Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #61
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Re: Giants Post Game Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt31 View Post
How many games you give Jay?
He will last the season. I don't put the L last night on Jay (I am not his biggest supporter but it wasnt his fault). The ball bounced the Giants way all night. Jay had a decent game plan that the QB didnt execute. It's that simple

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #62
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTibbs View Post
Hope he's fired at the Bye.
Totally agree!!! I know Bmitch, John Kiem, all the reporters he backstabbing players too might not like it!!
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #63
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
the game went like i thought it might..the stuff that bothered me was the blocked punt..that was pathetic blocking! you can say what you want But every bounce went the giants way..breeland was in good position on several of those td catches it was almost like nothing was gonna go the skins way..how about the onside kicks..they misplayed both and still we could not get a break..Jones fumbles crossing the goal ..it was hard to watch! The Skins fought ..bottom line is simple,We are not good enough to give away anything and we need to take advantage of every blunder the other team makes. last night the opposite happened.
This is pretty much how I viewed the game. It got to the point where I was just expecting the next 'bad thing' to happen. I would also add in the fact that Kirk was not sharp. He was throwing a step behind the receivers all night, and that one to JR would have been a TD had he put some air under it, rather than throw a line drive. He'll come around. He wasn't horrible as some have said here, and he didn't fold after throwing an INT, but he needs to improve on his ball placement.

I had no problems with the game plan. Offensively we just need to execute better - losing Lauvao did not help the game plan either. Defensively, need to get more pressure, but when the QB gets rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds, only so much you can do there.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #64
Schneed10
A Dude

Definitely some accuracy issues for Kirk. The interior line didn't hold up as well this week, the pocket folded in on him plenty of times. But that's not an excuse, he still had time to throw, he's got to get the ball placed where it needs to be.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm a gruden fan and I know I'm not in the majority on this but I think he can be a good HC given the right players. If we fire him then that's just another head coach given 2 years in Washington doesn't that get old folks? U can't just keep firing guys over and over. As far as the qb position goes I'd love to just ship griffin to Tennessee for mettenburger but that's not happening so we are stuck with kirk and just have to hope he turns his career around.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #66
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

You can blame Cousins but there were other issues last night. Example, were was the pass rush? None!!

Redskins QB Kirk Cousins doesn't get all the blame, but he deserves his share - NFL Nation - ESPN

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #67
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt31 View Post
How many games you give Jay?
I think you have to give him the season. However, he needs to figure out how to come up with an offensive scheme that focuses on the run and finds a way to overcome the passing deficiencies. He also needs to find a way to make Cousins just a game manager.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just got this text lol
Old 09-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #69
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Good: Rashad Ross is a baller. Why he isn't he further up the depth chart? It should go: Garcon, Grant, Crowder, Ross. F Andre Roberts oiled up butterfinger ass. He drops at least one catchable, crucial pass per game. Ross can't be worse than that.

It was nice to return a kick for a TD. Garbage time or not, maybe we're not completely inept on special teams.

Keenan Robinson. Dude has heart. I like him.

Bad: Cousins threw 50 passes. I get it. They're stacking the box. The pass will open up the run. But when Cousins is your QB there has to be some alternative to having him throw so much? A dude like Cousins needs to be throwing less than 30 times a game.

That Plummer nobody. I can't blame the ST as a unit because Plummer got worked by a guy half his size. Not once but twice. Way to be the biggest bitch on the team, buddy.

Alfmo. Where was he? I understand Gruden working with the hot hand. But come on, they should be getting 50/50 carries. Or at least not more than 60/40.

Breeland getting worked by OBJ. He's one of the best and Breeland was just outmatched. We desperately need a true #1 cover guy. Everyone made that sound like Culliver but where the fuck has he been?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:53 AM   #70
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm a gruden fan and I know I'm not in the majority on this but I think he can be a good HC given the right players. If we fire him then that's just another head coach given 2 years in Washington doesn't that get old folks? U can't just keep firing guys over and over. As far as the qb position goes I'd love to just ship griffin to Tennessee for mettenburger but that's not happening so we are stuck with kirk and just have to hope he turns his career around.
Gruden is a offensive coordinator, not a leader!!! Look at the top coaches, when things go bad they don't run to reporters with off the record comments. He talk to much, he don't hold everybody accountable, and he don't know how to adapt to the flo of the game!!
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #71
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Just got this text lol
lolololol.... I'd give him a big fat contract.... for the WIZ! #DCRISING
Old 09-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #72
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Here's something just to break up the whining:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-for-speeding/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #73
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We are a 6 win team at best. We will have games this year where we say "ok we turned a corner" (STL game). We will have games were we say "great effort just simply got beat by a better team" ( MIA game) Then we will have flat out bad games were we say "damn two steps back" (NYG game).

Over these three past weeks we have probably seen our 2015 Redskins, welcome to the season race fans!
I agree with this post. While I think most of the criticisms in this thread were warranted, too much is expected of this year's team by some of us. We have a long way to go before we become contenders.

My anchor is my belief in SM. As long as we have SM, I think we have a chance to get where we want to be in three years. Yes, I think it's going to take three years of hard work. That includes three FA classes, three drafts, three years of trades, UDFA's, stashing players on the practice squad, developing players, cutting the players who don't belong, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, we'll probably lose more games than we win this season. So, I'm trying to stay positive, enjoy the wins, and forget the losses.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #74
WillH
The Starter

This team is just still not very good. A strong ground game on Offense and Defense can keep you in and win games even with bad special teams play, but having a QB that can't make plays for you when the game is on the line, and has bad judgement is just too big a hurdle to overcome.

KC may get better, I know people have posted his numbers compared to the start of some elite QB's numbers at the same point in their career, but I think you could find many more examples of young QBs with similar stats that did not improve. For example this is how he compares with Patrick Ramsey:

G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A AY/A
Cousins 16 11 284 465 61.1 3429 20 21 79.2 7.4 6.2 6.2
Ramsey 16 12 246 463 53.1 3169 17 14 78.2 6.8 6.2 6.2
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #75
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Shanahan compares Cousins to Elway, is being serious | CSN Mid-Atlantic

Purveyor of fine Filth