do you speed?

Parking Lot

Old 04-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #61
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: do you speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Sometimes I sit in the left lane at 75 to purposely block people from going by at 85+.

You shouldn't be going that fast and I'm willing to piss you off to make it happen.
Why am I not surprised?

Asshole on the internet, asshole driving, both times shielded heh
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #62
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
As you said, it's a flow of traffic thing. It has nothing to do with the law, it has everything to do with what's safe.

When traffic is moving at nearly the same speed, the space differential between cars remains constant and predictable. When you have people going 15 mph above OR below the flow of traffic, you have a dangerous situation.

I don't care who "feels" they can control a car at 85 or 95. It doesn't matter. I feel I can too. What makes it dangerous is the fact that they're going 15 mph faster than everyone else, and when somebody else on the road makes a mistake and merges without looking, all of a sudden that 15 mph speed differential becomes very dangerous. The driver has to react to the mistake, and at 95 must suddenly make some sort of move to avoid.
You're assuming that everybody is going the speed limit. We're talking about how high over the limit you go, not how much faster than the flow of traffic. I know that in a lot of NoVA if you're not at least 10 over you risk being rear-ended.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #63
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm not sure if being a passive aggressive road rager is any more productive than the dick driving 90 and riding everyone's ass. I mean is it really worth it Schneed? What happens when you come across with the one wacko with a weapon?
He's still an invincible ncaa d-1 varsity athlete
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #64
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Why am I not surprised?

Asshole on the internet, asshole driving, both times shielded heh
And I see you're a moron in this thread too.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #65
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
And I see you're a moron in this thread too.
No more than you allow me to be

Mad you have a lil competition in the trolling department I see.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #66
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

For the record, I do not speed. Its not worth it. I always leave for work with 10-15 extra minutes to spare so I have no reason to speed.

Schneed. About 7 years ago I got a call from my wife saying my 8month old daughter just had a seizure. I ran out the door of work and jumped in my truck and was off. I was going about 95mph in the left lane when some jerk did exactly what you are claiming you do. If I would have had the time I would have followed that guy to his destination and whipped his ass. I realize my situation was a little out of the norm. How do you know why a person might be speeding? He could be going to an emergency situation or just late for work. If you were to do something like this to me, I assure you it wouldn't turn out so well Mr.NCAA div. 1 athlete.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #67
Monksdown
The Starter

The left lane is for passing, not blocking. I don't understand why people feel the need to police other people. Get a badge, or get the **** out of my way. I pass on double lines when i feel it's safe. I pass on the shoulder, i pass on the right. You blocking the left lane does nothing for you. unless of course you're comfortable with my 300 horses sitting in your back trunk. Which i assure you, i will gladly place there at the risk of my insurance bill.

I know i drive fast, i don't tailgate unless provoked, and i always use a turn signal.

God bless.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
For the record, I do not speed. Its not worth it. I always leave for work with 10-15 extra minutes to spare so I have no reason to speed.

Schneed. About 7 years ago I got a call from my wife saying my 8month old daughter just had a seizure. I ran out the door of work and jumped in my truck and was off. I was going about 95mph in the left lane when some jerk did exactly what you are claiming you do. If I would have had the time I would have followed that guy to his destination and whipped his ass. I realize my situation was a little out of the norm. How do you know why a person might be speeding? He could be going to an emergency situation or just late for work. If you were to do something like this to me, I assure you it wouldn't turn out so well Mr.NCAA div. 1 athlete.
Good point. Or imagine some guy trying to take his prego wife to the hospital and some douche is blocking the passing lane.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #69
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Another factor, I'm a stubborn son of a bitch on the roads, and I'm flat out not willing to let somebody go 95 if I can help it.

Had a confrontation with one such driver at the Chesapeake House rest stop in Maryland. When he got back on the road he chilled out.

I guess you can call it reverse road rage. I flat out don't tolerate it. I've called the cops on people from my cell, I've blockaded, I've confronted them at rest stops.

I lost a family member to a reckless driver. It touches a nerve.
You sound EXACTLY like me on the road. I CANNOT stand assholes who feel like they have this sense of entitlement and go all nuts because you're passing someone going 65 at 75 and THEY want to drive 85-90. Who the F do you think you are?

I routinely call the police on jackasses tailgating and weaving in and out. Sometimes I get lucky enough to beep the horn at them when they're pulled over down the road.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #70
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I can see both sides of this, and I DO accept this to be immature on my part...

...but for those criticizing this type of behavior, a lot of the same people are talking about how they have a right to go far above the speed limit because they feel like they can control it. Basically, if you tailgate me, I'm going to slow down even more. If I'm passing someone at a good speed, kiss my ass if you think I'm going to speed up to get out of your way.

If you're weaving in and out of traffic, I'll call the cops on you. God forbid you EVER blink your goddamn lights at me to try and force me to move. Do you REALLY think you're going to scare me into being like "OMG! I BETTER GET OUT OF THIS GUYS WAY!" I'm going to do everything humanly possible to slow you down even more.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #71
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
The left lane is for passing, not blocking. I don't understand why people feel the need to police other people. Get a badge, or get the **** out of my way. I pass on double lines when i feel it's safe. I pass on the shoulder, i pass on the right. You blocking the left lane does nothing for you. unless of course you're comfortable with my 300 horses sitting in your back trunk. Which i assure you, i will gladly place there at the risk of my insurance bill.

I know i drive fast, i don't tailgate unless provoked, and i always use a turn signal.

God bless.
And this is acceptable?!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #72
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Does calling the police really make any difference or does it just clog up our non-emergency lines for more prudent issues? I doubt someone can get a ticket or get arrested if their plates are complained. Also are dispatchers really gonna send a cop several miles ahead of where you are calling from?

I highly doubt it and like I said in my previous post not only is this all extremely immature but it is ineffective. There are other ways to use your energy to stop speeding.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #73
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
And this is acceptable?!
It's clearly not, or there wouldn't be laws about it. Do you ever feel like a sheep? baaaa, stay in the herd.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #74
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Does calling the police really make any difference or does it just clog up our non-emergency lines for more prudent issues? I doubt someone can get a ticket or get arrested if their plates are complained. Also are dispatchers really gonna send a cop several miles ahead of where you are calling from?

I highly doubt it and like I said in my previous post not only is this all extremely immature but it is ineffective. There are other ways to use your energy to stop speeding.
Calling the cops on someone breaking the law is immature? Well what if someone was stealing some stuff off your lawn? It's just crap, so it's only kind of stealing... Better leave the cops for the murders.

And yes, if an officer is in the area, I have many times found someone down the road pulled over. If that person slows down by getting pulled over and maybe saved a life in the process, I feel pretty damn good about myself.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #75
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
It's clearly not, or there wouldn't be laws about it. Do you ever feel like a sheep? baaaa, stay in the herd.
This is the type of thinking you basically cannot have a rational argument with. Just selectively ignore laws you don't think are right eh?