2022 Midterms thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #61
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: 2022 Midterms thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
You didn't once address the issue of the democratic party funding the campaign's of these people that are threats to democracy. Are you OK with that or is it wrong?

Just spinning away on some bullshit rant about how I want America destroyed. Which has got to be the dumbest fucking thing ever said on this site. I think everyone here knows how much I love this fucking country.
LOL, fuck your outrage . You want this Country to fail . You chico and a few others, it validates your hate towards Dems, Libs and moderate republicans while destroying the country at the same time.
https://news.yahoo.com/why-people-th...133406945.html

Face it , you're a "fascists".

One of the most articulate thinkers in this group was the early-20th-century philosopher Giovanni Gentile, whom Italian dictator Benito Mussolini called “the philosopher of fascism.” And many fascists, like Gentile, claim they are not opposed to democracy. On the contrary, they think of themselves as advocating a more pure version of it.
According to fascists, only those who share the correct attributes can be part of “the people” and therefore true members of society. Others are outsiders, perhaps tolerated as guests if they respect their place and society feels generous. But outsiders have no right to be part of the democratic order: Their votes should not count.

This helps explain why Tucker Carlson claims “our democracy is no longer functioning,” because so many nonwhites have the vote. It also helps explain why Carlson and others so vigorously promote the “great replacement theory,” the idea that liberals are encouraging immigrants to come to the U.S. with the specific purpose of diluting the political power of “true” Americans.

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2022, 09:45 AM   #62
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, fuck your outrage . You want this Country to fail . You chico and a few others, it validates your hate towards Dems, Libs and moderate republicans while destroying the country at the same time.
https://news.yahoo.com/why-people-th...133406945.html

Face it , you're a "fascists".

One of the most articulate thinkers in this group was the early-20th-century philosopher Giovanni Gentile, whom Italian dictator Benito Mussolini called “the philosopher of fascism.” And many fascists, like Gentile, claim they are not opposed to democracy. On the contrary, they think of themselves as advocating a more pure version of it.
A. I'm not outraged. I've already known about this for a while. If I was outraged I would have posted way more about it when I 1st saw this.

B. I don't hate anyone.

C. You still haven't addressed the issue or answered the question. Stop spinning and answer the question or just STFU!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #63
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Goddamn how many times do I have to post the links that show there are 10-15K late term abortions every year and the majority are elective?????? You all accept the data when I post it and then seem to immediately dump that data from your memory.

That said if these abortions aren't occurring what's the f-ing problem with passing regulations that ban abortions that in your view aren't occurring???

And yet again (for about the 10th time on this board).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6457018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muhL7dhUBqs

Reading the Health Services Management paper it sounds like late term abortions while elective are the result of lack of insurance and younger. This is a health policy issue not a women choosing to change their mind issue.

The data is also woefully out of date nobody should be citing or referencing a decades old data, but it does reference data on abortions is underfunded and lacks appropriate documentation. How many of these are teenagers hiding their pregnancy for fear? Don't have access to resources in early trimesters? Fighting with insurance to pay for procedure? etc.

The article uses this as source 4 which shows some of the complications and reasons for these late terms. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24188634/

If we are going to put a ban then we need to ensure we are providing essential supports, which we won't.

My guess is with the out right bans we are seeing you will see third trimester abortions go up not down because it compounds the reasons people have late term abortions.

I also have an issue with republicans calling the over turn of Roe as pushing it back to the states an now clamoring for a national law. Both parties push the goal posts I get it but regardless of who is doing it, it is insulting and disingenuous.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:05 AM   #64
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
A. I'm not outraged. I've already known about this for a while. If I was outraged I would have posted way more about it when I 1st saw this.

B. I don't hate anyone.

C. You still haven't addressed the issue or answered the question. Stop spinning and answer the question or just STFU!
A) You try to post about it but get shot down so you give up. You're a hit and run type of political poster

B) Keep telling yourself that but your posts and your memes say different.

C)LOL, addressed what, it's apolitical tactic done for years republican's had done it for years. Here is one example in PA.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-for-governor/

Just enjoy the destruction of America and embrace that you were a part of it!
Old 11-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #65
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
A) You try to post about it but get shot down so you give up. You're a hit and run type of political poster

B) Keep telling yourself that but your posts and your memes say different.

C)LOL, addressed what, it's apolitical tactic done for years republican's had done it for years. Here is one example in PA.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-for-governor/

Just enjoy the destruction of America and embrace that you were a part of it!
You have not answered the question at all. You're a fucking liar. And that is just a whataboutism you just posted.

Is it wrong for the democratic party to fund far-right candidates in their primaries? It's a simple yes or no question. But you won't answer. Just spin it to personal attacks against me.

You do the same bullshit every time. You offer absolutely fucking nothing to these threads. They would be way better off if you could just STFU up for even 1 day.

You're the only dumbfuck here that thinks I don't love America.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:24 AM   #66
SunnySide
Playmaker

^^ this is the republican candidates sign lol

geez
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:27 AM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

^^ this is the republican candidates sign lol

geez
Like is he trying to trick democrats into making them think he's a democrat? I'm assuming he will have a (R) next to his name on the actual ballot.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:31 AM   #68
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Like is he trying to trick democrats into making them think he's a democrat? I'm assuming he will have a (R) next to his name on the actual ballot.
Its weird ... hes running for montgomery county executive which is strongly democrat so i guess its try everything ... but this is absurd.

elections in this country is a big top circus clown show anyways ...

