'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog

Parking Lot

Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #61
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: 'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Do you even watch the show? Are you sure you know who i am talking about? The man curses, swears, and goes off every minute that the TV is on.

Exchange words from time to time? The more i re-read your post i get the feeling that you dont know who i am talking about.
Hell I might have the wrong show for what that matters.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #62
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'll argee with this. Whne I was talking about Rots and Pits I was speaking from the stand point that I would not have one in my home. I don't have problem with people who choose to but its a risk they take. I'm sure I take risk all the time that others would not take.
I agree , I do not have a problem with Pits and Rots , I just won't live with something that is capable of killing me . Welcome to Cesar Millan's Official Web Site | Cesar Millan I understand he is one of the most respected dog trainers around .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #63
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
I agree , I do not have a problem with Pits and Rots , I just won't live with something that is capable of killing me . Welcome to Cesar Millan's Official Web Site | Cesar Millan I understand he is one of the most respected dog trainers around .
You're not married, I take it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #64
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Sad thread turned bizarre.

How can there be any debate whether kids should be left alone w/ animals that can kill them? Seriously? Don't tell me well-trained dogs don't attack. Pull that tail harder or slap its nose and see what happens. The kid doesn't know better because it's a kid...the dog doesn't know better because it's 90% instinct. Bad combo!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #65
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

YouTube - Ax Men: Jim Feels The Pressure

Just so there is no confusion lol as to who i'm talking about. Watch the clip. This is Jimmy & James from S&S Logging....the language is NSFW.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #66
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
YouTube - Ax Men: Jim Feels The Pressure

Just so there is no confusion lol as to who i'm talking about. Watch the clip. This is Jimmy & James from S&S Logging....the language is NSFW.

I have worked in plenty of kitchens and chefs are pretty much like this all the time in the heat of the moment but they be the first to buy you a drink at the end of the night too. In high stress jobs people sometimes just like to swear and yell you got be able to realize they are pissed at the moment not you. I would say this is probably not a good measuring stick of who this guy really is.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #67
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
You're not married, I take it.
LOL . No , I'am not . I will have to take my chances one day , of course , these days , I would be more worried about her taking half my $ than my life
Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #68
cpayne5
Playmaker

Ironically, the topic of Cesar Millan's latest episode spoke exclusively about dangerous dog myths. He highlighted three breeds - Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds. Check it out. The show airs on National Geographic Channel. The title is "Most Aggressive Breeds".

I found one of his closing quotes to be perfect for this thread...
"So next time you hear about a dog attack, please don't just blame the dog or its breed. Let's all make sure everyone understands why the dog became that way - because of the human in that dog's life."
Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #69
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I'm a huge fan of both Pits and Rotts and hope to own one of the two soon.

The thing I feel though is you have to be VERY careful of those that you get from shelters, especially if they have had a background full of abuse.

And training is SO important with any dog. I work with dogs and nothing pisses me off more than a dog that walks you instead of you walking it. Just spend the $150 (at Petsmart. There are some places that offer training for free), take an 8 week course, keep up the training at home and it makes everyone so much happier and I'm sure the furniture and carpet will appreciate it too.

That being said, you have to be careful with kids around ANY sort of dog. Just because rotts and pitts are known to be aggressive (with bad training/owners) doesn't mean if you don't piss off the local golden retriever enough it won't snap at you.

Oh and if you wanna talk aggressive breeds... Look no further than a chihuahua. Those things are little rat bastards.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #70
firstdown
Living Legend

Besides teaching my dogs how to sit, come, walk on a leash, and a few other things I have never had to teach them how not to attack people. I guess that's what has to be done if you own a dangerous dog. I'm thinking if I have to teach a dog not to attack then its probably not a good idea for a family pet.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #71
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Besides teaching my dogs how to sit, come, walk on a leash, and a few other things I have never had to teach them how not to attack people. I guess that's what has to be done if you own a dangerous dog. I'm thinking if I have to teach a dog not to attack then its probably not a good idea for a family pet.
Just find an old stuffed animal , put it in a .... cowturd , iggle or giants jersey and tease the hell out of the dog/s .... and let us know what happens
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #72
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Just find an old stuffed animal , put it in a .... cowturd , iggle or giants jersey and tease the hell out of the dog/s .... and let us know what happens
What any dog or a rot/ pit.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #73
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Ironically, the topic of Cesar Millan's latest episode spoke exclusively about dangerous dog myths. He highlighted three breeds - Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds. Check it out. The show airs on National Geographic Channel. The title is "Most Aggressive Breeds".

I found one of his closing quotes to be perfect for this thread...
"So next time you hear about a dog attack, please don't just blame the dog or its breed. Let's all make sure everyone understands why the dog became that way - because of the human in that dog's life."

in some cases, yes, the owner can be blamed but in 99% of dog attacks, the dog is to be blamed because of those 99%, 98% of them are pits or rotts. those dogs are just too aggressive and they can snap without warning. imo, it's a stupid idea to have a pit or rott if you have small children, why not just get a lion or an alligator.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #74
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
in some cases, yes, the owner can be blamed but in 99% of dog attacks, the dog is to be blamed because of those 99%, 98% of them are pits or rotts. those dogs are just too aggressive and they can snap without warning. imo, it's a stupid idea to have a pit or rott if you have small children, why not just get a lion or an alligator.
I don't think that Rots or Pits attack much more then the average dog its just the damage they do when they attack.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #75
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
98% of dog attacks are Pits or Rotts? Really, you can't possibly believe that, can you?

It's stupid to assume that a Rottweiler or a Pit Bull can't be a great dog with your kids. It's also stupid to compare these dogs to a lion or an alligator.

Want to visit mine the next time you're in northern Virginia? If you like dogs at all, you'll leave with a different mindset. I guarantee it.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote