Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What If...We Win?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #61
celts32
Playmaker

Re: What If...We Win?

I think the problems are all above Zorn so in my mind he can stay if they have a winning record and the offense improves and is somewhat responsible for them being a winning team. The coach of this team is irrelivent as long as Vinny is steering the ship.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #62
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You make good points as far as PPG and the defense, but that doesn't excuse their inability to get off the field on 3rd downs, and our sack/INT total is pacing to look just as terrible as last year's unit. I think that's got to fall at Blache's feet.

IMO he should have been fired as soon as he said sacks are "overrated." Convenient spin by a coordinator who can't buy a sack. The best defenses in the league are the ones that relentlessly pressure the QB, Greg.
Sacks , we don't need no stinking sacks . I wish your Gators would have had that belief going into the NCAA Champ. Game with OSU . That made me question our D Cord. ,,, we don't need / care about sacks ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #63
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

It's just like my drill instructor used to say to me, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be fat mother effers". Show me the money! No excuses.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #64
GTripp0012
Living Legend

All I think Zorn really needs to do is keep giving the notion that there's legitimate hope in this team for the future. If at some point, Snyder doesn't believe that better times are ahead, he'll cut his losses.

There's no set amount of wins, 7-9 could get Zorn extended if the offensive line gels and we win shootouts with teams like Atlanta, New Orleans, and Philadelphia with Campbell getting involved in the offensive POY discussion. Because that would represent significant progress.

What can't happen is that we fail to win a game between Week 7 and Week 13. Because that's the meat of our schedule, and if we lose 6 games in a row (even if we win the next three), Zorn probably doesn't even make the trip out to Oakland with the team.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #65
Eknox
Impact Rookie

I think he has to go deep into the playoffs, and win convincingly..
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #66
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

[in response to thread title only]

I hate hypothetical discussions
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #67
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

That's what I'm saying.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #68
53Fan
Franchise Player

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I just got to say this. D.Hall is a freakin idiot. I just heard him say that he disagrees with London Fletcher....that we are a great football team. Does this moron understand that great football teams play great football and we ain't playing great football? When did this ego-maniac become the voice of the team anyway? London Fletcher is a captain and to this point, Hall is a wannabe and nothing more. FKin dumbass. Sorry.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I just got to say this. D.Hall is a freakin idiot. I just heard him say that he disagrees with London Fletcher....that we are a great football team. Does this moron understand that great football teams play great football and we ain't playing great football? When did this ego-maniac become the voice of the team anyway? London Fletcher is a captain and to this point, Hall is a wannabe and nothing more. FKin dumbass. Sorry.
The only thing Hall needs to be doing is picking off Rookie QBs for pick 6's, if he ain't doing that then I don't really wanna hear from him.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #70
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
The only thing Hall needs to be doing is picking off Rookie QBs for pick 6's, if he ain't doing that then I don't really wanna hear from him.
Same here. Until you put up, shut up. He's got Los running around behind him like a little puppy basically repeating Halls BS. Los just said they need to find their identity, and Fletch basically said that didn't have anything to do with it and if you see a play in front of you, make it.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #71
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

We should start a thread about the roles that Sasquatch possibly might play in football.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #72
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
We should start a thread about the roles that Sasquatch possibly might play in football.
What happens if the Mayans, Egyptians, and Nostradomus are right about 2012?

In all seriousness the Bucs in my opinion are one of the worst teams in the league so the question should be what if we lose? If we lose to 2 terrible teams in back to back games, the shit is gonna hit the fan. Zorn needs to show Snyder that he can score some points. I mean the Saints have scored more TD's this year(14) then we have in our last 11 games.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #73
GusFrerotte

Playoffs is the only thing that will keep the Zorny around one more season, but to be honest, the odds of that happening are long indeed. I have about the same odds of banging Jessica Simpson than Zorn has of turning things around. When Marty got the team switching gears it was because they finally got in tune with his system, etc. Zorn in many ways is his own worst enemy and his system quite frankly is archaic. How can you explain JC passing for over 300 yards an ony 2 scores, plus losing to the Lions and barely beating the Rams. Our guys can produce, but the system does not play to their strengths. ANother major problem is our depth on defense. Holy shit, our defensive backfield starters go down for a prolonged period of time and we are in some serious shit. Even when they are healthy we are not in the best way. In short, Zorny needs to tinker with his system and pray to god our starting defensive backs don't get banged up too much for him to even think about making the playoffs and saving his job.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #74
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
What happens if the Mayans, Egyptians, and Nostradomus are right about 2012?

In all seriousness the Bucs in my opinion are one of the worst teams in the league so the question should be what if we lose? If we lose to 2 terrible teams in back to back games, the shit is gonna hit the fan. Zorn needs to show Snyder that he can score some points. I mean the Saints have scored more TD's this year(14) then we have in our last 11 games.

We lose to the Bucs at home season over, it is that simple. The Bucs are one really shitty team, even worse than the Lions. WE can take one with Dallas, but the Gmen and Philly, we will have 0 chance of beating, with our suspect D.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #75
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:

This thread title.....reminds me....of Stevie....from....Malcolm.....In the....Middle.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote