Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #61
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

I'd be willing to bet that he knew what was about to go down. Either way if he knew about the shooting or not I hope Mr. Iron Fist comes down hard on Vick. Enough is enoough. How come Vick can't go to a steak house and celebrate his B-day with family and close friends?? He's had so many chances to leave these leaches behind yet he still can't do it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #62
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

The latest news is that Vick has allegedly lied about the timeline, as security camera footage proves that he was there when the shooting happened.

He's lied to Goodell before. Now he has lied again. I think this is it for him.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #63
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Ya, I think thats it.

Man, am I the only one here that hates, HATES Dirtbag pieces of shit in this sport? The NFL has gotten so perverted by these POS "thugs" and "gangsters", fuckin idiots. The way they act makes me so sick. Ridiculous. I really wish character meant something nowadays, but just like the sport, the more you pay these immature dirtbag pieces of shit from da hood, the more SHIT they are gonna do to embarass themselves and the game. Its just a shame that most of the good athletes have to be from that walk of life, or from that rung on the social ladder that if they get a one hundred dollar bill, they dont know how to act.

Stay True to da hood, homies!!!!!!
You have to realize that a lot of guys that come from the hood never get in trouble. It's the media that crams the bad stuff down our throats. For every hood rat or Michael Vick, there are 50 guys that grew up poor and from the hood that don't get in trouble...like our own London Fletcher or someone like Marcellus Wiley. Keep that in mind. Remember, people can't control where they come from but they can control what they do if they get out from the hood.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #64
firstdown
Living Legend

Guys I don't think this is really a night club but more of a resturant that stays open late and has a bar. This is a new area to Va. Beach and is in a nice section of town and not some thug type bar. I could be off some but I was very surprised when I heard where this happened and this is more of a business/resturant/bar type area in Va Beach. They developed this area so Va beach would have a place they could call downtown and develope over the years.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #65
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
The latest news is that Vick has allegedly lied about the timeline, as security camera footage proves that he was there when the shooting happened.

He's lied to Goodell before. Now he has lied again. I think this is it for him.
I thought the latest news has him leaving 3 minutes before the shooting, or is there a new story out?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #66
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

witnesses are now apparantley being more cooperative, and the security footage directly contradicts Vick's original statements.

Additionally, the police has changed Vick's status from a "person of no interest". They will be talking to him soon.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #67
MTK
\m/

The security footage shows him leaving 3 minutes before the shooting, not 30 minutes as Vick had originally said. He wasn't there when the shooting happened.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #68
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You have to realize that a lot of guys that come from the hood never get in trouble. It's the media that crams the bad stuff down our throats. For every hood rat or Michael Vick, there are 50 guys that grew up poor and from the hood that don't get in trouble...like our own London Fletcher or someone like Marcellus Wiley. Keep that in mind. Remember, people can't control where they come from but they can control what they do if they get out from the hood.
Definitely. Curtis Martin and Donald Driver also come to mind.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #69
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The security footage shows him leaving 3 minutes before the shooting, not 30 minutes as Vick had originally said. He wasn't there when the shooting happened.
You could still smell is cologne until the burnt gunpowder smell over-powered it. Here's my take for what its worth:

You didn't know anything bad was going to happen and you leave three minutes before it happened, that's your story.

You or someone close to you is directly involved in either a violation of parole or the shooting itself and you leave the scene right before the incident. Your story is you left well before it happened and pray.

What really hit me, is when Marcus was mentioned as a possible shooter, and that the originally story mentioned the brothers leaving together well in advance. The fact that they had to mention that both left didn't stand out until that rumor was "reported." Who cares enough about Marcus for that to be mentioned?

Like I said I was staying neutral on this, knowing that there are powers beyond one man's control with that many people in one place. Now that the story has some holes in it I am starting to question what really happened. The truth will set you free! Or land you back in the slammer if you are a complete dumb ass.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #70
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
One of the stories that sticks out in my mind was an ESPN special on Donald Driver. I loved it, and would like to see more stuff like that, but those stories take too long to tell in a "twitter" world of one-liners. And we can't feel better about ourselves if someone is doing something positive. Not hating on broadcast companies but ratings drive up ad revenue and stories that let us judge people to be worse than us mean more profit.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #71
over the mountain
Playmaker

I think some of you all have driven through the hood in a long time, if ever. the streets are full of people with bad intentions. The times i do have to drive thru west baltimore, its white nuckles on the wheel, head on a 360 degree swivel, ready to run red lights and take off if anyone starts to approach my car.

its not the case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, its a bunch of bad apples with a few good ones looking for a way to move out of the hood.

sorry, but people with rosy and disney-esque visions of the hood live in the burbs.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #72
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
witnesses are now apparantley being more cooperative, and the security footage directly contradicts Vick's original statements.

Additionally, the police has changed Vick's status from a "person of no interest". They will be talking to him soon.
The local paper here said they interviewed MV yesterday ot Tuesday.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #73
firstdown
Living Legend

Here is an interesting article from a local paper here in Va Beach. IT says it was an open to the public party and cost $30 to enter. It also shows the flier sent out showing D Hall coming as a guest.
Man wounded in shooting after Beach party for Michael Vick | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #74
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I think some of you all have driven through the hood in a long time, if ever. the streets are full of people with bad intentions. The times i do have to drive thru west baltimore, its white nuckles on the wheel, head on a 360 degree swivel, ready to run red lights and take off if anyone starts to approach my car.

its not the case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, its a bunch of bad apples with a few good ones looking for a way to move out of the hood.

sorry, but people with rosy and disney-esque visions of the hood live in the burbs.
My son goes to a charter school right by Carroll Park near Hollins Market in SW Baltimore. Let's just say that calling the neighborhood "rough" is an understatement (Terrific school though). Anyone who thinks the ratio of 50:1/good:thug is anything approaching reality is sadly mistaken. Not saying the reverse is true either - just that the 'hood exists and there are a looooot of bad people in it.

One of Aidan's school counselors is a 20 something, 6'4", African American dad whose kids go to the school and who is from the 'hood. About the 'hood and thug life he said to me "some get out, some don't but want to, some get out but don't actually leave, but most never want to leave 'cause they just can't function outside 'the life'".

Apparently, Vick is one of those who you take out of the Hood but you can't take the Hood outta him.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #75
over the mountain
Playmaker

Yup Joe. I was working with a youth outreach center in south baltimore last month. These are the people that are out there trying to do good but they say most of the kids are just rotten. Im helping them do a youth mock trial thing. The lady said it wasnt really for the kids, but hopefully the message will reach some of their parents. story after story they told me of how kids embrace the lifestyle.

The islamic guys in their huge colorful robes trying to promote islam dont go out on the streets without atleast 3 or more of them.

white, balck, yellow, purple, whether you live in the hood, just outside it or in the burbs, everyone is scared to death when driving or walking through these parts. im talking scared to death of 12 year olds on up. these lil kids bang hard.

my time in balt city central booking was nothing more than a recruitment center for the older established drug holders trying to pursuade the younger guys who are in their for drug running on the streets. this one dude had a cell phone, made threatening calls to complaining victims, gave orders to people under him regardin how they should handle biz for the next 14 hours while he is in lock up, popping pills, rolling weed. all these kids were looking and talking with him like he was a celebrity. older guys would write messages on the wall begging these young gang bangers to give up the life, saying where are your homies now?

yet another really long post from me, off topic as usual. sorry fellas.