.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #63
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I trust JLC more than i trust Schefter when it comes to this sort of thing. his closeness to shanahan makes the accuracy of the information doubtful, especially when its to the skins strategic advantage to get false information out there. kinda like - whether it was about the search for WMDs or stories on the war in iraq, who would be most likely to report information closer to the truth - Fox News or the BBC? i'm not trying to get political beacuse I really don't care. I just think that, when agendas are involved, the media outlet with "closest" source is not going to have the most accurate information.
Well I'm sure JLC has no love for the Redskins FO so that (I think) would give a bit of a negative bias to his reports. Throw on top of that the whole "drama/negativity sells" makes me not trust JLC.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #64
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Has JLC been right or on time with ANYTHING this year that's about us? He's broke a few things league wide but he's usually 2-4 days behind what we're even talking about on here. Remember he was the one saying that we were top on the list for Porter, Dansby, Pashos, etc etc

Just not much of what he's said has actually come close to anything that's happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well I'm sure JLC has no love for the Redskins FO so that (I think) would give a bit of a negative bias to his reports. Throw on top of that the whole "drama/negativity sells" makes me not trust JLC.
apparently, you havent been paying attention recently. JLC has consistently praised the redskins front office under its current front office structure. he's on the tony kornheiser show every week and almost goes out of his way to praise the way the skins have handled the offseason. also, the redskins did pursue everyone JLC reported they pursued - its just at the end of the day, the front office chose not to get in a bidding war and overpay for any of those guys.

regarding Haynesworth, JLC isnt the only one who has cited sources indicating the skins want to move haynesworth. in fact, everyone in the media who cites sources says thats exactly what the skins are trying to do - except schefter. while some of you feel schefter's closeness with Shanahan means he should be beleived over everyone else, i think we have to look at the situation objectively.

while i'll trust schefter to provide updates on acquisitions in process, contract negotiations, etc - i dont take a thing he says about something at face value when shanahan would have a strategic reason to be less than forthright - especially when everyone else is reporting something different that schefter.

Also, Smoot, would you mind clarifying one point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
-That said, Shanahan isn't looking to unload Haynesworth but he is listening to offers and may settle for something a bit less than value
that statement seems somewhat contradictory. Saying Shanahan isnt "looking to unload" Haynesworth implies he either doesnt want to move him or doesn't really care either way. Stating that he "may settle for something a bit less than value" indicates he really want to move him, even if we don't get what we should. If either of the former statements were true, there would be no chance Shanahan would trade Haynesworth for anything less than value, wouldnt it?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #65
over the mountain
Playmaker

didnt JLC "break" the mcnabb trade? im not sure but i thought it was him over adam.

it kinda sucks to know good skins players (AH, rogers, landry, carter) are available but noone wants to pony up anything remotely comparable to what they would give us if we just kept them.

odd, id snap up landry or los for a 4th in a heart beat. AH, coaches call on whether he would want to deal with him and probably his demand for a new K, but id drop a 2nd rounder for him, especially if he says he'll honor his contract.

just weird to see such talent available all across the league with 2nd 3rd 4th rounders being treated like gold. boldin and a 5th for a 3rd and 4th? yes please.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #66
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
didnt JLC "break" the mcnabb trade? im not sure but i thought it was him over adam.

it kinda sucks to know good skins players (AH, rogers, landry, carter) are available but noone wants to pony up anything remotely comparable to what they would give us if we just kept them.

odd, id snap up landry or los for a 4th in a heart beat. AH, coaches call on whether he would want to deal with him and probably his demand for a new K, but id drop a 2nd rounder for him, especially if he says he'll honor his contract.

just weird to see such talent available all across the league with 2nd 3rd 4th rounders being treated like gold. boldin and a 5th for a 3rd and 4th? yes please.
i think its a combination of teams really feeling good about what's available in the draft, although it would not surprise me if there was some "collusion" going on between league owners. there are quite a few talented RFAs out there and very few of them are moving. i think its possible the owners are trying to put extra pressure on the players to accept some less-than-favorable terms in the next CBA.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #67
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I would offer Campbell and Carter or Rogers to the Raiders for a 2nd rounder. carter is from the Bay area and probably wouldn't mind coming back here.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #68
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:

When has Schefter put incorrect information out there related to Shanahan? Also, when has he ever furthered Shanahan's agenda? You don't think ESPN would discipline him for that?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #69
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Really? That'd be about half his lowest snap count, which was in the Detroit game that he had to leave early in.

tryfuhl, don't fill the Godzilla haters minds with facts. According to them the only times he stepped on the field he ended the play rolling around on the ground.

