Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Looking ahead to the Eagles

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #61
Bucket
Playmaker

Re: Looking ahead to the Eagles

We lack serious depth and talent in key positions. Luckily, the Eagles do to. We have had some really good game plans the first two weeks.

Thursday on a short week exposed our lack of talent and depth. So I look for us to bounce back and run the ball well in a rain filled game.

Redskins 33
Eagles 17

I'm also counting on Bradford to throw a few bad balls that get tipped for INT. He has small baby hands and the rain should be a factor.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #62
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I'm predicting a smack down. We really put it to Philly this weekend in all phases. They get some garbage points in the end to make it look closer than it is when Dirty Sanchez comes in for an injured Sam.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #63
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
they werent prepared against the Giants. not at all
Yup and/or their plan was flawed.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #64
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

There is just no way we score 33 points unless we get a td or 2 from the defense plus the rain could be intense. I'd expect like a 17 14 game or even 13 10 ish
Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Yup and/or their plan was flawed.
I think the PLAYERS were flawed. Not the plan.

To me it looked like their guys made plays and ours didn't. Bleeland was in position to make a play but didn't. Their wr's were better and beat him twice for TD's.

Their RB bull rushed our rb and blocked the punt. He was in position to block the guy, but didn't/couldn't cause their guy was better.

Manning didn't turn the ball over, KC did, twice. Plus KC missed a couple of TD's. KC was ready to play, no one prepares more than he does, but at this stage Eli is just better. He didn't miss his TD opportunities, KC did.

Where was Kerrigan and Hatcher? No sacks or pressures.

We could not run the ball cause their linemen were pushing ours around in the run game.

None of their Rb's fumbled the ball out of the end zone.

I think we'll see more of the same Sunday. Close game but do we have enough playmakers on the field to win the game???
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #66
jamf
Pro Bowl

The Eagles will have good field position all day because we will punt away from Proles and our team doesn't get sacks.
This is going to be a difficult game but I think bad weather helps us out since we are the better running team.
Sproles will be a problem. Robinson can keep him contained.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #67
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think the PLAYERS were flawed. Not the plan.

To me it looked like their guys made plays and ours didn't. Bleeland was in position to make a play but didn't. Their wr's were better and beat him twice for TD's.

Their RB bull rushed our rb and blocked the punt. He was in position to block the guy, but didn't/couldn't cause their guy was better.

Manning didn't turn the ball over, KC did, twice. Plus KC missed a couple of TD's. KC was ready to play, no one prepares more than he does, but at this stage Eli is just better. He didn't miss his TD opportunities, KC did.

Where was Kerrigan and Hatcher? No sacks or pressures.

We could not run the ball cause their linemen were pushing ours around in the run game.

None of their Rb's fumbled the ball out of the end zone.

I think we'll see more of the same Sunday. Close game but do we have enough playmakers on the field to win the game???
If it was just a matter of players, there would be no need for coaches. Scheming/game plan matters, its not just players. We have shown when we power run, we can. But when we are running the ball with a TE built for catching and not blocking being responsible for a DE on the attack side, thats a scheme error.

Players certainly deserve their share of the blame, but to say it was just the players fault is to claim the NFL game is as standard as pop warner, and thats just plain wrong.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #68
kingj
Special Teams

Nfl live crew picked skins over eagles...I know it's bizarre to hear national media picking skins in any game.

The reasoning is that skins can run the ball and eagles can't and that it will be important in this weekend's bad weather game...
kingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

What's the weather report because I heard rain is low for the game?
Old 10-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #70
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
What's the weather report because I heard rain is low for the game?
As of now, they are calling for rain through Sat. but on and off on Sun. The field will probably get torn up pretty bad tbh. So it still might be a mud bowl even if it doesnt rain much on Sun.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #71
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
If it was just a matter of players, there would be no need for coaches. Scheming/game plan matters, its not just players. We have shown when we power run, we can. But when we are running the ball with a TE built for catching and not blocking being responsible for a DE on the attack side, thats a scheme error.

Players certainly deserve their share of the blame, but to say it was just the players fault is to claim the NFL game is as standard as pop warner, and thats just plain wrong.
I agree, I just didn't see instances where we were getting out coached. There have been instances in the past but just didn't see that against the Giants.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #72
MTK
\m/

It's always the same. Loss = bad coaching/play calling. Fans put way too much emphasis on this stuff.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #73
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree, I just didn't see instances where we were getting out coached. There have been instances in the past but just didn't see that against the Giants.
I have a question for you then (actually a few)...do you think there is someone on the roster that can provide better punt protection then Plummer? Whose responsiblity is it to ensure that the better player was on the field?

Is there a better POA blocking TE then Carrier? Whose responsiblity is it to make sure that McCoy is in the game blocking POA?

Whose job is to recognize that our TEs (other then McCoy) can be effective in combo or double team blocks but not singled up vs a DE?

Whose job is to recognize that Roberts has the drops and not count on him in key spots?

Whose decision is it attack via the pass vs diverse run game with 2-3 TEs?

Whose decision is it not to play Rashard Ross?

Whose decision is to not double ODB?

I can go on...and drill down further into the myriad of coach controlled decisions that can win or lose games.

Coaches matter, scheme matters.

It's why a player succeed in one scheme and fail in another its why rueben droughns can be an 1,000 yard rusher its Alex Smith can go from a bust to solid starting QB...etc...etc...etc...
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #74
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

In the NFL, the home team wins about 57% of the time. On Thursday night games, this goes up to 60%. When you are a flawed team, on the road, on Thursday night, you will lose.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #75
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's always the same. Loss = bad coaching/play calling. Fans put way too much emphasis on this stuff.
We don't have depth anywhere on this team except DL and RB. These guys who are complaining about coaching like we'd be superbowl bound if only we had Tom Coughlin as a head coach drive me nuts. This year isn't about a deep playoff run, we're just trying to get into the mid level. Let's do that first. Tom Coughlin, Andy Reid or Hank Stram wouldn't have this team 14-2 so everybody just relax and appreciate that we are heading in the right direction for once.. Maybe a year or two from now, we'll be there but don't throw out the positives we've seen and start blaming the coaches.. This is a good start, be excited about it..
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote