Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Less Huff In the Booth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Less Huff In the Booth

I'm with the Aikman supporters crowd. Him being a game announcer has nothing to do with his playing days. He's actually my favorite out of all the announcers on Fox, he's always calm, level-headed, unbiased, and he brings great insight into the game too. Plus when he's talking it means I don't have to listen to Joe Buck.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #62
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The skins have no control over who announces our games that up to FOX. I actually think Aikmen is a good announcer and when they have him with the great Tom Brennaman they make a great team.
I know the Skins have no control, but FOX themselves should take these things into consideration.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #63
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So you prefer a homer in the booth basically.

As long as the guy in the booth does his job well, which Aikman does, I could care less who he used to played for.
and yes I'd prefer a homer in the booth. Personally I'd bet the homer would be able to walk in and talk to the players more often and know whats going on with each player and his position better then Aikmen would. Can't speak for Huff though. I'm not saying Huff should not go, I'm saying Aikmen should go announce Dallas games before they get rid of Huff. But I will say I have not liked any of the young guys they have used in the past in place of or with Huff and his team.

To me that is.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I know the Skins have no control, but FOX themselves should take these things into consideration.
Honest Question: Are you actually serious about this, or just trolling?

And who are your favorite announcers who have called Redskins games
Old 08-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #65
FRPLG
MVP

I prefer non-homers honestly. I cringe when I hear rampant homerism in the booth. Someone like Sonny is OK since he doesn't just BS how everything is great. Sam is terrible for that is noted above. Doc I think is not so great...to homerish for me.

But Sam...well he has to go. It's bordering on cruel to both him and fans to keep him on board. I know Sonny is tight with Snyder so maybe that affects it all.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #66
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I don't get the Aikman hate. To me he seems relatively unbiased and calls a pretty good game. I'm not much of a Joe Buck fan, but Aikman is one of the better Fox announcers in my mind.
I agree! Aikman is one of the best ones IMO.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm guess your dislike is more against the player Aikmen then the announcer Aikmen. I felt the same way at first then I realized he is fair when annoucing our games.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #68
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
and yes I'd prefer a homer in the booth. Personally I'd bet the homer would be able to walk in and talk to the players more often and know whats going on with each player and his position better then Aikmen would. Can't speak for Huff though. I'm not saying Huff should not go, I'm saying Aikmen should go announce Dallas games before they get rid of Huff. But I will say I have not liked any of the young guys they have used in the past in place of or with Huff and his team.

To me that is.
The national guys get like 1 day to meet with the teams and talk to players. Remember it is ONE broadcast of TWO teams. Should Fox produce a separate broadcasts for each team's market? Which one do they provide to the nation? Not gonna happen. The point of the Fox/CBS/NBS/ESPN broadcast teams are to be neutral teams who can present the game for the entire country and speak neutrally abou the game and teams. It's the whole point.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #69
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'll give you another, I'm stomaching Randel El. To me he was a Steeler's player who came to us for a few short years. Then went back to being a Steeler. Why isn't he sideline reporting for the Steeler's? Honestly I can deal with him but for what ever reason I don't like how he articulates some of his words and he sounds like he's mumbling sometimes. What happened to some of the female sideline reporters from last yr?

Who the heck is the sideline reporter who played for the Ravens? Sometimes he will be on the sideline and not say a word unless the booth asks him a question (I love him on those days), then there is the games he seems he just can't shut up. I do like how he points out specific things with the OL or DL which ususally none of the announcers will talk about.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I prefer non-homers honestly. I cringe when I hear rampant homerism in the booth. Someone like Sonny is OK since he doesn't just BS how everything is great. Sam is terrible for that is noted above. Doc I think is not so great...to homerish for me.

But Sam...well he has to go. It's bordering on cruel to both him and fans to keep him on board. I know Sonny is tight with Snyder so maybe that affects it all.
I can tell you for a fact, first-hand that a) Sonny is not fighting to keep Sam in the booth and b) Snyder would not be the guy to make that argument to anyway
Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #71
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm guess your dislike is more against the player Aikmen then the announcer Aikmen. I felt the same way at first then I realized he is fair when annoucing our games.
I agree. Aikman is pretty good. Moose is terrible. Baldinger has his moments. Billick makes me want to kill him. All these color guys come from teams. In the booth you have to forget it.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #72
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Honest Question: Are you actually serious about this, or just trolling?

And who are your favorite announcers who have called Redskins games
WOW, now I'm a troll? The several years I've been here talking football with you guys and because I say something about the announcers and you guys don't like.... I'm a troll.

I can't wait to see the next person who says something that does not go with the social norm here just to see if they get called a troll.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #73
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post

When the two were young (Sam and Sonny) I liked them cause yes Sam was the homer and Sonny gave it to you straight. They balanced out.

Now how do you like the guy Larry Michael on Redskins Nation? His homerism drives me nuts.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #74
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
WOW, now I'm a troll? The several years I've been here talking football with you guys and because I say something about the announcers and you guys don't like.... I'm a troll.

I can't wait to see the next person who says something that does not go with the social norm here just to see if they get called a troll.
Trolling about this particular topic. Like are you just trying to mess with us...because honestly, you must realize your argument is filled with holes
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #75
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
When the two were young (Sam and Sonny) I liked them cause yes Sam was the homer and Sonny gave it to you straight. They balanced out.

Now how do you like the guy Larry Michael on Redskins Nation? His homerism drives me nuts.
I refuse to watch that dreck of a show.