He had nothing to do with single handedly stopping the Giants line, fullback and rhinocerous of a runningback on that 4th and one. He also had nothing to do with shutting down Dallas' short yardage plays.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
When has Schefter put incorrect information out there related to Shanahan? Also, when has he ever furthered Shanahan's agenda? You don't think ESPN would discipline him for that?
I agree.
I would think that silence from Schefter would be more indicative of agreement with JLC's point, but I doubt Schefter would go out and play any part of a Shanahan media strategy using disinformation. My guess would be more so that Shanahan saw the media spinning away and possibly turning the situation into a J Cutler type one, so he tried to calm the waters through Schefter.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #71
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
who said Schefter beleived the information was incorrect. Also, you dont realize that John Clayton also works for ESPN and he cited multiple sources who said Haynesworth was being shopped. So two ESPN analysts reported conflicting information. One sites several anonymous sources. The other cites an "anonymous" source who most definitely has an agenda. Its not hard to read between the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree.
I would think that silence from Schefter would be more indicative of agreement with JLC's point, but I doubt Schefter would go out and play any part of a Shanahan media strategy using disinformation. My guess would be more so that Shanahan saw the media spinning away and possibly turning the situation into a J Cutler type one, so he tried to calm the waters through Schefter.
except that the great smootmsack himself indicates that Shanahan is willing to trade Haynesworth at a below market value. And tons of other reporters out there cite sources saying the skins want to move him and they'd be surprised if he's on the roster. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear it for some reason, but all signs point to the skins moving Haynesworth if they reasonably can.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #72
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Schefter is a professional who has worked and continues to work extremely hard at his job and to get where he is. He may be wrong, even the most experts of experts are wrong. And only Shanahan and Allen truly know what they want to do. But what they want to do may and has changed leading up to (and I'm sure during) the draft. But Schefter (nor JLC for that matter) is trying to push any sort of agenda.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #73
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Schefter is a professional who has worked and continues to work extremely hard at his job and to get where he is. He may be wrong, even the most experts of experts are wrong. And only Shanahan and Allen truly know what they want to do. But what they want to do may and has changed leading up to (and I'm sure during) the draft. But Schefter (nor JLC for that matter) is trying to push any sort of agenda.
i realize you may not have been responding directly to me, but I NEVER said or implied that Schefter had an agenda - Shanahan's the one with the agenda. To be honest, i'd be rather disappointed in Shanahan if he wasn't employing a good amount of strategery. Its refreshing when compared to the Vinny/Zorn days - when everyone pretty much knew everything that they were going to do long before they did it. Would you mind clarifying that one point i asked about earlier? I trust the information you share from your sources more than any official media outlet.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #74
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

This is what needs to happen 1 or more of our so called team leaders should call AH & tell him you need to be here if they haven't already. AH is his own man but the call should be made anyway.

HTTR.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
who said Schefter beleived the information was incorrect. Also, you dont realize that John Clayton also works for ESPN and he cited multiple sources who said Haynesworth was being shopped. So two ESPN analysts reported conflicting information. One sites several anonymous sources. The other cites an "anonymous" source who most definitely has an agenda. Its not hard to read between the lines.
I'll just repost what I did a few days ago, since it was missed:

The relationship between teams and the media is an admittedly complicated one. And the same media entity can have multiple sources within the same team making it even more complicated

Also, John Clayton did not say "actively shopping" he said "willing to part". And Schefter never said they aren't "willing to part" with Haynesworth. Like I said, they'll listen to offers for Haynesworth (more so than they would for say Devin Thomas) but they're not shopping him around.

Quote:
except that the great smootmsack himself indicates that Shanahan is willing to trade Haynesworth at a below market value. And tons of other reporters out there cite sources saying the skins want to move him and they'd be surprised if he's on the roster. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear it for some reason, but all signs point to the skins moving Haynesworth if they reasonably can.
Who's smootmsack? Anyhow see above. Actively shopping and willing to part with are not the same thing. They're simply not. What the Redskins are actively trying to do is improve the team