Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Samari or Freddy?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: 2005 Starting CBs: Springs and...
Smoot 38 65.52%
Harris 4 6.90%
Wilds 5 8.62%
Rolle 7 12.07%
Other (who?) 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2005, 02:25 PM   #61
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Re: Samari or Freddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
So tonight at midnight is the beginning of the free agency process eh? I can't wait to see what will happen tomorrow.
isn't wednesday at 12:00 am the beginning tommorrow at midnight not tonight, inform me if i'm wrong!
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #62
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'm actually not sure. I thought it was tonight. Anybody else got some info on this?
Old 02-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #63
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

March 2nd is the official date...
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #64
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Ah... that's right. For some reason I thought today was the 1st. Argh.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #65
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

yeah thats tommorow night. one more day for snyder to work that magic
Old 02-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #66
celts32
Playmaker

It makes no f-ing sense to me how they can justify not paying Smoot and then paying more money for his older replacement. it would be one thing if they decided they could not afford Smoot and then signed a less expensive free agent replacement. This is just typical Redskins though, in valueing other teams players more than their own. How in the world can you say on one hand that giving Smoot his demands will cost you other players and then go out and spend even more money on a different CB. I really thought Coach Gibbs was going to put a stop to the revolving free agency door. I am really disapointed today, becasue this proves that the Redskins have not changed at all. They may be better coached now, but the front office thinking has not changed one bit. very disapointing...
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #67
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32
It makes no f-ing sense to me how they can justify not paying Smoot and then paying more money for his older replacement. it would be one thing if they decided they could not afford Smoot and then signed a less expensive free agent replacement. This is just typical Redskins though, in valueing other teams players more than their own. How in the world can you say on one hand that giving Smoot his demands will cost you other players and then go out and spend even more money on a different CB. I really thought Coach Gibbs was going to put a stop to the revolving free agency door. I am really disapointed today, becasue this proves that the Redskins have not changed at all. They may be better coached now, but the front office thinking has not changed one bit. very disapointing...

I agree, but just to let you know....Rolle is only 2 years older than Smoot.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:36 PM   #68
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybigstar
Smoot also has played for Williams. Last year!!
I was commenting on if Samari would fit in here as a skin on defense, I honestly don't feel one way or the other on this one. We don't know how much smoot was offered, and I think if Rolle was offered the same amount as smoot and he takes it, while smoot thinks he should get more, o well life goes on. Its a business and u can't pay for emotional attachments.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #69
celts32
Playmaker

I know Rolle is not over the hill, but he's still older. Two years is two full seasons. When you are only talking about 10-12 year carreers two years is a significant percentage of a players career. This makes no sense to me at all. Smoot you could say is still getting better in this league. Rolle has peeked and if he's better than Smoot now it's only marginally better. This is the kind of move that aggravates me to no end with the Redskins. No matter how much of a Redskins apologist anyone on this site is, there is just no way that anyone in their right mind can justify this move. When the hell will the Redskins stop valueing other teams players more than their own? They talk about core redskins and wanting to play here. It's a f-ing 2 way street Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:38 PM   #70
Funbunchfan
Camp Scrub

Talking Re: Samari or Freddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
I used to really dislike the way Fred played. But after the last 2 seasons I have changed my mind. He has heart!!!
You cant play on heart alone . Smoot is the furthest from a shutdown corner and Rolle, when healthy is. Remember this he flourished under Greg Williams in Tennesee and he will again here. Admitadly I have been a Smoot hater for a long time now and now it looks like he is out. Bye bye smooty!
what is the first thing a woman does coming home from a battered shelter? the dishes if she knows whats good for her.
Funbunchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:39 PM   #71
bedlamVR
Special Teams

As I understand it Smoot and co. are official free agents tonight (on the 1st) and can sign with other teams tomorrow on the 2nd I think .

The coaches and everyone might want Smoot back but there has to be a plan B if we sit on our hands and wait for Smoot to decide or not to come back here any top FA will be gone and Smoot could turn aroundand simply say he has a better offer elsewhere, then we are up a certian creak without a padle. By at least geting your name in the hat for top CB prospects then it gives you a fall back position .

I truely think and it is not a Redskins thing here agents representing all kinds of players are waiting till free agency ...
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #72
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlamVR
As I understand it Smoot and co. are official free agents tonight (on the 1st) and can sign with other teams tomorrow on the 2nd I think .

The coaches and everyone might want Smoot back but there has to be a plan B if we sit on our hands and wait for Smoot to decide or not to come back here any top FA will be gone and Smoot could turn aroundand simply say he has a better offer elsewhere, then we are up a certian creak without a padle. By at least geting your name in the hat for top CB prospects then it gives you a fall back position .

I truely think and it is not a Redskins thing here agents representing all kinds of players are waiting till free agency ...
I would rather just start Harris if Smoot leaves than give Rolle a 15 mil bonus.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:46 PM   #73
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Most definitely. AND Williams has been speaking highly of Wilds as a backup.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #74
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32
I would rather just start Harris if Smoot leaves than give Rolle a 15 mil bonus.
Me too!!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #75
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

I don't know how credible this report is and i didn't trust the coles one when i heard it and now it is accepted that it is not gonna happen. Remember we won't hurt our team expecially here. We may feel smoot is amazing and if we are gonna pay rolle more it must be because he is better or that if smoot has now fallen back on the deal. GW is not stupid we jumped 22 spots in d and that is his credit and he will not hinder the team. ROLLE is not "old" he may be older but not old. I think shawn springs is better than smoot and he is also older. Springs averaged 11.6666 games the three seasons before he got here and got the same amount of INTs this year as he did those three years. People said he couldn't replace Bailey but i would not take bailey back in replacement of springs. Rolle is also said to be faster than smoot and the speed on our defense is elite and will get better. Rolle also got the sacks with williams in the begginning, think of two CBs like that and we would have 2 shut down CBs along with the best free saftey and bowen or clark who are just amazing additions.

EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT, I TRUST THE TEAM ENOUGH NOT TO HURT ITSELF. THERE IS A REASON