Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

But I couldn't tell if maybe that was a shot at Zorn. Like "yeah now he's working with Campbell more closely and it's made a difference (no it hasn't because Campbell was just fine before)" Or something like that.

I don't know. It sounds unusual coming from Kelly who from all I've heard is very popular among teammates, coaches, office staff, etc.

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #62
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Mike Sellers all but indicated that in an interview. I think the offense is coming together now; whereas before it couldnt - Portis is too much of a diva and a divisive force on the team. For example, he tried to get Sellers pulled from a game for missing an assignment. I read that Sellers is the "Alpha Male" on the team - the one guy you can't mess with and get away with. That, after Portis' lack of practicing and buddy-buddy relationship with the owner for the past several years, could very well have been the proverbial "last straw."

I get that Portis himself has lost a step or two, but I think this offense has more "energy" and is more productive when Portis isnt there.
I saw the Sellers interview and it was definitely a shot at Portis. I agree with your post 100%.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #63
MTK
\m/

Am I missing something what was so bad about what Kelly said?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Am I missing something what was so bad about what Kelly said?
I think if he left it at "Jason's game has also improved" that'd be one thing, but it struck me as a bit odd when he continued with "I guess it has. I really don’t want to be the one to bad mouth anyone.”
Old 12-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #65
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Yeah yeah yeah . . . . Whatever. . . . Let's give some real credit where it's due:

Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #66
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Hard to say where the young WRs are coming from IMO. To me these guys are a bright spot on this team.

...if us fans are lucky enough to get a legitimate FO/coaching staff by next season I think Thomas and Kelly could be a great duo (along w/ Fred) in most offensive systems. Add Cooley to the mix and OMG we just need a new offensive line and backfield talent to reach the stars lol. Seriously I just think any solid NFL coach should be able to really get a lot more out of the this team, after adding the necessary talent at a few key positions.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #67
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think if he left it at "Jason's game has also improved" that'd be one thing, but it struck me as a bit odd when he continued with "I guess it has. I really don’t want to be the one to bad mouth anyone.”
I really can't tell what way he was going with that.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #68
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Hard to say where the young WRs are coming from IMO. To me these guys are a bright spot on this team.

...if us fans are lucky enough to get a legitimate FO/coaching staff by next season I think Thomas and Kelly could be a great duo (along w/ Fred) in most offensive systems. Add Cooley to the mix and OMG we just need a new offensive line and backfield talent to reach the stars lol. Seriously I just think any solid NFL coach should be able to really get a lot more out of the this team, after adding the necessary talent at a few key positions.
I do agree with you that they have been a bright spot this year. however, if we completely switch offensive systems, it might take these guys a couple of years to catch on. and heaven forbid we hire shanahan and he wants to bring in a new DC (instead of promoting gray) and our defense has to start over from scratch.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 AM   #69
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But I couldn't tell if maybe that was a shot at Zorn. Like "yeah now he's working with Campbell more closely and it's made a difference (no it hasn't because Campbell was just fine before)" Or something like that.

I don't know. It sounds unusual coming from Kelly who from all I've heard is very popular among teammates, coaches, office staff, etc.
He could just be saying he doesn't want to imply that these guys weren't doing well beforehand, that's what I got out of it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #70
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I think that if we had brought in Shermin Lewis from the start we may still be in the playoff race. And cudos to Vinny for bringing this guy in.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #71
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I was thinking to bump this thread and refresh what our O has done:
Zorn calling plays:
17pts, 9, 14, 16, 17, 6

Sherm calling plays
17, 17, 27, 6, 24, 30, 34

I know there were other factors, but that is a Great trending line. Especially when you factor in the strength of the competition!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #72
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I was thinking to bump this thread and refresh what our O has done:
Zorn calling plays:
17pts, 9, 14, 16, 17, 6

Sherm calling plays
17, 17, 27, 6, 24, 30, 34

I know there were other factors, but that is a Great trending line. Especially when you factor in the strength of the competition!
That was a good article by Boswell that SFREDSKIN linked to. Zorn admits he's made mistakes and has learned some things. Sherm may have something to do with this.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I think that if we had brought in Shermin Lewis from the start we may still be in the playoff race. And cudos to Vinny for bringing this guy in.
Haven't you been paying attention? Rule #73 of The Warpath...Vinny should never get credit for anything positive.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #74
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

I say keep Zorn, we will never find another head coach who can make those interesting facial expressions on the sideline. He is a unique talent!!
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #75
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
He could just be saying he doesn't want to imply that these guys weren't doing well beforehand, that's what I got out of it.
If we are parsing words, I do think that is what he meant.