I like it

lets just race towards the bottom .. embrace the absurdity of our elections
Old 11-07-2022, 10:40 AM   #69
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Its weird ... hes running for montgomery county executive which is strongly democrat so i guess its try everything ... but this is absurd.

elections in this country is a big top circus clown show anyways ...

I like it

lets just race towards the bottom .. embrace the absurdity of our elections
Yeah, that's definitely low brow man.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #70
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You have not answered the question at all. You're a fucking liar. And that is just a whataboutism you just posted.

Is it wrong for the democratic party to fund far-right candidates in their primaries? It's a simple yes or no question. But you won't answer. Just spin it to personal attacks against me.

You do the same bullshit every time. You offer absolutely fucking nothing to these threads. They would be way better off if you could just STFU up for even 1 day.

You're the only dumbfuck here that thinks I don't love America.
LOL, spin away. Your vote says it all. You back the far right candidates your gonna get what you want. You're gonna try to blame the Dems but it won't work. Butthurt isn't fun but the truth never is and you're butthurt right now.

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:58 AM   #71
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Wisconsin Republicans, who have had a viselike grip on the Legislature since enacting the nation’s most aggressive gerrymander after their 2010 sweep of the state’s elections, make no apologies for pressing their advantage to its limits. Michels, the party’s nominee for governor, told supporters this week, “Republicans will never lose another election in Wisconsin after I’m elected governor.”

Former Rep. Reid Ribble, a Republican who served northeastern Wisconsin, said, “There’s a lot of complaining about gerrymandered House or state Assembly seats, and there’s some truth to that.”

“When you can win a majority of voters and have close to a third of the seats, it’s not true democracy,” said Greta Neubauer, the Democratic leader in the State Assembly. “We are very much at risk of people deciding that it’s not worthwhile for them to continue to engage because they see how rigged the system is against the people of the state in favor of Republican politicians.”

In northwest Wisconsin, the three incumbent Democratic legislators decided against running for reelection under new, more Republican-friendly maps. Under the old maps, Biden carried each of the districts, which are home to large numbers of unionized workers in paper mills, mines and shipyards. Under the new lines Republicans adopted last year, Trump would have won them all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin...125129138.html

Im feel like disengaging as well .. whats the point. States can have more democrat voters then republican but due to gerrymandering have no say.

Political system is broken.
Meant to comment on this when you posted it. Gerrymandering is such bullshit. Cheating without cheating.

I really wish all 50 states could have a non-partisan board or whatever, that created new districts from scratch that did not include any metrics about the party affiliations of the people in each proposed district.

Should simply be based on population areas or geographical areas. Maybe just divide the total population by the number of districts needed, then just chunk off the state/county/city/etc. into districts that have an equal amount of people. The chunks could just start at one corner of the district and expand out until the right number of people are covered. Then start the next district from that spot. I don't know if that's a great idea or not, but it's better than political gerrymandering.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:02 AM   #72
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, spin away. Your vote says it all. You back the far right candidates your gonna get what you want. You're gonna try to blame the Dems but it won't work. Butthurt isn't fun but the truth never is and you're butthurt right now.
You talk about spin, but you still haven't answered the question lol. I've never seen someone project more in my life than you. You've posted like 5 replies without still just stating Yes/No about the democratic party funding far-right candidates being wrong or not. So I'll just assume you think it's perfectly fine.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #73
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ght-candidates

Democrats have spent more than $53M boosting far-right candidates in primaries. The money has gone toward a Democratic strategy that elevates far-right candidates who have questioned or denied the results of the 2020

“tHREat tO DemOcRAcY”

These aren’t serious people or serious ideas
They did this in Maryland propping up Dan Cox over Kelly Schultz and it drove me nuts. Instead of having two viable candidates we have one competent candidate and a buffoon in Dan Cox. I guarantee this strategy will bite them in the ass in some elections. I don't think Maryland but in other states probably and we get what we deserve because we have let this happen.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
They did this in Maryland propping up Dan Cox over Kelly Schultz and it drove me nuts. Instead of having two viable candidates we have one competent candidate and a buffoon in Dan Cox. I guarantee this strategy will bite them in the ass in some elections. I don't think Maryland but in other states probably and we get what we deserve because we have let this happen.
I'm very anti-more government, laws, etc.

But man, wouldn't it be so much better if parties simply weren't allowed to donate money to candidates in another party?

This is stealing money from voters imo. If I donated to a republican candidate, I would be pretty pissed off to find out some of my money went to support some democrat I would very likely not support.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:16 AM   #75
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Meant to comment on this when you posted it. Gerrymandering is such bullshit. Cheating without cheating.

I really wish all 50 states could have a non-partisan board or whatever, that created new districts from scratch that did not include any metrics about the party affiliations of the people in each proposed district.

Should simply be based on population areas or geographical areas. Maybe just divide the total population by the number of districts needed, then just chunk off the state/county/city/etc. into districts that have an equal amount of people. The chunks could just start at one corner of the district and expand out until the right number of people are covered. Then start the next district from that spot. I don't know if that's a great idea or not, but it's better than political gerrymandering.
Gerrymandering must be so frustrating in purple states.

Wisconsin - 42% republican, 42% dem ... but Republicans will have 2/3 of the state reps bc of maps drawn by republican drawn maps

North Carolina - 43% Dem, 41% republican ... seats are 8 R, 5 Ds and if the new republican maps get approved (also adding 1 seat) it will be 10 Republicans 4 Dems

Were just a bunch of tribal idiots at this point