Cerrato joins ESPN draft team

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Cerrato joins ESPN draft team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
I'm so glad Cerrato's not here anymore. A year after draft 3 receivers in the 2nd round (and neglecting our lines), he was still thinking about drafting Crabtree in the 1st round.. Thank goodness Orakpo was there..
I bet he didn't have an Oher jersey
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #62
DIRTEE
Special Teams

C'mon ESPN, Cerrato as an draft analyst. Did Matt Millen say no? Cerrato as an draft analyst is like having Big Ben as an operator on a rape hotline.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #63
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Ole BUG EYES still doesn't no when to shut up. Vinny I'm laughin at ya not with ya...

Cerrato praises Sims, takes shot at Millen
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2010 5:31 PM ET
Former Redskins Executive VP Vinny Cerrato weighed in on the three-way trade that sent linebacker Ernie Sims from the Lions to the Eagles, and he said the Eagles got a great deal -- while taking shot at a fellow former NFL personnel man.

"I think they stole him," Cerrato said of the Eagles acquiring Sims in an interview with 97.3 ESPNFM. "Ernie Sims is an outstanding player. They'll play him at will linebacker, which in their defense, a smaller guy with speed fits. He'll run and make a lot of tackles and the guy is a tackling machine."

But Cerrato wasn't done there. He also felt the need to make a crack at the expense of the man who drafted Sims, former Lions President Matt Millen.

"The only thing is, if Matt Millen said he was a great player, then we don't know," Cerrato said.

Ouch. Not very nice. But kind of funny.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #64
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

They had Cerrato on 106.7 with Wise. It was pretty funny as they kept poking fun at him.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #65
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
They had Cerrato on 106.7 with Wise. It was pretty funny as they kept poking fun at him.
he said he would take tebow in the second

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #66
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Ole BUG EYES still doesn't no when to shut up. Vinny I'm laughin at ya not with ya...

Cerrato praises Sims, takes shot at Millen
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2010 5:31 PM ET
Former Redskins Executive VP Vinny Cerrato weighed in on the three-way trade that sent linebacker Ernie Sims from the Lions to the Eagles, and he said the Eagles got a great deal -- while taking shot at a fellow former NFL personnel man.

"I think they stole him," Cerrato said of the Eagles acquiring Sims in an interview with 97.3 ESPNFM. "Ernie Sims is an outstanding player. They'll play him at will linebacker, which in their defense, a smaller guy with speed fits. He'll run and make a lot of tackles and the guy is a tackling machine."

But Cerrato wasn't done there. He also felt the need to make a crack at the expense of the man who drafted Sims, former Lions President Matt Millen.

"The only thing is, if Matt Millen said he was a great player, then we don't know," Cerrato said.

Ouch. Not very nice. But kind of funny.
One unemployed personnel man slams another unemployed personnel man. That's meaningful.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #67
rbanerjee23
The Starter

They have him there so that people can take his advice and analysis and find success doing the exact opposite of what he suggests

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #68
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTEE View Post
C'mon ESPN, Cerrato as an draft analyst. Did Matt Millen say no? Cerrato as an draft analyst is like having Big Ben as an operator on a rape hotline.
With Mike Tyson as his supervisor.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I listened to it on the radio. The guy never takes any responsibility for some of the bad picks he made. He mentions ST, Samuels and Orakpo and you can hear him pretty much bragging about those guys. Yet he fails to mention any of the bums. What a loser.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #70
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I listened to it on the radio. The guy never takes any responsibility for some of the bad picks he made. He mentions ST, Samuels and Orakpo and you can hear him pretty much bragging about those guys. Yet he fails to mention any of the bums. What a loser.
He was also on Mike and Mike this morning, and emphasized not once, but twice, that the team didn't have a franchise quarterback during his years in Washington, and commented the second time he said it that that is the reason why he is now doing commentary for ESPN.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #71
rbanerjee23
The Starter

^^ Wow are you serious?? I really hated that guy for being a crappy 'GM' but to openly insult one of the players you were involved in drafting in the first round, no less? I cannot understand how Snyder kept him around for as long as he did.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
He was also on Mike and Mike this morning, and emphasized not once, but twice, that the team didn't have a franchise quarterback during his years in Washington, and commented the second time he said it that that is the reason why he is now doing commentary for ESPN.
Nice to see nothing has changed with VC. Still as delusional as ever.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #73
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
VC is not the sharpest tool in the shed. So he still will not admit that the offensive line was neglected in the draft for so many years and that was the major cause of our failure in 2009? What an ego on that guy. He will never be a GM in the NFL again. What was Snyder thinking when hired him twice?
I hated VC from day ONE. I was one of the guys that always wanted to get rid of Ceratto for a real GM. Snyder and Ceratto was a terrible duo as our GM.
How diffrent things would have been if we kept Casserly and later Schottenheimer.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #74
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
^^ Wow are you serious?? I really hated that guy for being a crappy 'GM' but to openly insult one of the players you were involved in drafting in the first round, no less? I cannot understand how Snyder kept him around for as long as he did.
He never wanted anything to do with Campbell. I don't think he was ever a fan, but still no reason for him to say those things. VC's a strange bird, never been much of a "high road" kind of guy.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #75
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He never wanted anything to do with Campbell. I don't think he was ever a fan, but still no reason for him to say those things. VC's a strange bird, never been much of a "high road" kind of guy.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote