Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Moving on, how do you think the Skins perform vs. bucs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Moving on, how do you think the Skins perform vs. bucs

The team has to come out determined like the last two games were simply a fluke (whether or not they weren't).

At the end of the day, we're one win away from .500 (which is probably one less win than most thought we would have after the first quarter of the season) so it's really important for the players and coaches to focus on that and not come out dejected.

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #62
MTK
\m/

Just heard Andre Carter on Moving the Chains:

-He seemed to think guys are just trying to do too much, guys need to relax and have fun

-No problems with the schemes, players need to go out there and execute what is called

-Business as usual this week, preparing hard for the Bucs, last week is behind them

-On losing to the Lions, they were the better team that day

-Zorn has not lost the locker room. Too early in the season, still 13 games to go, a win this week and they're 2-2. The world is not ending.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #63
Spence
Special Teams

The Redskins SHOULD win this game, but they SHOULD have won the last game, too. I'll take the Skins 13-9.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'd like to say I think the Skins will win this game easily given I still think we have a pretty good roster and the Bucs are horrible and are giving us a second year qb who's never started (aka they should be ripe for the picking), but then again I thought the Skins would come out inspired to prove themselves against the Lions and look what happened.

Instead I'll just say I hope losing to the Lions was the thing they needed to change their state of mind and hopefully right the ship, and hopefully we'll see the Redskins team we know they are capable of being. If not, well then it's gonna be another long week and we'll be one week/step closer to going insane.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 AM   #65
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Jansen sold us out , TB doesn't have him, 35-7 Skins
I think you're right. Can't blame him he's with a new team he owes us nothing.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #66
skins89moss
Playmaker

[QUOTE=SC Skins Fan;599286]Watching some some games this year I think Detroit is a better team than Tampa Bay, though Tampa's offense gave Dallas all they could handle in week one (but that isn't exactly saying they are the 2007 Pats). They are giving Johnson his first start. He looked good in garbage time against the Giants and has a much quicker release than Leftwich, but Byron always lights it up in D.C. so maybe it is a good thing he is out. Two bad teams going at it on Sunday. I don't know, 13-9 flip a coin to see which team ends up on top? I might use the power of Sunday Ticket to watch something else and just catch the ShortCut. Depends if my wife insists on watching the Skins or not. It is that bad.[/QUOT

Why don't you just go ahead and use your DVR so if the Redskins win then you can go back later and watch. Sounds like you ready to jump the ship anyways.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #67
skins89moss
Playmaker

I think Greg Blache will call a more attacking style defense and we will see Orakpo rushing the passer more. I also hope to see Chris Wilson on the field more on pass rushing downs. We need a more athletic DT next to AH. Phillip Daniels provides no rush off the edge, do to his older age and lack of mobility. Like to see Jarmon or Wilson getting after the QB in rushing situations. The Redskins will break the Red Zone slump and Alridge will get some touches this game.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #68
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Blowout!

Redskins - 45
Tampa Bay - 10
Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #69
franklinhimself
Special Teams

We won't win unless the defense actually shows up. We absolutely have to stop the run from the get-go. We haven't been able to do that yet. It makes me really nervous.
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #70
SUNRA
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinhimself View Post
We won't win unless the defense actually shows up. We absolutely have to stop the run from the get-go. We haven't been able to do that yet. It makes me really nervous.
My feelings exactly. Derrick Ward killed us last year when he was with the Giants and did pretty good against Dallas. If our run defense gives up another 100 yd + game, there is no way we win this game and I don't care what team we play. We can't score points which leaves any team in the game.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #71
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Terrible. We lose.

Skins 1-4....on our way to 1-6 and the break.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #72
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I won't make any predictions on win or lose but I will make one...

Either we will dominate every phase of this game and win in a blowout or lose in a blowout. There won't be any close game this Sunday. We're due to suck it up and get back or track or just fold for the season.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #73
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
I think Greg Blache will call a more attacking style defense and we will see Orakpo rushing the passer more. I also hope to see Chris Wilson on the field more on pass rushing downs. We need a more athletic DT next to AH. Phillip Daniels provides no rush off the edge, do to his older age and lack of mobility. Like to see Jarmon or Wilson getting after the QB in rushing situations. The Redskins will break the Red Zone slump and Alridge will get some touches this game.
I liked that we've been seeing quite a bit of Jarmon out there. Have you noticed that we're getting gashed up the gut rather than on the edges? I think our ends are playing well. I get worried that since we allow AH to freelance, that he might miss someone coming up the middle.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #74
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I liked that we've been seeing quite a bit of Jarmon out there. Have you noticed that we're getting gashed up the gut rather than on the edges? I think our ends are playing well. I get worried that since we allow AH to freelance, that he might miss someone coming up the middle.
I would agree with you TMC except that Tennessee seemed to do just fine w/AH playing the way he does. I know that the "D" in general are missing a lot of tackles.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #75
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Just heard Andre Carter on Moving the Chains:

-He seemed to think guys are just trying to do too much, guys need to relax and have fun

-No problems with the schemes, players need to go out there and execute what is called
-Business as usual this week, preparing hard for the Bucs, last week is behind them

-On losing to the Lions, they were the better team that day

-Zorn has not lost the locker room. Too early in the season, still 13 games to go, a win this week and they're 2-2. The world is not ending.
The pressure just isn't there, and sometimes I think Blache could care less.

Larry Weisman, online reporter for Redskins.com had a good point the other day, but it's probably obvious to most: The Lions went with Max Protect the other day, and had seven blockers in for most of the game, while we rushed just four. That just won't get the job done, and I don't care how good your corners are -- (and ours aren't very good right now) -- when you give a QB all day to throw, he's going to connect more often than not.

We should have harassed Stafford all day long.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote