Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jason Campbell Says He Blacked Out After Hit on Final Drive

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 AM   #61
reppinredskins
Camp Scrub

Re: Jason Campbell Says He Blacked Out After Hit on Final Drive

If Campbell stayed in 1 system since hes been here I bet he would of proved hes our franchise QB. Its obvious he wont be here next year but I think he will be a big name QB some where else one day.
reppinredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #62
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, if there's one thing you can't knock Campbell for, it's toughness and resiliency. That's why I "facepalmed" your comment. Didn't seem like you were kidding. If you were, cool. If not, I mean, all you really have to do is watch how many times he gets right back up after getting squashed. If nothing else, he's a tough dude.
Oh I wasn't kidding. Now if the man was actually hurt then I do feel bad for him. It's just that it happened to come off what looked a lot softer than the other hits that he was taking and for him to lay down like that after a missed opportunity seemed a little coincidental. Facepalm it if that's how you feel, and I can understand that. I'm just saying for me, it's kinda like the guy that you bowl with and everytime he gets a gutter or misses an easy spare he looks down at his hand like it hurts. That's all.

He is a tough guy I'll give him that. He plays Philly extremely well though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #63
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
Funny..............but seriously how many penalties do the line get false start & holding penalties and force 3rd & long but now you put hella pressure on him to convert in those situations without the proper tools.
He's not in 3rd and long all the time. It happens to every QB here and there but some can make it happen, some can't. But it's not his fault though.

Yup, it's always everone around him but he is the victim. The guy that doesn't want to call his own protections is the victim. But you all are right, it's the o-line, the coaches.... I'm sorry....every coach that he has had because everyone is out to get him, the owner, the GM, Portis, Moss, everyone except him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #64
MTK
\m/

He was actually pretty good on 3rd down yesterday, especially 3rd and long.

The past few weeks I've gained some newfound respect for JC. He's taking a beating but he's playing well despite some really difficult circumstances.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #65
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensRedskinsFan View Post
No, but Sam Bradford will not air passes over the heads of our wide receivers....Jason Campbell is too stupid to be a starting QB in the NFL....the guy's a moron....

LETS GO METS!!!!
Listen if JC a mobile QB gets knocked out or knocked down on the regular why replaced him with a QB with a non-mobile QB with a bum shoulder? BTW your too stupid to post on this board if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #66
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I think I blacked out yesterday also after the last interception.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #67
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
He's not in 3rd and long all the time. It happens to every QB here and there but some can make it happen, some can't. But it's not his fault though.

Yup, it's always everone around him but he is the victim. The guy that doesn't want to call his own protections is the victim. But you all are right, it's the o-line, the coaches.... I'm sorry....every coach that he has had because everyone is out to get him, the owner, the GM, Portis, Moss, everyone except him.
You sir are absolutely right it does happen to some QB here & there but the Redskins guaranteed 3 to 5 a game. I'm not saying he is not at fault for some things but you can't say that the pieces around him put him in an ideal situation either. Name a QB going threw the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #68
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

JC is a good competitor but he also makes a ton of bad decisions. Plus he's too slow at making them, so we never see him at his best. He ovethrows his receivers on a lot of the...make that MOST of his deep passes.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #69
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
By the way I thought the non-call on JC getting slammed to the ground was pretty bad.
Didn't even the announcers make a comment about if that was Manning or Brady?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #70
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He was actually pretty good on 3rd down yesterday, especially 3rd and long.

The past few weeks I've gained some newfound respect for JC. He's taking a beating but he's playing well despite some really difficult circumstances.
I had thought the same thing also,but I thought he took a step backwards yesterday with the 2 picks
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #71
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
The fanbase, as a whole, I think, still views Campbell in a generally positive light, even those who think that when the Redskins are back in the playoffs again, Campbell won't be behind center.

You do not really represent the fanbase in your views though. I don't believe in wisdom in masses, but I think you'd be wise to listen to some other opinions here.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #72
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Didn't even the announcers make a comment about if that was Manning or Brady?
yes they did,and i heard them talking about it on nfl network on sirius this morning.But thats the problem with officiating,maybe the biggest problem,and thats consistancy.Calls seem to vary from game to game,individual to individual.So unless robots are calling the games theres always going to be this problem
Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I had thought the same thing also,but I thought he took a step backwards yesterday with the 2 picks
He also threw 2 TDs and ran in another.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #74
SBXVII
Franchise Player

^I think he's a decent QB. I think he could get the job done if he had a lot more time to get it done in. I still have issues with the fact that he seems to misread where the rush is coming from and doesn't move his protection to that side or change into something more favorable. I know media pundits have said there are some plays he can't change out of but a good system should always have an availability to change into something more favorible given what the defense is doing at the time.

I do think his speed of processing is slower then the great QB's out there. Why do I say that...for several reasons:

1) He seems to be missing reads down field and either throws the ball away or goes to his undernieth route.

2) His wind up has been mentioned before as being too slow.

3) I see JC having 3-7 sec. to get rid of the ball before pressure gets to him. I believe this is a normal time for most QB's. I'll take whatever OL is giving their QB 10-15 sec. to get rid of the ball. They even mentioned during one of the games on Thanksgiving how the team set up the plays so the QB could take a 3 step drop and throw the ball because of the other teams ability to rush the QB. 3 sec. and the ball was out.

4) I also think he might have some coordination issues. He seems to have trouble taking the ball, back peddling, and looking for a receiver who is WIDE open. He is tentative to throw the ball if it's in tight coverage and the hesitation usually results in a batted ball. This week he did better. He constantly looked to another receiver prior to going to the one he wanted and pump faked a few times which I have felt he needed to do all last season and this season. Not to mention sliding.

but again he's the best QB we have right now. Collins is getting old and can't scramble. I like Colt but as we have seen with Favre I think he would be the one who completes a lot of balls and has a lot intercepted.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
Listen if JC a mobile QB gets knocked out or knocked down on the regular why replaced him with a QB with a non-mobile QB with a bum shoulder? BTW your too stupid to post on this board if you ask me.
Actually bradford is pretty mobile, he just never had to run at ou... I would take him or clausen but seriously we need to have a veteran backup and not Collins. Jc won't stay as a backup so maybe we go out and sign bulger or something